Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1215 1216 [1217] 1218 1219 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374678 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18240 on: November 01, 2016, 09:13:15 pm »

I built up a pretty nice raft, was up to metal tier and considering building basic firearms... I even found an masterwork longneck rifle blueprint and had a level ~150 ptera tamed. Just planned out a spot for a new ground base and was going to start building today and....

server wipe.

Ark: survival evolved.

It's so frustrating - the choice is basically play official and deal with incredibly unreasonable tame times, oppressive "alpha" tribes, and pay2win DLC dinos transferring in and destroying all the things with no possibility of retaliation, or play unofficial and deal with power-crazy admins and servers that vanish or wipe with no warning, taking all your progress with them.

Alternately I suppose you could rent your own server and it can become part of the ~80% of unofficial servers with no players on them ever.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18241 on: November 02, 2016, 12:28:21 am »

The Mako took a massive beating, so I hit the repair key. The part I forgot was that the Mako can't move while it's being repaired, so the engine stopped while we were still taking hits from Armatures and rocket douchebags. Every bit of health was taken away as soon as it got healed, and we eventually blew up half a second away from being able to move.

Mass Effect
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18242 on: November 02, 2016, 02:22:58 pm »

I believe I said once that my team, while awesome, is ill-suited for battling Team Magma.

Well. This goes triple for Primal Groudon. It's way more powerful than even Maxie's mega-evolved pokemon, especially since its ability blocks any and all water moves. Completely. Guess what I was relying on to take Team Magma down?

I've battled it three times now. Twice it swept my team, the third time I accidentally knocked it out and forced a reset. I could always just toss the Master Ball at it I guess, but what would the challenge in that be?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18243 on: November 03, 2016, 12:28:53 am »

24-man free-for-all in some tiny map. I haven't learned their names yet, but this one was some sort of courtyard with water below and stone walkways, with a circular path all the way around.

I had gotten some kills by standing just outside the larger clusterfucks and charging in with big slashes wherever there was an opening. However, a pink man-at-arms with a mace was having none of that shit. They just went in a circle, destroying every knight they came across with quick mace blows and perfect parries. I made it my mission to beat this man-at-arms named I Am Lesbian. And then I died several times in quick succession, wrecking my KDR for that match.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18244 on: November 03, 2016, 06:19:44 am »

24-man free-for-all in some tiny map. I haven't learned their names yet, but this one was some sort of courtyard with water below and stone walkways, with a circular path all the way around.

I had gotten some kills by standing just outside the larger clusterfucks and charging in with big slashes wherever there was an opening. However, a pink man-at-arms with a mace was having none of that shit. They just went in a circle, destroying every knight they came across with quick mace blows and perfect parries. I made it my mission to beat this man-at-arms named I Am Lesbian. And then I died several times in quick succession, wrecking my KDR for that match.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

By the power of estrogen, i banish you from the leaderboard!

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18245 on: November 03, 2016, 07:57:17 pm »

I think Mom must have been watching Netflix while I was trying to play. My ping went from 60-90 to 200, and suddenly every attack that I should have blocked was killing me full seconds after the fact.

Not to mention the fact that some vanguards on the enemy team actually knew how to play and covered our entire side with firepots and smoke bombs.

Chivalry.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18246 on: November 04, 2016, 02:30:05 pm »

Made a character with the goal of making her as close as possible to my Elder scrolls online character.

I died to a rat during the tutorial because I couldn't figure out how to fire my bow. (turns out the fire button is hardcoded to Mouse2, and I bound switch weapon on to that instead.)

