Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373253 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17655 on: July 16, 2016, 08:08:28 pm »

I've responding to things with just images a lot lately, I should probably stop.

It was basically just saying "You can change the amount of storage you have available!"
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17656 on: July 16, 2016, 08:52:57 pm »

The physics are different, the controls are different, the graphics are different, the moves are different, the screen is tiny and my hands are giant. I didn't stand a chance against a level 9 CPU player.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS. I only downloaded the demo though.
The demo sucks, in all honesty. No real training mode, the battles (and game startups!!) are limited, the only way to turn off items is with Omega mode, and there's only five characters or so.

Get the full game ASAP, if you're so inclined.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17657 on: July 16, 2016, 08:56:42 pm »

Somehow, the Great Maccao was an even bigger pushover than in the demo.

This would be an own if I didn't keep killing it before I could break it's head to get the last thing I need for it's armor set.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17658 on: July 16, 2016, 08:58:15 pm »

The physics are different, the controls are different, the graphics are different, the moves are different, the screen is tiny and my hands are giant. I didn't stand a chance against a level 9 CPU player.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS. I only downloaded the demo though.
The demo sucks, in all honesty. No real training mode, the battles (and game startups!!) are limited, the only way to turn off items is with Omega mode, and there's only five characters or so.

Get the full game ASAP, if you're so inclined.

I was playing the demo to determine if I was so inclined. :P

The Snake Eater 3D demo actually convinced me not to buy Snake Eater 3D, because the framerate looked pretty choppy for a game on a handheld with known specifications.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17659 on: July 16, 2016, 09:02:32 pm »

My Italian fascists supported a coup in Sweden- somehow, even though this prompted the fascist rebels to join the Axis and the Swedes to join the Allies, I somehow wound up allied to Sweden and at war with my fellow fascists.

This bug (I assume it's a bug and not some bizarre mechanic I'm unaware of) wouldn't be gamebreaking on its own, except it also tanked my FPS. Well, I think it did- maybe the USA finally started doing things in response to a simultaneous fascist revolt in Brazil that I couldn't see, but either way things were going too slow for me to idle for 2 more years of stalemate between the Axis and the Allies, especially since my military is weak and flaccid from a full year and a half of war against the Soviets with 0 manpower for reinforcements.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17660 on: July 16, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »

I was fighting a Yian Kut-Ku (I think that's the name), because pride would not allow me to just submit a scale that I found on the ground and call it a day.

Boy, was I not ready. My weapon seems to bounce off of it half the time, even at full Sharpness, and I have no counter to the fact that it shoots fireballs.

My Palico was pinned down, bravely buying time for me to chug a Mega Potion before I returned to the attack. The Kut-Ku, apparently sensing my desperation, turned and casually spat a fireball. I was stunned and the last of my health burned away while I was helpless.

MH4U. I'm gonna have to get Generations next paycheck, because I want to do this multiplayer.

Also, do monsters have spots that are more heavily armored? On certain large monsters, attacking them from certain angles always seems to bounce off unless I use the heavy overhead swing.
Yeah, like Tawa said, the hardness of certain parts is higher. Having a good enough sharpness will allow you to pierce it, but you already knew that. For the Kut-Ku, try aiming for the head or I think the belly.

You sound like you could benefit from using a Sword and Shield. It'll make it easy to counter the fireballs since you're both more mobile and can simply block them if you want, it'll be easier to use the potions since you don't have to sheath, its smaller size makes it easier to hit softer areas to avoid your attacks bouncing. It's a really good weapon in a lot of areas in general, and it's easier to learn than most due to its simplicity.

Also, I'm sorry about talking about weapons so much, but if you haven't yet, in the one-star caravan quests there should be a bunch of quests marked "Training" where you can learn the techniques of the weapons and practice on a Great Jaggi. Even if you keep using the longsword, there are still techniques that you might not know about, like the spirit combo and fade slash, with the former being a crucial part of using the longsword since it basically makes you more powerful the more you attack and is impossible to deflect, which you seem to have already noticed. That's aside from it being a very powerful combo in general.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17661 on: July 17, 2016, 01:13:02 pm »

Spent a few days building a massive atmospheric bomber. Spent several hours replacing most of the hull since I cast the entire thing in heavy armor. Finally get it so that I have enough thrusters to give it a passing resemblance of flight. I try out a bombing run.

Aside from the fact that the bombsight is just a camera on the bottom and needs to be moved up very far probably past the cockpit, the bombing run didn't go so well. About a third of the bombs dropped from the bottom of the craft. The rest exploded in the bomb bay.

Technically, it flew a lot better after the explosion, since most of the thrusters were still intact. The bombs that did drop(as well as the debris) landed a kilometer or so off target.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17662 on: July 17, 2016, 03:35:39 pm »

Cyberdemon round 2. Damn this bastard is hard.

DOOM (2016)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17663 on: July 17, 2016, 10:16:38 pm »

Got to Yuyuko, managed to lose a record low of three lives to Stage 4. Had a decent showing against her, although I kind of overused bombs. Then I get her to dead... And she promply Resurrection Butterfly's me. I try to ration out my remaining four bombs to parry her deadliest dakka waves. I fail. I die with ONE SECOND remaining on her spell card time. I die ONE SECOND away from winning the game.

sometimes

sometimes i feel sad

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17664 on: July 18, 2016, 01:30:42 am »

Tried to take on a bronze colossus in a fist fight.  Didn't work out too well.

DF
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17665 on: July 19, 2016, 12:51:24 am »

Spoiler: MFW (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 03:01:04 am by Blaze »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17666 on: July 19, 2016, 02:38:45 am »

Spent a few days building a massive atmospheric bomber. -snip-

Oh can you still build the "bombers" that just drop stone material down like a silly-mini-meteroid shower? I used to love these and artifical gravity cannons.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17667 on: July 19, 2016, 02:50:25 am »

I don't think there's been a weapon in a videogame that I dislike as much as the Bowgun.

Without the Circle Pad Pro (which I don't plan to buy for any game I can imagine existing or coming out), it seems there's two options for the bowgun user:

1) Stand around and slooooowly aim at a fast-moving monster that is trying to tear you to pieces
2) Take your hand off the action buttons to use the quick-aim feature by poking at the weird unresponsive touchscreen camera controls

I also hate that shooting without any ammo doesn't trigger a reload, even a delayed one.

MH4U. I really like the Gunlance though, I'm going to have to forge one and give it a try on a real mission.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:52:33 am by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17668 on: July 19, 2016, 02:51:40 am »

Cyberdemon round 2. Damn this bastard is hard.
I find that the Gauss Cannon's Siege mode stuns him pretty reliably. Should knock him out of some of the trickier attack patterns.

I don't think there's been a weapon in a videogame that I dislike as much as the Bowgun.
Light or Heavy? If you really need evade distance armor skill if you're using a heavy. Light only really shines if you're rapid-firing status effects or nailing those crits.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:55:49 am by Blaze »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17669 on: July 19, 2016, 03:13:07 am »

I tried the light one, and used several of the ammo types I was given to try out in the training mission. I wasn't very impressed. It seems like a weapon that would really shine in multiplayer, but it's not for me.
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 1575