Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374980 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18330 on: November 26, 2016, 08:48:49 am »

There was some game... Might have been Freelancer, a MS games studio game... That would silently fail to launch unless something was plugged into the mic input. IIRC, it was fine to unplug it after launch.

Actually it might have been one of the UFO series, but that would just be silly since they lacked multiplayer...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: November 26, 2016, 11:42:11 am »

One hit k.o from an eliminator. Repeatedly. Whenever I used a wakestone to revive, I of course started prone. The eliminator would promptly step on my head and begin the death swing again. Stop. Its hammer time. No arisen, you don't understand. I said STOP. ITS HAMMER TIME.

Dragons dogma; dark arisen, bitterblack isle.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: November 26, 2016, 03:39:35 pm »

Decided to try out this Battle Royal thing after the Professor A MYSTERIOUS PRO WRESTLER introduced them.

The very first tier of the Battle Royal involves teams of level 50 pokemon. My pokemon aren't even half that, but I had assumed that they'd be temporarily buffed up to match the AI teams.

BOY WAS I WRONG

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18333 on: November 26, 2016, 03:41:36 pm »

One Particle Vortex Cannon is hard to deal with.

6 Particle Vortex Cannons fired at you simultaneously by Tan Ru Decimators, frying up your shields/weapons/hull each second?

Instadeath.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: November 26, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »

A MYSTERIOUS PRO WRESTLER

Sounds like the best pokemon game yet. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: November 26, 2016, 04:42:12 pm »

A MYSTERIOUS PRO WRESTLER

Sounds like the best pokemon game yet. :P
One of the starters becomes a heel-wrestler :V
(as in a bad guy, not the body part)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18336 on: November 26, 2016, 05:05:55 pm »

Sirus, of all the people on Bay12, I am the one person you do not need to explain faces and heels, or any other wrestling terminology, to. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: November 26, 2016, 05:24:42 pm »

kinky
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18338 on: November 27, 2016, 01:38:00 pm »

Big guys with shields. Why. Just. Why. There is no way to easily break their guard if you're an agility character like me, and their parry is not only lightning-fast, it also one-shots me. Oh, and a lot of them are on tight corridors. Yay.

Lords of the Fallen.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: November 27, 2016, 07:23:29 pm »

Got killed repeatedly by a massive VS zerg trolling across the entire mapping just blowing everything up, with a mass of repair Sunderers to keep them healed almost instantly. Eventually burned out, but not before wiping out most of our HIVEs.

Ragequit following them starting the zerg again. And looking at the map, the VS and NC were not fighting each other - they were doubling up against us.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18340 on: November 27, 2016, 08:18:50 pm »

Veronica got knocked out and didn't get back up, since Vault 34 is crawling with ghouls and there is literally no place without enemies nearby. Rather than doing the sensible thing and going through a room transition to respawn her, I charged ahead to the overseer's office.

It's bad enough to be using a gamepad, but I'm also sitting a fair distance back from my laptop's 15-inch screen. I didn't see the overseer's turret until it had already chopped most of my health away, and then two of the tougher ghouls spawned behind me. I died.

Fallout: New Vegas.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18341 on: November 27, 2016, 10:29:57 pm »

Got swept by Ilima's smeargle, and I quote: "Why does it know water gun!?" -me, 2016

Pokemon Sun, Nuzlocke

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: November 27, 2016, 10:48:23 pm »

Got swept by Ilima's smeargle, and I quote: "Why does it know water gun!?" -me, 2016

Smeargle can learn literally every single move in the game except for Struggle and Chatter(it also cannot use Sketch to learn Sketch). It can learn Judgement, it can learn Dark Void, it can learn Light of Ruin, it can learn Hyperspace Fury*. It can have all four of those at the same time. It just has terrible stats.

*But not use, unless it also has Sketched Transform, and Transforms into Hoopa Unbound.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: November 27, 2016, 11:30:01 pm »

I noticed that the frames Dwemer Centurions stand in have a lever on the side. Hmm, an option for stealth characters? I certainly didn't want to play ring-around-the-rosie, plinking it with steel arrows for twenty minutes until it collapses because I didn't get any archery perks until a few levels ago.

So, I finally sneak up to the frame without activating the Centurion, pull the lever... and it activates the Centurion anyway. Totally pointless.

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18344 on: November 28, 2016, 01:35:49 am »

Smeargle can learn literally every single move in the game except for Struggle and Chatter(it also cannot use Sketch to learn Sketch). It can learn Judgement, it can learn Dark Void, it can learn Light of Ruin, it can learn Hyperspace Fury*. It can have all four of those at the same time. It just has terrible stats.

*But not use, unless it also has Sketched Transform, and Transforms into Hoopa Unbound.
Aye, but a fun fact since I expect that the confusion was about this Smeargle in particular rather than all Smeargle in general:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:40:12 am by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 1575