Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375184 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18375 on: December 08, 2016, 02:17:42 am »

Landed on Eve, then tried to take off again. Turns out air resistance with the top of my lander was too strong at ~230m/s, spun around only a couple kilometers up and nosedived back into the ground, killing all three crew members.

Getting back off of Eve is hard.

Kerbal Space Program.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18376 on: December 08, 2016, 10:48:19 pm »

RIP, Aizen Kunitoshi (愛染国俊) .  You were a pretty good tantou.  You certainly had a lot of spirit, which may be why I pressed on to the final boss despite you being in critical condition.  You probably should not have followed, but you did.

Though you did get a good crit on the boss before it killed you, and we did defeat it in your memory, unlocking a new area.  So...  Thanks!

Touken Ranbu - a weird game about sword guys, by the people who made that weird battleship women game

Is there any difference from that game and Kancolle?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18377 on: December 09, 2016, 06:36:36 am »

I haven't played Kancolle, but it sounds like they're pretty similar.  There are probably differences though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18378 on: December 09, 2016, 06:49:21 am »

Kancolle is for lonely nerds, Ranbu is for lonely gay nerds.
Black lives matter.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18379 on: December 09, 2016, 07:21:46 am »

Why isnt the pod.....oh shit, i done forgot the landing boosters and parachute again.
It is with regret that i report moon mission 2 has ended with failure and the deaths of two of our best astronauts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 07:23:54 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18380 on: December 09, 2016, 08:19:47 am »

Forgot I had inertial dampeners turned off, accidentally slammed my ship into a mountain.

Space Engineers

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18381 on: December 09, 2016, 02:24:26 pm »

Not necessarily my last death, but a cause for several others.
I realized after a while that for Imperial Administration, it called for Absolute Rule. That is, Absolute rule in the Council Laws.
I thought it meant fully Centralized.
If I'd made that distinction earlier, I could have not blown all those research points on Legalism and pointed them at Majesty, and then taken advantage of my loyalist council to push it though.
If I hadn't been mistaken, I would have achieved it easily 200 years earlier, and avoided the Century Of Revolts (I'll let you guess what happened that century)
If it were not for the Century Of Revolts, several Badashas of Most-Of-Europe would have lived longer and fruitful lives.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18382 on: December 09, 2016, 02:35:17 pm »

Turned on my 3DS for the first time in a while. I'd been feeling the need for some Monster Hunter action, and finally made myself go to the effort of actually turning the thing on.

It turns out the Khezu's lightning breath attack is still utter bullshit. Snipes you from across the map, goes through most obstacles, instant stun. Even when RNGesus graciously made my palicoes play the small healing song three times in a row, I died totally unable to move.

Might help if I tried to do an easier monster for my first time playing in a few months.

MH4U.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18383 on: December 09, 2016, 03:06:38 pm »

Not knowing how to do anything.

Cataclysm: DDA

... Seriously I forgot how intimidating this game is.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18384 on: December 09, 2016, 08:36:44 pm »

http://imgur.com/a/Bxlrx

Not exactly a death, but it's pretty much a case of 'me overestimating my ability as a general' and 'me thinking cavalry in medieval 2 are the end all be all to warfare.'

Medieval 2: Total War

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18385 on: December 10, 2016, 12:43:14 am »

I found that cavalry in Medieval II aren't all that great compared to, say, Rome. It seems like just about every army has spearmen as basic+ troops, and missile weapons have longer range and greater killing power.

A good cavalry charge can still make or break a battle, and in their own roles (chasing fleeing units, countering ranged units caught in the open, etc) they're still effective, but you can't really win battles just by spamming heavy cav anymore.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18386 on: December 10, 2016, 12:49:13 am »

I don't know how, but I got my character stuck in the wall. I was just randomly clicking while I thought of something, she walked into the wall and now she won't come out.

I think she's tired of being Chaotic Neutral in a strictly Lawful Good campaign.

Neverwinter Nights.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18387 on: December 10, 2016, 05:42:45 am »

Huh, a similar thing happened to me last night. Going for an achievement, I rode a motorcycle into an Extraction facility, only for a demon to pull me off and glitch me into a wall. Apparently, the demons couldn't see me to attack me(they still taunted at me). I had to fire my rocket launcher at the ground, which did surprisingly little damage. Had my last rocket not finished me off, poor Kinzie would have been stuck in that wall forever. I swear it was doing less damage the less health I had.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18388 on: December 10, 2016, 10:27:02 am »

I found that cavalry in Medieval II aren't all that great compared to, say, Rome. It seems like just about every army has spearmen as basic+ troops, and missile weapons have longer range and greater killing power.

A good cavalry charge can still make or break a battle, and in their own roles (chasing fleeing units, countering ranged units caught in the open, etc) they're still effective, but you can't really win battles just by spamming heavy cav anymore.

Yeaaah. I suppose the big problem was not switching out my mailed knights and hobilars for some other unit type. The Italians are great at defending their castles, who knew :P

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18389 on: December 10, 2016, 01:21:18 pm »

Finally stockpiled enough material to build a small spaceworthy mining ship, which was the first ship I had ever built on survival, was capable of mining ice and automatically turning it into oxygen for breathin' purposes, and ran completely off of nuclear power. I emerged from the planetary cradle for the first time, and flew up into space carrying enough cargo to start building an asteroid station. However, in order to build a gravity generator, I needed nickel, which I could not find any of in the nearby asteroids, so after gathering miscellaneous other minerals and sticking them into the refinery to process while I was gone, I turned back to the planet to get some of the nickel from my on-planet base. However, the base was 50Km away from me and the maximum speed in this game is 100m/s, so I got away from the computer to eat lunch while my ship was drifting towards the planet. I then proceeded to completely forget about my ship and then remember it a long time later, and then ran back to the computer just in time to see my ship slamming into a mountain again.

Space Engineers
Pages: 1 ... 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 ... 1575