Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376319 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20550 on: August 06, 2018, 05:31:31 pm »

Had a brilliant idea, load up a truck with a crapload of MAAWS 75mm HEAT rounds(which you start the campaign with infinite amount unlocked), and rain fire on an enemy outpost.

I load up the truck which, due to the fact that I can only carry 3 at a time, takes awhile. I start driving to a spot where I can get a good shot from, but I call it a day after a few run-ins with patrols near the spot I picked. On the way back, I get a notice, "Patrol spotted". I look at the map, and see the marker between me and HQ. I get a little closer to home and then I see the patrol marker has jumped almost all the way. I almost get there, but too late, lost 80-90% of my money and all but one of my HR.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Was engaged with a bandit force twice our number. We took up a defensive position near our start point, but we eventually figured out the bandits did the same thing. So we attacked. I picked one off from a distance, and while my squad laid down cover fire, I got in close to kill several more with pistol and grenade.

Unfortunately, two bandits with automatic weapons flanked me at close range. And so ends the life of the the leader of the Minov Independence and Liberation Front army. Fell in battle doing what he does best: killing 90% of the enemy army while everyone else shoots their gun in the air.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:47:30 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20551 on: August 06, 2018, 08:20:07 pm »

Went up for a rematch against Mother Ouroboros.  All was well until the first time she uses Disaster Cycle.  MC must really likes eternity-obsessed snakes, because every time I fight her, she ends up charming him and he annihilates his own team for her. 

Hotfire90

« Reply #20552 on: August 08, 2018, 11:07:51 am »

Party wiped on the third assault on the darkest dungeon, 3 of my heroes died on their first death's door check, including my vestal who died from blight before she could heal herself.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20553 on: August 10, 2018, 04:33:42 am »

As out of context as possible. I got blown up by a vindictive and tired looking Scientist because I didn't leave the trail to get to church in time, while being chased by a Hunter and a Lead Guitarist, while losing my weapon and not being able to find another one for myself, the Serial Killer wearing a Crown, EOD Boots, a Steel Shield, a Pope's Cassock, and a Sniper's scope.

The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20554 on: August 11, 2018, 10:19:44 pm »

Don't bring cabers to the final battle.  Don't bring more than 1-2 snipers.  Just bring boomthrowers, they'll be able to refill, and you'll fricken need them.

My *one* boomthrower was basically soloing the encounter, both specials and swarm (and one unfortunate ally, 85% throw failed wildly), until he got two-hit by offscreen Cradle artillery.  OH WELL

I had a caber who got a free action on every kill, but accuracy goes down with every hit.  He never got more than three kills in a round - always failing at accuracy ~55%. 

Basically the RNG screwed me and there was little indication as to my goal, so I spread out too much at first.  And the classes are *not* balanced for this fight.

Massive Chalice
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20555 on: August 12, 2018, 12:17:05 am »

Barroth is a pain in the butt.  And head.  And arm.  And I'm pretty sure at least three ribs.  I took it down, but died fainted twice in the process: one of which was when I took a Barroth charge to the face (knocking out half my health in a single go), and one of which was when I took a Diablos charge to the face (knocking off my entire health bar in a single go). 

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20556 on: August 12, 2018, 09:17:32 pm »

The mod is extremely... difficult, let's say.

Even before it one-shots you, though, you get a glimpse of the state of the world.

It's not very pretty.

One starting location starts you off in a shack that's got two bunk beds (total of four beds). On one of the bunk beds is a dead NCR Trooper.

Another starting location seems to depict the aftermath of an incident where the player character killed a group that attacked them... Over a can of beans.

A third location just has some dead people inside with no indication of where or why such a thing happened.

Bullets are extremely rare at the start. Most of the starts just give you two. Presumably, one to kill an enemy, a second for yourself if you miss.

Also, everything in the game hits as though it were an actual bullet - only a few melee attacks in and your character will likely be dead already, to say nothing of being shot.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20557 on: August 13, 2018, 12:10:59 am »

miscalculated a pirouette when travelling to summon a boss and splatted myself at high velocity against the ground.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:16:42 am by xaritscin »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20558 on: August 13, 2018, 02:34:29 am »

Hahaha! Silly walker you can't hurt me I'm in my space ship I'll just keep flying past you and pew pew you til yer dead.  I thought sentinels were supposed to be hard!  Anyway mission complete time to head back to the starbase.

Wait why did my pulse drive stop...'pulse drive disabled, enemy interference'.  What?  Sentinels in space?  And they're pissed?  And the starbase is 14 minutes away at standard boost speed?

No Man's Sky
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20559 on: August 13, 2018, 04:35:25 pm »

I had a really bad time.

She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20560 on: August 13, 2018, 04:39:48 pm »

It's kind of awful they take that completely out of context, entirely reducing how awesome that fight is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20561 on: August 13, 2018, 04:42:37 pm »

Barroth is a pain in the butt.  And head.  And arm.  And I'm pretty sure at least three ribs.  I took it down, but died fainted twice in the process: one of which was when I took a Barroth charge to the face (knocking out half my health in a single go), and one of which was when I took a Diablos charge to the face (knocking off my entire health bar in a single go). 

Some late advice:
Barroth heavily telegraphs everything he does, especially his charge
Bring dung bombs to sling at monsters that aren't your target to make them run away and leave you to your fight.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20562 on: August 13, 2018, 04:46:48 pm »

It's kind of awful they take that completely out of context, entirely reducing how awesome that fight is.
Trust me, I have a lot of respect for that fight (I got "dunked on", and quit happy rather than keep trying) but it's also kinda fun mechanically.  You can pretend it's like a friendly duel (:

Kinda a shame they overclocked the difficulty, though.  It's not like the real fight is at all easy.
She/they

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20563 on: August 13, 2018, 04:50:09 pm »

Went overboard with mods and now, after only a few quest mods are installed, Fallout: New Vegas is beginning to crash upon clicking "Exit Game".

Whee...

If you're interested in helping, here's a list of the Mods/Plugins I have active right now. They seem to be causing the crashing...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20564 on: August 17, 2018, 04:34:14 pm »

“Overboard with mods” doesn’t happen until the game crashes on launch. Crashes when you think about launching it, even.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 ... 1575