Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1267 1268 [1269] 1270 1271 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377321 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19020 on: April 12, 2017, 06:10:09 pm »

What's up with your copy of Steam?

I literally haven't had a single major Steam-based issue outside of the pop-ups interrupting some games I play.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19021 on: April 12, 2017, 08:58:22 pm »

I dont know. I cant get it out of compatibility mode, which is restricting a lot of online content like in dragons dogma. Ive done everything suggested by sources for disabling it, nothing works. This is my last resort.

I did die a little inside today when a ship i built was defeated in combat by a ship someone else built, because the ai was retarded and kepr firing at the same place even though none of its projectiles were hitting their target. Id think a check asking if your attempts to hurt the enemy are working or not would be a logical component to the ai.

Starmade.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19022 on: April 13, 2017, 05:50:55 pm »

Took several tries trying to shoot down a penguin-piloted UFO using a poison rocket launcher and an electric shotgun. Just ain't happening.
Then I wasted an hour scrolling through the Steam artwork section.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19023 on: April 13, 2017, 09:33:44 pm »

I am improving, slowly but surely. The Su-25 is a lovely beast to fly, once you get the hang of it. I still struggle with navigation, however, and using any more advanced weapons than good old bombs and cannon salvoes. I need to keep her steady with one hand, and lock the target on my little TV set with the other, before I overshoot the target. I suppose it comes with practice.

Now, I also wanted to see if I can make an emergency belly-landing. So, I got a pleasant bit of altitude, shut the electrics down, and pretended there had been an EMP or electrical fault or somesuch. Oh, no, all systems down, gears are jammed, what ever shall I do?

I did get her back down, found a nice bit of field and ditched it. I got the thing down in (mostly) one piece, although it was a very rough landing. I thought I was done for when the nose came off, but we came to a halt after a while. Happy to be alive, I start trying to figure out how to get out.
Whereupon I accidentally trigger my catapult seat, punch out of the wreck, land in a nearby pond and drown.

Bugger.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19024 on: April 14, 2017, 02:33:16 am »

The thin men were fiveish tiles away. Six seventy percent shots missed in a row. The VIP (many tiles away, behind full cover with Head Down) died and I have a feeling I'm locked out of the DLC storyline.

I'm suddenly not very excited to play Ironman anymore.

XCOM: Enemy Within.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19025 on: April 14, 2017, 02:45:53 am »

I once had a team of 6 colonels get ripped apart by thin men in a counsel mission.  Fricken crazy dudes.

Normally I'd say 6 to 5 against thin men you should just abandon cover and take the (almost) sure shot, but then there's the issue of revealing more pods.  I hope they make the pod reveal mechanics less annoying in future games.  And by less annoying I mean replace them with an entirely different system.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19026 on: April 14, 2017, 03:06:22 am »

It's still very early game, I only had three dudes (one died along the way). That happened over the course of two turns.

The pod reveal mechanic is very annoying. Not just for the cutscenes, but it feels very artificial and scripted whereas in Oldcom it felt like the enemies were out there, doing stuff, regardless of whether you found them or not.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19027 on: April 14, 2017, 03:23:05 am »

The old system would make cover useless, but the new system is pretty fricken bad.

Oh god I think I know which mission you're talking about.  At higher difficulties, unspoiled, that mission is an almost guaranteed squad wipe.  Spoiler alert, the enemy spawns are always the same on that one, but they can still walk around on classic and impossible.  But yeah, a team that point in the game could be fucked up by one thin man much less, I think, eight?  And the way the level is shaped is thin men heaven on top of that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19028 on: April 14, 2017, 03:41:04 am »

Vorazun has a neat recall to pylon ability that works on allies as well. Now imagine getting a dick teammate who summons (she also gets a global ability to summon a stealthed pylon) one in an enemy controlled part of the map and then mass recalls your entire probe line into that. One moment you're moving a probe to summon a gate and when you click back to your line it's empty and you're shit out of luck and resources.

And this was fucking coop, what the hell is wrong with people?

(Starcraft 2 coop mode)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19029 on: April 14, 2017, 06:23:58 am »

The old system would make cover useless, but the new system is pretty fricken bad.

Oh god I think I know which mission you're talking about.  At higher difficulties, unspoiled, that mission is an almost guaranteed squad wipe.  Spoiler alert, the enemy spawns are always the same on that one, but they can still walk around on classic and impossible.  But yeah, a team that point in the game could be fucked up by one thin man much less, I think, eight?  And the way the level is shaped is thin men heaven on top of that.

That mission is easy if you know it and play as such:

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19030 on: April 14, 2017, 07:44:59 am »

Well, shit. The "Tower of Power" my friends and I made to survive 7day raids was not quite as secure as we thought. It had 3 layers of iron reinforced wood, 2 layers of spike traps ringing it, and a ladder in the middle of a small maze to get up it. Which my friend forgot to break the bottom ladder bit so they cant get up at us. Somehow some of the large mutant ones climbed up without any legs. It knocked my friend near the ladder off, who died on impact with the ground, and then began to spin around on the spot, while lying on the ground without legs, then fell itself and died. Then his friends began climbing up and none of us had anything stronger then reinforced clubs on us, so we got knocked off and slaughtered. Luckily our underground sleeping bunker shielded us from the rest of the night. The next morning it looked like a cat5 hurricane tore though our surface base, walls torn to shreds and shit.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:53:08 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19031 on: April 14, 2017, 01:38:39 pm »

Killed myself with a fulaminant prism.

DCSS
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19032 on: April 14, 2017, 06:59:31 pm »

what the hell is wrong with people?
I think you're asking a question that answers itself, when you think about humans long enough.

They suck.

Anyway:

So I've been consistently getting 2nd and 3rd place on my team's scoreboards.

This means that all the other teammates are scoring lower than I am.

This means that their skills... are not.

Maybe it's very common for people to get RNG screwed when they're born or when they're growing up, but for whatever reason I always wind up in 2nd and 3rd while all of my teammates0 (except one or two people) fellate male reproductive organs.

The enemy team is just as smart as (and probably a little smarter than) I am, so you can tell how most of my matches ended.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19033 on: April 14, 2017, 07:51:27 pm »

That mission is easy if you know it and play as such:

If you're talking about the graveyard mission where much later aliens show up towards the end of the mission, that's not it.

It's the one that appears to be a regular convoy ambush at first.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19034 on: April 14, 2017, 09:07:48 pm »

I got an F on my daily evaluation.

And my vault was at 88% happiness, too...

Pages: 1 ... 1267 1268 [1269] 1270 1271 ... 1575