Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370445 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16815 on: April 04, 2016, 06:28:09 am »

Is that her opening shotgun attack? Dodge to the side, but don't go so far to the side that you can't dodge the second half of the pattern. When that half happens, try pushing closer since it's harder to dodge it while backing off.

EDIT: Not a death, since I gave up before the death that was guaranteed already.

Saw a Hero named Jack Blade with a $50,000,000 bounty nearby after docking with a planet. I figured I'd take a shot since mining runs only give me ~$10,000 a shot and freelance missions even less(before salvage sales, after is a little more). The target was level 70 in a cruiser, while I'm in the starting gunship at level 3.

Fired four missiles(of eight) and depleted my Volcano(a step up from the starter) railgun's energy a few times. His shields were 99% all over.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 01:58:32 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16816 on: April 04, 2016, 09:14:24 pm »

Is that her opening shotgun attack? Dodge to the side, but don't go so far to the side that you can't dodge the second half of the pattern. When that half happens, try pushing closer since it's harder to dodge it while backing off.

EDIT: Not a death, since I gave up before the death that was guaranteed already.

Saw a Hero named Jack Blade with a $50,000,000 bounty nearby after docking with a planet. I figured I'd take a shot since mining runs only give me ~$10,000 a shot and freelance missions even less(before salvage sales, after is a little more). The target was level 70 in a cruiser, while I'm in the starting gunship at level 3.

Fired four missiles(of eight) and depleted my Volcano(a step up from the starter) railgun's energy a few times. His shields were 99% all over.

Yeah the Heroes are really powerful, I haven't even tried at level fifteen to go for the level 20 hero, instead I keep getting surprise dogpiled by groups of pirates (usually four or more at once), I can generally handle 2-3 around my level, but once you get to four and beyond you just need a heavier ship.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16817 on: April 04, 2016, 10:05:10 pm »

Got hit by an eggplant. Died within twenty seconds.

Space Station 13
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16818 on: April 04, 2016, 10:11:06 pm »

I'm sorry but that's really funny.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:40:05 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16819 on: April 05, 2016, 02:28:14 am »

I'm sorry but that's really funny.
Just one mine. Oh...oh goodness. I feel your pain. .___.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16820 on: April 05, 2016, 12:42:49 pm »

I got shovel-knighted by a goblin sapper

Necrodancer.

^^^ to the minesweeper.  That pretty good.  Too bad you missed that bottom right
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16821 on: April 05, 2016, 05:06:23 pm »

Why do I keep doing this to myself? Nearly jump out of my own skin when the bomb goes off.

Related.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16822 on: April 05, 2016, 08:59:55 pm »

Blew up a cyberdemon after dodging a rocket. Backtracked into the cyberdemon's rocket hitting a wall behind me. I basically walked into an explosion and died.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:37:59 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16823 on: April 05, 2016, 09:51:23 pm »

Sometimes, if the stars align perfectly and I'm on top of my game, I can get enough points for an extra life before I reach Cirno. However, that requires absolutely maximizing the amount of points that I get at every opportunity.

I've discovered that you can get several hundred grazes from Rumia, the stage 1 boss, if you're ballsy and careful. She shoots huge gobs of bullets, either in straight lines or tight clumps, which makes it very easy to get a ton of grazes all at once. Grazes get you bonus points, which means a one-up if I play my cards right.

However, this only works if you're paying attention, and not half-asleep horizontal on the couch while playing. I was all of those things except the one that's good.

Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16824 on: April 06, 2016, 12:14:15 pm »

I lived as a werewolf for several months due to the incident I talked about on here already. My strength, endurance, speed and agility were all maxed out. I could move like the wind, kill anything without even trying and increase my skills faster than ass. I was unstoppable, but there were people who knew my secret and hated me. I had people who would come after me in my sleep and try to kill me. I decided enough was enough after I got yet another letter offering me a cure and threatening to kill me if I didn't accept. The cure was to trick a carrier of lycanthropy into drinking my blood so my curse would be violently transferred to them. I did this, and I became fully human again. My stats were lowered to what they were before I was infected, but the skills and things that I had achieved during that time had remained.

On the other hand, after I was cured, the law of Daggerfall seemed to suddenly become aware of the numerous murders which I had perpetrated as a werewolf, and I was banished from Midbury, which was the town I would always go to in order to get missions and sell stuff. I also worked for the Knights of the Dragon there in hopes of earning my own house. It was basically my home town. Additionally, my reputation in Daggerfall had been completely tarnished. I could have continued staying there, but I didn't want to. I was insulted at being banished from my own hometown because I had been forced to satisfy the lycanthropy that I never even wanted in the first place. Now that it was completely gone, they finally hated me for it. I withdrew my entire savings from the Bank of Daggerfall, and decided to go to the other side of the bay, the region of Sentinel, to be closer to the Order of Arkay and be somewhere where my legal reputation was still good.

And then I tried starting a secondary character, a thief, and accidentally saved it over this one. Just when my character's life was getting exciting, I accidentally ended it. Goodbye, Butt Ass. You will be missed. *salute* ;-;7

Daggerfall

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16825 on: April 06, 2016, 12:20:27 pm »

muda muda muda
Space Station 13

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16826 on: April 06, 2016, 02:53:57 pm »

And then I tried starting a secondary character, a thief, and accidentally saved it over this one. Just when my character's life was getting exciting, I accidentally ended it. Goodbye, Butt Ass. You will be missed. *salute* ;-;7
I know that feel :c

Butt Ass, you were a true hero of Daggerfall and future generations can only hope to excuse the gloom as well as you
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16827 on: April 06, 2016, 07:37:31 pm »

Sometimes, if the stars align perfectly and I'm on top of my game, I can get enough points for an extra life before I reach Cirno. However, that requires absolutely maximizing the amount of points that I get at every opportunity.

I've discovered that you can get several hundred grazes from Rumia, the stage 1 boss, if you're ballsy and careful. She shoots huge gobs of bullets, either in straight lines or tight clumps, which makes it very easy to get a ton of grazes all at once. Grazes get you bonus points, which means a one-up if I play my cards right.

However, this only works if you're paying attention, and not half-asleep horizontal on the couch while playing. I was all of those things except the one that's good.

Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil.

I think I remember being able to get an extra life before Cirno reliably. I was playing on normal so things may or may not have been different. Probably through ballsy use of the Pickup Line Point of Collection to get point items at double their normal value.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16828 on: April 06, 2016, 09:00:51 pm »

I tried Second Life because I was genuinely curious.

I somehow fucked up my outfit so that my body was invisible and I was wearing two pairs of pants on top of eachother, while my legs were poking through.

Turns out that alpha masks are a separate item in and of themselves. I didn't figure this out for fifteen or so minutes.

Second Life.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16829 on: April 06, 2016, 09:08:33 pm »

What game?
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1575