Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374788 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18255 on: November 05, 2016, 11:31:59 am »

The devs stopped working on the game a while ago.
Yeah, that's what I heard.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: November 05, 2016, 05:01:49 pm »

Reduced to foaming-at-the-mouth rage when my Prowler tank was destroyed by a teleporting Engineer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: November 06, 2016, 03:11:39 am »

I tried to kill Madanach, because I DON'T WANT TO HELP THE FORSWORN FUCK MARKARTH BOTH SIDES IN THIS CONFLICT ARE STUPID AAAAAA

I tried to kill Madanach, which seemed like a safe bet because he was the only NPC around. However, attacking him summoned the other Forsworn back from the other cell, which I didn't even think was possible. They all started summoning atronachs and zombies and I died very quickly.

Skyrim.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:13:21 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: November 06, 2016, 05:08:43 am »

I tried to kill Madanach, because I DON'T WANT TO HELP THE FORSWORN FUCK MARKARTH BOTH SIDES IN THIS CONFLICT ARE STUPID AAAAAA

I tried to kill Madanach, which seemed like a safe bet because he was the only NPC around. However, attacking him summoned the other Forsworn back from the other cell, which I didn't even think was possible. They all started summoning atronachs and zombies and I died very quickly.

Skyrim.

Escape with him, then kill him after he gives you your armor back, or hit him and the forsworn during the escape chaos in Markarth, or even travel to where he ends up and kill him there.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: November 06, 2016, 04:22:02 pm »

I cannot more highly recommend a course of action than doing the following:

1 ) side with Mandach during the escape, so you can kill the hell out of Silverblood.

2 ) go to Mandach's location afterwards, summon Durnehviir, go to town on the miserable terrorist scum.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: November 06, 2016, 05:51:51 pm »

>possibly obvious native american substitute
>terrorist
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: November 06, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »

they murder people in the street though
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

subi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: November 06, 2016, 06:22:38 pm »

I don't know.. My monitor loose screen.. :(

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: November 06, 2016, 07:25:00 pm »

they murder people in the street though

Murder people at the behest of a corrupt business person no less.  And let us not forget that the native Americans perpetrated plenty of atrocities of their own, often without any provocation.  No one is clean in that period of history, not even the victims.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: November 06, 2016, 07:43:52 pm »

>terrorist

They started an armed rising after generations and generations of Nord rule, long after whatever government the Reachmen had had passed out of living memory. I haven't found any clear in-game source, but UESP says "centuries". To me that suggests a much longer period of time than America's been around, more on the scale of Romans trying to claim modern-day countries that used to be the Empire's colonies and territory.

Anyways, the Forsworn started an armed insurgency long after most of them have probably become genetically Nord themselves. Then they get boo-hooey and act like they're the victim for losing the war that they started.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:46:47 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: November 06, 2016, 07:54:21 pm »

I got a lead that... things... had dragged some poor souls into a local mansion.  My character monologued that the victims would all be dead by now, but the cult might have information on the Invader.

I found a survivor, but panicked and shot him by mistake.  My character literally went insane.  I managed to barely hold it together through two more towns, then slipped up and... actually wth, wasn't I out of bullets?  I guess my character kept one in reserve.

In another attempt, I did much better.  Got to Stonehenge with the complete banishment ritual and lots of clues about the Invader.  However, I apparently misinterpreted them...  I banished its enemy by mistake.  It mistook me for a cultist, but my character declined to worship the god of pain.

... Not sure when the last time my character died to any of the monsters *directly* was, though they do fray the mind quite a bit.  If my character didn't have a gun he'd be nigh invincible.

The Consuming Shadow
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: November 07, 2016, 12:53:42 am »

>terrorist

Yeah, a race of Bretons? Loosely based on ancient Celts?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: November 08, 2016, 07:10:22 pm »

Motaro used Button Reading!
Motaro's speed increased dramatically!
Motaro used Throw!
It's ultra fucking effective!
IronTomato fainted.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy, trying to fight Motaro

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: November 08, 2016, 07:30:05 pm »

That's what you get for being a Normal type in a Fighting game...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: November 09, 2016, 10:13:40 pm »

Getting back into Touhou after a long break, I tried to take on Scarlet Devil.

After a few false starts, I manage to make it past Cirno without dying. Then, I die to Hong Meirin only once. "Hey, maybe I can actually get to stage 5 this time!"

And then I end up using all of my continues on Patchouli's stage. I actually did make it to Patchouli herself and put up a pretty good fight, but one of her spell cards got my last life. I probably could have gotten it, but I needed one or two more tries and I was pretty frazzled from losing all my continues.

TH06: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1575