Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375045 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18360 on: December 01, 2016, 11:54:44 pm »

Not my death, but I jumped into an unidentified signal source that appeared to be putting out some sort of degraded signal.  There, I saw an occupied escape pod and nothing else.  Unfortunately, I jumped in a little close and fast, and while turning to face it, I kinda sorta hit and destroyed it with my Adder.  "Don't worry, I'm here to save...oh, drat."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18361 on: December 02, 2016, 12:18:40 am »

Somewhere, a game admin facepalms and respawns the ARG plothook somewhere else.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18362 on: December 02, 2016, 04:30:33 pm »

20 lives. 7 continues(each with 3 extra lives). this is what I collected along the way. Many were fought, and won. All before me was destroyed. Then I met Metal sonic. I fought valiantly that first life, but it was not enough. one life lost. I lost several more lives battling metal sonic, until I finally defeated him. then I battled the giant robot. I lost again. I kept losing to the robot, and occasionally, to metal sonic. Eventually, I figured out how to jump over the robots arms. but it was not enough. I died again, and again, till 40 lives were lost. but one life yet remained. with that one life I crushed metal sonic. with that last life, I jumped over the robots arms. but I was distracted, and my distraction cost me. RIP Sonic.

Sonic the hedgehog 2
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18363 on: December 02, 2016, 05:23:34 pm »

As captain of spaceship Andromeda, I managed to beat up trio of PVC'd Tan Ru Decimators, the Urluquai Deep Hunters and even the giant armada of 11 Muktian spaceships of various size protecting their homeworld. Decked out in pricey fabled loot like Eye of Latha II or Black Monolith and murderous weaponry of all kinds (but only a mediocre engine) and with timer beeping up a reminder, I set course for home. In the middle of the way, I discovered a black hole, but the path would take me only at the edge, so I said 'eh I will be fine'.

I became stretched thin like spaghetti for my overconfidence.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18364 on: December 03, 2016, 05:20:17 pm »

Booted up the game for the first time in months, on my brother's team against 5 AIs.  Napoleon as an ally, but he predictably did jack squat the entire game.

Through the entire early game I kept bemoaning how badly I was doing.  And I was right.  I was out of practice, and somewhat impaired.  The enemy was pretty nice, though, barely bothering us until 30 minutes in.

It... went badly.  As my brahmin built a ramshackle town center next to my brother's base, he mentioned "oh hey I should probably hit age 5"
facepalmquit

Age of Empires 3

Edit:  The... the villager counts:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=811671971
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18365 on: December 03, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »

I started a new game, this time on hardest difficulty.  My first run was mostly less lethal "just dark enough", I love that term.  I killed guards when forced, and I damned, rather than kill, the helpless monsters I was sent to murder.  This time...  I planned to bronzeman, using only chapter autosaves.  In other words, I would readily kill to survive, instead of when things got tiresome as a player.

I went to talk with the Empress, but had to alt-tab out mid cutscene to answer Skype.
It... soft-hung.  The script broke.  I can do nothing but stare wistfully at my Empress and the Spymaster as they gaze over the water.

This is not the first bug, but in its defense, it has only hung right after I alt-tab.  Twice, now, and I alt-tab a *lot*.  And there's a quicksave key.

Dishonored 1
She/they

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18366 on: December 05, 2016, 08:50:21 pm »

Had the weirdest game ever. I had sixty million points by the time I fought Patchouli and hadn't died once. I even dodged Icicle Fall, which is something that I've never managed before. Thing is, I accomplished this by being tonked up on caffeine. Around Stage 5 was when my legs and hands started shaking uncontrollably. Dodging bullets is hard. Dodging bullets when the keyboard and your hands are vibrating is really hard. Plus I wasn't MarisaB for once and so Sakuya went from being a joke to being the hardest boss in the game. I lost five out of my six lives on Stage 5 and Remilia put me out of my misery fairly quickly afterwards. The worst part is that I still got a high score, comparable to some of my WINNING games.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18367 on: December 05, 2016, 09:15:19 pm »

Solution: constantly chug caffeine until you beat the game, then try not to die after.
Black lives matter.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18368 on: December 06, 2016, 07:04:49 am »

Decided to play some Civilization 5. Started out as Nebuchadnezzar, scientist extraordinaire. Pretty standard early game, found ruins, and actually got a spearman from some. I met the USA, and began trading, and eventually get a declaration of friendship. We were pretty much alone on a small continent, apart from Venice, who had settled a bit away. By this time, the continent that America and I were on was starting to get a bit cramped, and I'd gotten ocean navigation in the tech tree. What do I find, when I head to the east, you ask? Ghandi. That Ghandi. Civ Ghandi. This is why you don't pick Random Civ for the AI. Later on, I've essentially mapped the world. Apart from Ghandi, the other continent holds Greece, France, and the Aztec. Venice is still being useless, and America, funnily enough, seems to be going for Cultural victory. He's also created Hinduism as a religion, which has spread to most of my cities, apart from the one I founded on the GhandiContinent. Of course, I'm going for science victory. Later, the world council is a thing, and as I'm ahead on tech, I propose Science
funding. This passes, thanks to a couple of trade deals. Later on, I'm at WW1 tech level, and mostly everyone else is Civil War. I'm still dodging conflict, though keeping an eye on DoomGhandi. Venice is still useless, America is still puttering on with culture buildings, France has allied itself with... Ghandi. Huh. Anyway, further on, I do the Apollo Program, first step to tech victory. I fill up some gaps in Tech, and start building spaceship parts. I construct the boosters and engines. Getting closer...
America has won a Cultural Victory!
Ouch. Strategy games are the worst to lose.

Avanti!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18369 on: December 06, 2016, 03:20:43 pm »

And this is why you check the victory screen every so often once victory becomes possible
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18370 on: December 06, 2016, 05:12:49 pm »

RIP, Aizen Kunitoshi (愛染国俊) .  You were a pretty good tantou.  You certainly had a lot of spirit, which may be why I pressed on to the final boss despite you being in critical condition.  You probably should not have followed, but you did.

Though you did get a good crit on the boss before it killed you, and we did defeat it in your memory, unlocking a new area.  So...  Thanks!

Touken Ranbu - a weird game about sword guys, by the people who made that weird battleship women game
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:32:26 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18371 on: December 06, 2016, 06:25:16 pm »

That link of yours is bad. Either that or filthy gaijin computers aren't permitted to access it :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18372 on: December 06, 2016, 06:32:47 pm »

Oops yeah, my bad (I think?)  Fixed.
Aizen Kunitoshi (愛染国俊)
She/they

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18373 on: December 07, 2016, 02:48:07 am »

Crusade by the Papal States resulting in 4 different armies marching on England all at once. Obviously, I'd already been excommunicated. Couldn't get a bishop up fast enough :(

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18374 on: December 07, 2016, 02:56:06 am »

-snip-

reminds me of when i was trying to clear world 2 in kc and sunk rj

i finally beat the boss so i guess it was worth it, but it tore me up for weeks

and then i got a second rj and now she's stronger than my first one
Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 ... 1575