Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370596 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16800 on: April 02, 2016, 01:23:19 pm »

FUCKING DEATH METAL AND HIS DUMB ASS SONG THAT I CANT SYNC WITH IF I DONT LET IT RUN FOR TEN SECONDS

necrodancer
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16801 on: April 02, 2016, 04:37:15 pm »

I finally got Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil to work.

I used to think Mountain of Faith was impossible. No, MoF is just an insane masochistic challenge- Scarlet Devil is the impossible one.

The third stage boss is impossible, I'm fairly sure. She shoots out a ring of bullets, and a second, faster ring of bullets that closes the gaps in the first one. By the time I even comprehend what's happening, I've lost my one life (all four of the other ones were taken by Cirno by this stage).

TH6: Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil.

I guess I should get Mountain of Faith is I want a casually easy Touhou game, then.

A few tips: your hitbox is much smaller than you think it is. In fact, you get a score bonus if your character gets a near-hit, if I recall. Secondly, hold Shift to slow down and concentrate your attack forward. This is more useful for Marisa(who moves faster and her attack doesn't quite go center without it) but is less useful for Reimu's Homing Amulet(which doesn't need to aim). As far as I know, Meiling never moves during any of her spellcards(except possibly in between waves), so park with her in range as close as you dare and concentrate on dodging within that area.

It'll get easier the more you practice. And when you beat Normal difficulty or higher without using any continues, you {get to fight Flandre}. Have fun with that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16802 on: April 02, 2016, 05:00:54 pm »

Nah. Mountain of Faith is doable. It's not easy in any way, shape or form :P

If you want an easy Touhou game (out of the three I've played so far in as many days), play Lotus Land Story. I was able to beat it pretty handily once I allowed myself to use a continue. The music is pretty rockin, and the sprite graphics are really nice. There's a battle with Marisa (I think? Couldn't tell, the text was garbled and everybody's off-model) and it is probably the coolest-looking boss fight I've ever faced in a shmup.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16803 on: April 02, 2016, 09:13:54 pm »

My boss sent me, at level 8, to kill some guy who lives in a confusing tower with vampire ancient bodyguards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16804 on: April 02, 2016, 10:12:19 pm »

A giant chicken breathed on my group and they all died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16805 on: April 02, 2016, 10:16:02 pm »

A dwarven necromancer and his entourage of elven corpses arrived, with me possessing a bridge for defense but no lever to close it. I burrow the dwarves in and set them to build a wall, which they do, and then they start getting thirsty since I hadn't set up a well indoors, nor did I have anything to brew.
The necromancer proceeded to fuck off into the ether (literally, he wasn't on the unit screen. His corpses were.) while the corpses milled about a safe distance away from the fort, so I let everyone out to drink.
They were not a safe distance away. Two dogs and my one miner were swiftly executed, with the rest soon to follow.

DF
Black lives matter.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16806 on: April 02, 2016, 10:57:37 pm »

Do not attempt to attack Giant Sheep post-apocalyptic Australia(???).

EO IV
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16807 on: April 03, 2016, 09:02:29 am »

A dwarven necromancer and his entourage of elven corpses arrived, with me possessing a bridge for defense but no lever to close it. I burrow the dwarves in and set them to build a wall, which they do, and then they start getting thirsty since I hadn't set up a well indoors, nor did I have anything to brew.
The necromancer proceeded to fuck off into the ether (literally, he wasn't on the unit screen. His corpses were.) while the corpses milled about a safe distance away from the fort, so I let everyone out to drink.
They were not a safe distance away. Two dogs and my one miner were swiftly executed, with the rest soon to follow.

DF

necros can hide from you on occassion, and can buggeroff and leave a sieging force behind while they go get more or drink tea or whatever
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16808 on: April 03, 2016, 10:02:35 am »

Nah. Mountain of Faith is doable. It's not easy in any way, shape or form :P

If you want an easy Touhou game (out of the three I've played so far in as many days), play Lotus Land Story. I was able to beat it pretty handily once I allowed myself to use a continue. The music is pretty rockin, and the sprite graphics are really nice. There's a battle with Marisa (I think? Couldn't tell, the text was garbled and everybody's off-model) and it is probably the coolest-looking boss fight I've ever faced in a shmup.

Tohou 8 Eternal Night isn't that hard (if you play on easy, and even then it will still kick your ass in the later levels), and it's very easy to acquire a high quality English version (no garbled text and off-model stuff). Of course, the real reason why I mentioned this game was because of the Marissa boss-fight. You say the Lotus Land Story Marissa fight is cool (note. I have never seen the Lotus Land story Marissa fight), then you should check out the eternal night Marissa fight. In her second-last phase, she fires giant shoop-da-whoop lasers that cover most of the screen. How can anything possibly top that?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16809 on: April 03, 2016, 10:27:31 am »

LLS is one of the PC-98 ones, before they codified everything, so everything looks a tiny bit different from later games. Also I couldn't be asked to download a Japanese font or English patch for it, hence garbled text.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16810 on: April 03, 2016, 05:54:50 pm »

Finally beat the Necrodancer!  Unlocked Melody.
Then, beat the Necrodancer again, much easier!  Unlocked Aria
fuck

Crypt of the Necrodancer
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16811 on: April 03, 2016, 07:42:25 pm »

Finally beat the Necrodancer!  Unlocked Melody.
Then, beat the Necrodancer again, much easier!  Unlocked Aria
fuck

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Melody was easier.
Aria is balls to the walls insane.

Fuck.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16812 on: April 03, 2016, 08:19:33 pm »

for all the time ive put into the game ive never beaten the all areas mode with aria.

gotten to the lute once or twice, but a couple of things still get me.

like ice
and death metals beat
and me getting cute and fancy

aria has made me much better at the game.  i dont even like picking up weapons now :v because their timings are different

anyway I didnt know green bats could spawn for aria.  stupid bat
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16813 on: April 03, 2016, 08:42:08 pm »

I'm so used to having *some* weapon, particularly thanks to the diamond trader.  I'm happy with just an iron broadsword even.  Ideally a spear, or even bow.

It's especially painful after running the stages with Melody.  Not only is she powerful, but she's basically the *opposite* of dagger-only!  Moving into enemies doesn't even work.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16814 on: April 04, 2016, 01:33:56 am »

Cirno's first pattern is weirdly difficult. The bullets are just an expanding diamod-ish shape aimed wherever I am when it's fired, it might be something that even a regular enemy would shoot.

I have no idea why I keep getting hit by it. Theoretically, I could dodge through the center of it. Or, since it tracks to me, I could set it off at one side and then just move to the other. Or literally just keep moving. But every single time, I get hit by it. It baffles me. Maybe it's faster than I think?

TH6: Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil.
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 1575