Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376399 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20520 on: July 25, 2018, 05:00:05 pm »

In theory I can’t find any fault with that game’s interface but somehow stuff like that always happens.  I once needed to play a 1R card from my hand in a five color deck and the auto mana spender tapped my one mountain to play an artifact.  Even tho I had no mana abilities and the only colored mana symbol in my hand was red.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20521 on: July 25, 2018, 05:09:52 pm »

In theory I can’t find any fault with that game’s interface but somehow stuff like that always happens.

Would you say you...

...can't put your finger on it?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20522 on: July 26, 2018, 10:32:45 am »

Fell off of a slide while facing backward and desperately wishing I wasn't on the slide, complete with flashbacks to Mario 64's deadly slides accompanied by high energy banjo music.

Spyro 3, in the Egyptian themed level I can't remember the name of.  I even already had the egg from the slide, but accidentally stepped on it again, and that's all she wrote.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20523 on: July 27, 2018, 07:31:23 pm »

Finally managed to get a box of supplies its destination without either getting shot or wrecking the truck - and the latter not entirely since someone freaked out and front-ended me before driving off. Still drivable.

What the mission doesn't clearly warn you about is that after delivering the supplies you have to defend the crate for 2 minutes and guys immediately spawn surrounding you. Oh, did I mention that I ditched all my weapons and gear so I could deliver the stuff undercover? Yeah, that drops the second the crate does too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20524 on: July 27, 2018, 09:44:32 pm »

After the game (See in spoiler for what it is) got an update (weird that they're still updating the game, but I don't exactly want them to stop doing it or, worse yet, drop support, so I'm not complaining about it), I tried to go and cheese [EXTREME] TRAITOR'S CARAVAN using the Fulton Ballista on D-Walker.

Every time I tried to fire it, the game would just stop working. It would freeze up, and become impossible to close. I had to control-alt-delete and sign out before things went back to normal.

At that point I just gave up since I do not want to deal with armored bois and other armored bois.

I tried to go rushing in on HELLBOUND, where Walker Gears make their first appearances.

Turns out charging someone is a bad idea in this game, even if you do have a Walker Gear that has a minigun. The Battle Dress makes it less of a bad idea. I did not have the Battle Dress equipped.

My Walker Gear got destroyed, but as my character (not Snake) was falling out, he got hit by so many bullets (I'd been charging at another walker gear plus a manned machine gun and a few other Soviet soldiers) that he died as soon as he fell.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20525 on: July 27, 2018, 10:03:52 pm »

You can't crash ships in EVE.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: July 28, 2018, 05:14:16 am »

Finally figured out how to recruit personal squad members. Recruited too many to fit into a single civilian offroad. Drove to a spot near Kavala to assassinate a traitor. Squad found and wasted the guy. One NATO soldier responded and within 2 seconds we had 2 wounded along with the soldier. Patched all three up, divided my squad between the truck I brought and the one the traitor had. Started driving back.

Ran into a NATO patrol. Got shot out of the drivers seat. Squad medic dragged me from the truck, then ran off to help another squadmate. After a few minutes watching him perform CPR on that guy, and listening to the constant screaming of my #2 guy(whom I'd left at HQ), the medic comes back to me. As soon as I'm up, a NATO soldier empties his gun into both of us from close range. Apparently he was just waiting for me to get back up so that it wasn't a war crime to execute us?

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: July 29, 2018, 04:41:57 am »

The part of the stage leading up to the boss fight is fine. I can understand that getting hit is my own fault, and I can keep track of where bullets are flying without too much trouble.

It's when I do fight the bosses that things get really irritating.

Moving seems difficult, shooting feels either ineffectual or suicidal (every shot that isn't canceled into a dash leaves you vulnerable, and I have no idea how to properly use the sword), dashing feels like it has no effect (I won't get hit by that energy bullet, sure, but I will run straight into that knife, which I'll be taking extra damage from due to the HEAT system causing me to take more damage due to dashing and going through the energy bullet), it seems impossible to recover lost health or charge up hypers, and once you damage the boss of stage 3 (which I'm stuck on), he may whip out a move where he basically turns into a fidget spinner and tries to ram you.

I'm currently still stuck on Stage 3.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: July 29, 2018, 01:14:42 pm »

I accidentally pressed the windows key instead of dodge while fighting a giant spider. It was almost dead and I was at full health, but not when I managed to tab back to the game :c

Conan Exiles
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20529 on: July 29, 2018, 05:27:22 pm »

Heh, vaguely related, I just lost my first hero in Massive Chalice (third mission, I've only just started).  Dumbass 40-year-old level 1 alchemist was supposed to throw fire at two suicide-bombers, threw it at his feet and hit an ally.  On the plus side, the enemies only killed him, his ally got away badly wounded.  Also plus side, his inferior genes are no longer an issue.

