Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374983 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18315 on: November 19, 2016, 08:55:54 pm »

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I find the gaps in Chen's attacks to be a lot larger and easier to find.

I beat the tutorial, except for the Weapons Handling one because fuck that time trial at the end. I even got to defeat some real mechs. "This seems easy," I said. "I'll go far in this game."

Then a Kitfox blew my arm off and damaged the torso, destroying half the weapons on my mech. Then I wasn't even able to hit the HPG, a stationary target, from 300 meters. Then I couldn't hit some perfectly stationary turrets, even when I was standing right on top of them and the shots were clearly going right into them.

DOS simulation games, mang.

MechWarrior 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18316 on: November 21, 2016, 03:13:43 pm »

Driving my tank to a base that needed help. Didn't notice the really high cliff that I subsequently drove off of. As I was falling, I figured the tank would explode on impact, so I jumped out and hoped to survive the landing impact.

Spoiler: Result is a huge image (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18317 on: November 21, 2016, 06:44:14 pm »

In this mission, you have to protect a train as it carries some shit to some other place blah blah blow stuff up.

You get harassed by a total of seven gunships, which are surprisingly agile and have rather confusing hitboxes (you can't actually hit the propeller). So, you have to awkwardly walk backwards while firing up at the gunships, using the rear camera to keep an eye on the train.

Then, a Jenner skips down the mountain on jump jets. Jenners are pretty fast anyway, and this one is kitted with mostly laser weapons and can fly (again due to jump jets). The only time I've observed the train stopping is when it's getting shot at by the Jenner.

I nearly destroy my mech, because I kept firing my lasers and accumulating heat. This triggers the automatic shutdown, which I override in order to keep moving and shooting. This is very dangerous and I have to dump some ammo to prevent an explosion.

Then the train goes through a tunnel, and ends up getting exploded because there were two mechs waiting on the other side while I had to go around the mountain. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

MechWarrior 2.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18318 on: November 21, 2016, 06:59:39 pm »

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I find the gaps in Chen's attacks to be a lot larger and easier to find.

I beat the tutorial, except for the Weapons Handling one because fuck that time trial at the end. I even got to defeat some real mechs. "This seems easy," I said. "I'll go far in this game."

Then a Kitfox blew my arm off and damaged the torso, destroying half the weapons on my mech. Then I wasn't even able to hit the HPG, a stationary target, from 300 meters. Then I couldn't hit some perfectly stationary turrets, even when I was standing right on top of them and the shots were clearly going right into them.

DOS simulation games, mang.

MechWarrior 2.

I can't even finish the first tutorial mission in MW2:Mercs anymore.
I follow the good sergeant and do what he tells me, we get back to base and he tells me that we done well. I finish the mission, and it is failed because I didn't blow up something.
Next time I destroy the buildings at Nav Alpha. But I can't see anything at Beta, and anyway, according to the debrief I failed to destroy stuff at Alpha anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18319 on: November 22, 2016, 05:32:57 pm »

Eight straight friggin' battles. Outnumbered the enemy every time, and in the most recent by 6,000 men. Lost every one of them. It's not the commanders, because my worst one has 11 Martial and I've fought against 2 different guys. Not the terrain, because I've fought both guys in spots all over Danmark.

God damn it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18320 on: November 22, 2016, 05:39:02 pm »

Ummm....

Well, idk about you, but Ive found real difficulty with the heavy forested areas of Europe.

Part of it is the gi-fuggin-gantic morale bonus and the specializations of the barbarians in skirmish mode.  Some of it is the bonuses are compounded by things like straits and forests.  And part of it was the ai bonuses at higher difficulty levels.

OMFG with a Kot start morale is everything against other Kots and the ai gets enough morale bonus to count as 2 levels of metalforges.  Too much.  Gotta get that alliance.  Later on its okay because Hinfantry smash.

Acrtually my three favorite special units were Italian pikemen, Baltic Hinfantry, and Camels.  The camels are an upgraded hinfantry, the hinfantry makes me happy, but those pikemen completely erase the need for skirmishers.  Hinfantry pikeman spamming pls
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18321 on: November 23, 2016, 11:17:17 pm »

Fucking rain

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18322 on: November 25, 2016, 12:09:13 am »

I can forgive the unkillable-at-first archers, the Alonne Captains and their stupid katanas, the Ironclads in incredibly tight quarters, and the thin pathways with yet more archers, Dark Souls 2.

But I can't and I won't forgive you for a fucking iron chest mimic.
Black lives matter.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18323 on: November 25, 2016, 01:50:54 am »

I can forgive the unkillable-at-first archers, the Alonne Captains and their stupid katanas, the Ironclads in incredibly tight quarters, and the thin pathways with yet more archers, Dark Souls 2.

Hahahaa, another one bites the dust.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18324 on: November 25, 2016, 02:16:17 am »

Good ol' samurai knights, amirite?
Ahhh, good times being forced to master UGS timing, good times*.
Though I must say screw those homing arrows, I got hit around pillars more than once when trying to dodge them.
*I never actually did, I just killed them so many times through sheer stubborn willpower that they despawned, good thing I'm doing NG+ with the Covenant Of Champions, eh?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18325 on: November 25, 2016, 04:22:30 am »

well i thought granada might be a fun little challenge

but there is nothing fun about being at war with the entirety of iberia, england, AND france when your only ally is morocco

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18326 on: November 25, 2016, 09:03:52 am »

well i thought granada might be a fun little challenge

but there is nothing fun about being at war with the entirety of iberia, england, AND france when your only ally is morocco

Now try Socotra in CK2, specifically the start where they're Nestorian in a region that is either Muslim or Mono/Miaphysite.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: November 25, 2016, 01:24:51 pm »

I managed to take off 80% of High Lord Wolnir's health on my first time fighting him.

Then came the Wheel Skeleton.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #18328 on: November 25, 2016, 07:58:29 pm »

I had 8 health left. I was running to a Sewer entrance. I walked upon an orcish priest who immediately smited me before I could react. I died.

DC:SS, as a DsCK.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: November 26, 2016, 02:18:13 am »

My Blutooth headphones ran out of battery and powered themselves off. Skyrim did not know what to think about this and froze.

Seriously, why do most games I try to play hate these things? In Skyrim, FO3 and FONV, the stereo is reversed left-to-right, and all sorts of weird problems occur the longer I play with the headset. Touhou games will generally tolerate them, but CTD the instant they're disconnected.

TESV: Skyrim.
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 1575