Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369442 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16275 on: January 23, 2016, 10:55:52 am »

Carelessly blew open a door with my last Exo, immediately got taken out by some unknown bot lurking behind it. HQ overrun, game over. Whoops.

Bionic Dues.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16276 on: January 23, 2016, 11:10:03 am »

Tried to hack an aircraft terminal. I don't know how to hack. Then I got shot in the face a whole lot despite being cloaked. Probably a large contributing factor to what cost us the alert.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16277 on: January 23, 2016, 05:37:54 pm »

-snip-
I can see how a game like that would inspire Dominions.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16278 on: January 23, 2016, 05:52:49 pm »

I lost two people out of my party of four.

The first, Reynauld, a crusader, I knew somewhat well. A warrior of the light who struck with precision, his knowledge of the warrens and ruins was great and served his comrades well. His greatest sin, however, was greed: He was known for cheating at cards and stealing the valuables he and his team had uncovered, however, I never saw this behavior with my own eyes. He was still only an apprentice when he met his final fate.

The second, Ludel, a plague doctor, had only just arrived. She was quite familiar with the coves, but her weak grip on life and her habit for eating more when stressed were somewhat worriesome. She lost her life on the very first expedition she took part in.

The two both were slain by the same accursed creature: A man who had devoted his life to some sort of eldritch abomination. I can still remember how pale they were when they finally slumped to the floor in a pool of their own blood.

They will be missed dearly, but new adventurers, heroes, fools, and corpses will arrive at the stagecoach, ready to meet whatever fate lies in store for them within...

The Darkest Dungeon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16279 on: January 23, 2016, 06:07:01 pm »

My guest left me alone in Downtown because I peed myself. There was a bathroom literally ten steps away from my Sim. Why didn't my Sim just use the bathroom?

Because they were listening to a street musician.

For five hours straight. The number of queued "use bathroom" actions were quite immense by the time they peed themselves.

The Sims.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

blazing glory

« Reply #16280 on: January 23, 2016, 06:26:01 pm »

My guest left me alone in Downtown because I peed myself. There was a bathroom literally ten steps away from my Sim. Why didn't my Sim just use the bathroom?

Because they were listening to a street musician.

For five hours straight. The number of queued "use bathroom" actions were quite immense by the time they peed themselves.

The Sims.
Are Sims really that hard to control in the first one?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16281 on: January 23, 2016, 06:30:15 pm »

I haven't played any other Sims games besides the first one (which I've only been playing for a few days), so I'm probably just bad at the game. However, from what I've played so far, it seems like a constant minute-by-minute uphill battle to keep all their needs filled, leaving precious little time to actually try and improve their situation so they can quit being manic-depressive little shits.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: January 23, 2016, 06:58:57 pm »

I'm reasonably sure you can cancel activities by clicking on them, even if they're being performed. I haven't played the first one in a good 10+ years though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: January 23, 2016, 07:14:47 pm »

I haven't played any other Sims games besides the first one (which I've only been playing for a few days), so I'm probably just bad at the game. However, from what I've played so far, it seems like a constant minute-by-minute uphill battle to keep all their needs filled, leaving precious little time to actually try and improve their situation so they can quit being manic-depressive little shits.
The first one even has a downtown??  I assumed you were playing 3 (seamless), or maybe 2 (where downtown is accessible through long loading screen).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: January 23, 2016, 07:16:47 pm »

I'm reasonably sure you can cancel activities by clicking on them, even if they're being performed. I haven't played the first one in a good 10+ years though...

Some actions can't be interrupted. I guess listening to music was one of them?

The first one even has a downtown??  I assumed you were playing 3 (seamless), or maybe 2 (where downtown is accessible through long loading screen).

It's part of one of the expansion packs. Maybe I'm thinking of Studio Town, but I'm playing the complete collection so I have no idea what is part of what.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: January 23, 2016, 07:23:13 pm »

Glitched a major boss battle of the game, rendering the last few chapters possibly unwinnable. Way to go Valve, for never fixing that one after all these years.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16286 on: January 23, 2016, 07:26:29 pm »

I've had that one. Just reloaded from earlier and it sorted itself out.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: January 23, 2016, 07:48:41 pm »

Glitched a major boss battle of the game, rendering the last few chapters possibly unwinnable. Way to go Valve, for never fixing that one after all these years.

Can't fix Xen.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16288 on: January 23, 2016, 07:53:39 pm »

The best part is that they still patch HL Deathmatch I think, pretty sure I saw an update to it a few months ago.
Multiplayer components to singleplayer gems, amirite?

(halo ;_;)

Anyway as a followup, I was trying a run with no retorts.  Only books on the secrets of Death, absolute necromancy.
Died to, ironically, Tlaloc again.  Odds were against him even being present in this round, but he was, and he was using halflings.

Though it was his summoned hellhounds which overwhelmed my capitol.  Because he was a stupid AI and built halfling *spearmen* instead of slingers.  I had loads of shadow demons and some orcs turned into werewolves...  But I expended most of them on ill-advised raids on the nearby magic nodes. 

He sent several armies but this one was larger.  I thought I could handle it, but I was unlucky with my curse spells.  It was close, but my capitol was overrun and I was banished to the void.  Without any mana producing cities, I couldn't cast the spell of Return.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: January 23, 2016, 08:41:59 pm »

>Playing Project Zomboid.
>Getting a handle on the game.
>Climb through broken window, start bleeding profusely.
>Panic, bandage, am ok.
>Forgot to remove glass shards with tweezers I didn't have.
>Get infection.
>Randomly drops dead in safe house some hour later with like 80% health.
>cries
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1574