Also, I checked back in on SS13.  After being astounded by the new hydroponics additions for a while, I played janitor but soon contracted appendicitis.  None of the 45 crew were playing medical, but the barman (who I'd been chatting with) offered to clone me.  "But would that really be me?  Nah, just help me die happy."  He gave me, then fed me, a lethal dose of dwarven brew and Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters (TM).  Sure enough, having enough alcohol in your body is still toxic.

To my surprise he then dragged me to cloning *anyway*, even waiting until I was decanted to give me back my stuff.  Real bro player, and arguably best bartender.

Later a lone syndicate operative destroyed me with a shotgun.  A medibot happened to be nearby though, and juuuuust saved me from death.  I managed to croak out a warning *right* before the nuke detonated.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20530 on: July 29, 2018, 05:30:59 pm »

About to give up on mine as well. Doing another supply drop. Drop site is right next to a roadblock that I didn't even know was a roadblock until the game told me I destroyed it - most roadblocks I ran into had 10-man squads defending it including two static .50cal machine guns. This one? 2 guys and a truck with an LMG mounted on the back.

The drop went well; we got attacked be we fought pretty well(I only got shot once!), so after the delivery was complete I had the technical repaired to add it to our force along with the two civilian trucks we brought. I divide the 6 men under my command between the vehicles, two each with me driving one of them. The pair that went into the technical got it right, driver and gunner. I ordered them to drive to HQ. The two with my truck got in no problems. The other two? Nope, both sitting in the back of the truck with their thumbs up their asses. Got out, shuffled a bunch, taking way too long before finally getting somebody in the other driver's seat.

As I'm looking at the map to order the other truck back to HQ, I see that the technical is both immobile and surrounded by hostiles. On the way over to assist them, I hear several explosions. And as I reach the site, I manage to drive over a few of them but the rest shot me with enough bullets that the force of it actually pushed the truck to a stop.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20531 on: July 29, 2018, 05:36:10 pm »

Also, I checked back in on SS13.  After being astounded by the new hydroponics additions for a while, I played janitor but soon contracted appendicitis.  None of the 45 crew were playing medical, but the barman (who I'd been chatting with) offered to clone me.  "But would that really be me?  Nah, just help me die happy."  He gave me, then fed me, a lethal dose of dwarven brew and Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters (TM).  Sure enough, having enough alcohol in your body is still toxic.

To my surprise he then dragged me to cloning *anyway*, even waiting until I was decanted to give me back my stuff.  Real bro player, and arguably best bartender.

If you think about it, won't you die happiest knowing that another instance of you will live on? ;P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20532 on: July 29, 2018, 05:57:32 pm »

Lone Op is a random spawn that has massively increased chances of occurring if the nuke disk is stationary. Unless an admin specifically admitted to forcing the event, it's quite likely it just happened naturally. Also, the PGGB actually isn't toxic, because it's not alcohol! Weird code, but it's true. Manly dorf absolutely is alcohol though, tied at second most potent booze in the game actually.

And yeah, hydro is over the top now. Grow a bajillion on-impact explosives more powerful than what chem can hand-craft? Sure. Best healing chems? Right on it! Home-grown eswords? Yeah, why not? A fucking chemical reaction that spawns 40 bees of whatever additional chem you put into the mix? Better bee-lieve it, buddy!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20533 on: July 29, 2018, 08:26:44 pm »

Fuck it, I give up. Well done UnReal World, you win. Apparently no matter what I do my previous tactics have ceased to work on anything and I could be killed by a fucking squirrel if it fought back, given my characters and their inability to do anything.

Just a question, but have you considered contacting the developer about the issues you've been experienceing, or posting your tales of misfortune on the game's forums?

Meanwhile, I've managed to defeat Stage 3 boss Mira. Now I'm stuck trying to beat The Operator (Stage 4 boss), 'cause she introduces a new mechanic - green fields that temporarily disable your ability to dash.

Not to mention her own attack patterns are a completely new animal as well.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20534 on: July 31, 2018, 04:12:26 am »

My loyal band of random strangers I just met assured me that it was safe. We defeated the Bear Boss easily. We trounced the Goblin Chief Boss and all his kin handily. We destroyed the Sentient Dust Storm Boss with hardly a scratch. How bad could the Deer Boss possibly be?

We destroyed the barrier crystals, snuck past the hallway of explosive rune traps, cleared scores of ice elementals, and finally reached the Deer Boss. We charged in, already imagining the lootsplosion that would rain down upon us as we performed a victory dance over fresh venison. But as we engaged the Deer Boss, something went horribly wrong...we found that we could no longer hold weapons in our hands- no, in our hooves! We were deer! We were all deer! We tried to flee in terror, but suddenly a sleuth of polar bears were between us and the exit. Caught between two evils, our entire party was torn to shreds in mere moments.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83528.msg7820289#msg7820289
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:40:17 am by Folly »
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 1575