TES II: Daggerfall
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18247 on: November 04, 2016, 08:26:18 pm »

Ragequit. Following a duel between my M10 Wolverine Tank Destroyer and the enemy Sturmpanzer(their Tank Destroyer). The Sturmpanzer had been nearly crippled, and retreated into their base - itself under heavy mortar bombardment. I flanked my Wolverine to catch it on the side, but the dumbass crew decided to turn the turret to the side to shoot at some cowering soldiers. Even so, it shot up the Sturmpanzer to a tiny sliver of health left. Then it hit it again, and the Sturmpanzer began moving off, looking like it was in the "Out of Control" state which is guaranteed death. I move the Wolverine away to deal with an MG crew that was ghostcapping(and had just killed my jeep). As I'm getting a 105mm howitzer built(the jeep's death gave me pop-cap to build it), and sending a Sherman up the right flank to hit their base, a rifle squad I had on the left flank got torn up by... the Sturmpanzer. It wasn't dead.

I get my Wolverine back into the fray before the Sturm attacked my now-exposed mortar teams. It shoots, and destroys the main gun. Some Pioneers show up to repair, but get scattered by the Wolverine's gun and mortar fire. It keeps firing, seemingly not doing much damage per shot, while itself is about 50%, each hit doing 10%-20%. Then the Sturmpanzer fires, despite not having a lot of repair time(in my experience, critical damage requires a full repair to fix), and it's gun looks visibly damaged. It instantly destroys the Wolverine from 50%.

I tried to build a new one, except they ghostcapped my territory during the duel, knocking out my pop-cap, so I could not build a new one. They, on the other hand, built another Sturmpanzer right in front of my Sherman. That went as well as it was expected to.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18248 on: November 05, 2016, 03:47:41 am »

Walked into a devil deal with two red fireplaces and Brimstone + The Mark surrounded by spikes. Bought Brimstone with my red hearts and The Mark with my last remaining spirit heart. Got shot and killed by one of the fireplaces before The Mark took effect.

Immediately realized that I could've taken both of them with just my red hearts if I had taken The Mark first.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18249 on: November 05, 2016, 04:42:26 am »

I died to a Dwemer centurion. I tried using console commands to resurrect myself, which almost worked; I couldn't attack and I had no camera control. Saving and reloading didn't fix the problem either.

When I reloaded a save from before that whole debacle even occurred, the game seemed to think I was in some sort of half-dead state; I could move and look as normal, but couldn't equip any weapons or attack. I didn't realize this until I was back at the centurion.

Skyrim.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18250 on: November 05, 2016, 04:58:17 am »

Pressed the wrong key making lasagna, messing up the last order of the day.

Sigh. Restart the day it is.

Cook, Serve, Delicious!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18251 on: November 05, 2016, 05:39:19 am »

Spawned in what appears to have been a hostile land. Having absolutely no clue what to do, I see what looks like a village, and walk to it, only to be attacked by spectral knights. I run from that, only to be attacked by a hostile guard. I run from that, only to be finished off by a young boar.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18252 on: November 05, 2016, 06:37:05 am »

So I was playing Risk of Rain with Comrade P., and we were kicking significant amounts of monster ass
But then I picked up the spikestrips
Spikestrips are bugged - every time they're dropped, my game crashes
And then I picked them up again
and again
Crap. I mean, I can't play my game while constantly being on the lookout for this one bugged item. I'll write to support or something. I paid for this game dammit.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MauritianStruggle

• Escaped Lunatic
  • An old guard returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18253 on: November 05, 2016, 06:46:37 am »

My Israeli Infantry and ATGMs got flanked and their AA support was destroyed by SEAD. Then, smoke. What was coming through the smoke? Spetznaz and Morskaya Pehota!

They lasted around a minute

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18254 on: November 05, 2016, 11:13:23 am »

So I was playing Risk of Rain with Comrade P., and we were kicking significant amounts of monster ass
But then I picked up the spikestrips
Spikestrips are bugged - every time they're dropped, my game crashes
And then I picked them up again
and again
Crap. I mean, I can't play my game while constantly being on the lookout for this one bugged item. I'll write to support or something. I paid for this game dammit.
They didn't do that for me.

Hyperthreader is DEFINITELY bugged though, memory leak.

I'm not sure the dev is paying attention...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:17:41 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1215 1216 [1217] 1218 1219 ... 1575