Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369798 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16350 on: January 31, 2016, 12:08:56 pm »

Four of my best men and women were killed in the Darkest Dungeon.

The Wizened Hag stuffed them in a pot one by one until they were at Death's Door, then smashed them to death to finish them off.

A setback, but not the end of things.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:27:17 pm by AzyWng »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16351 on: January 31, 2016, 03:26:25 pm »

I gene-tweaked my galaxy-spanning empire to be cybernetic (doesn't reject implants) so they could repair ships mid-combat.
Trillions starved to death.  My few freighters desperately tried to feed the homeworlds from the farms of captured xenos.

I forgot that "cybernetic" and "lithovore" are mutually exclusive, and the game happily negated that 10-pt perk in favor of a 4-pt one.  Lithovore lets your people eat rocks (IE, for free) which is really nice when many of your planets are radioactive wastelands.

Master of Orion 2
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #16352 on: January 31, 2016, 03:58:14 pm »

I loaded up my recently modded minecraft. The single player is slow to start, but as soon as it does, the game pulls some "catching up" bullshit where, in under 2 seconds, a skeleton spawns, moves over to my general location, and shoots me 73 times.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16353 on: January 31, 2016, 05:25:58 pm »

...WTF?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16354 on: January 31, 2016, 07:38:47 pm »

I got an extremely cute looking monster called a Suzurin from my Spyro: Year of the Dragon disk, so I decided it'd be my first. Raising it was hard at first, but eventually it became pretty easy to raise its stats. I managed to get it up to modest fighting capability, and entered it in a tournament. I figured it'd do pretty good. I was so fucking wrong.

The Suzurin have okay accuracy, but only for extremely weak moves. Even though my monster had an attack power which put its opponents to shame, it still did a pathetic amount of damage when attacking pretty much anything. I've lost so many battles where I would land a stupid number of attacks on the enemy monster, and then just before the timer ran out they'd hit me with ONE solid attack which would do more damage to my monster than all of my hits to them combined. Since my health would end up lower than theirs, I would lose. I'm just going to keep raising Ballsy the Suzurin as best as I can so that I can combine its monster heart with a species other than Suzurin and hope the result is a monster that can actually fight.

Monster Rancher 3. RIP in Peace Ballsy, you were the best genetic material ever.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16355 on: January 31, 2016, 08:57:45 pm »

I looked that monster up to see what it looked like, and I came across the Monster Rancher wikia page that stated that's exactly the problem with Suzurin, poor accuracy for anything but weak attacks. Apparently it got buffed in MR4. It is adorable, though.

You would think that a Spyro game disk would yield a dragon-like monster, wouldn't it?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16356 on: January 31, 2016, 10:40:02 pm »

I looked that monster up to see what it looked like, and I came across the Monster Rancher wikia page that stated that's exactly the problem with Suzurin, poor accuracy for anything but weak attacks. Apparently it got buffed in MR4. It is adorable, though.

You would think that a Spyro game disk would yield a dragon-like monster, wouldn't it?
There are dragons in Monster Rancher, so I was kinda hoping for it. :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16357 on: February 01, 2016, 12:08:02 am »

If the LPs of Monster Rancher games I've seen are any indication, you need special items to get dragon-type monsters. So maybe try again once you progress a little? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16358 on: February 01, 2016, 04:06:59 am »

Start game; everyone else in the house just went to sleep, there is literally nothing that should have been able to interrupt me.

The ancient smoke alarm our landlord saddled us with starts giving a low battery alarm.  Not because the battery was out (I added a new one two weeks ago).  Rather, with no human intervention, something inside the smoke alarm holding the battery in place broke.  I try to fix it and the handle that opens the battery hatch snaps off in my hand.  Its only fixed when my friend wakes up and she manages to use toilet paper and tape to wedge it back into place.

And that's how I got my first abandon, before creeps even spawned.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #16359 on: February 01, 2016, 05:43:11 am »

Getting stuck in a The Witness puzzle for two days is considered death? Because  :'(

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16360 on: February 01, 2016, 02:45:12 pm »

Twenty-five times.
Why did I do this.
This was a silly idea.
At least the music's nice

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16361 on: February 01, 2016, 03:29:23 pm »

Twenty-five times.
Why did I do this.
This was a silly idea.

Are you...er...having a bad time?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16362 on: February 01, 2016, 03:54:30 pm »

Twenty-five times.
Why did I do this.
This was a silly idea.

Are you...er...having a bad time?

Indeed.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16363 on: February 01, 2016, 05:40:43 pm »

Ohohohohohohhhhhohohohohohohohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16364 on: February 01, 2016, 07:49:41 pm »

Was approached by a completely naked invader in Dark Souls 2 with only blank spaces for a name. Like a complete idiot, I assumed he was just fooling around, so I approached him cautiously. He then stabbed me with an enormous-sounding invisible greatsword and killed me in a couple hits. Creepypasta material right there.

Dark Souls 2 SotFS
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 1574