Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369554 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16260 on: January 21, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »

Generally, if there's people around and you're not in a dungeon, stuff lying around and in containers is owned. WHO owns it is not always as clear.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: January 21, 2016, 06:01:15 pm »

If nothing else, one of Oblivion's good things was a big red hand on stuff you weren't supposed to take. Too bad most of it is crap that has zero value, making it entirely pointless to steal unless you have a mod that gives it a value or the Unnecessary Violence mod which allows you to use any item as a weapon(melee or thrown). But at least it got rid of that bug where an item stolen from someone makes that person perceive ALL of that item as stolen from them - which makes robbing shopkeepers a very short-term gain.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16262 on: January 21, 2016, 09:36:58 pm »

Bandit character. Spawned deep within the mountains with no camp followers. Nearly all my soldiers died from hunger, and the moment I got out of the mountains I was set upon by a noble because 'banditsRbad' (actual reason given in attack message). The guy had three-hundred soldiers to my now 20-strong force of light infantry (Literally the guys had just an axe, no armor, no equipment)

Might & Fealty
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #16263 on: January 22, 2016, 03:11:36 am »

Not a death, but with the amount of time I wasted on it it might as well be.

The mission overview said 'Defend your ally as best as you can, but don't feel bad if they die', so of course I decided to do my best to protect them until the end of the mission. First try, the Spanish attacked with cannon galleons and bombards and ganked them. So I reloaded and sent a few military units to fend the Spanish off. When I'm looking away to tend to my economy I get the message 'Your ally has been defeated!'. I jump back to their base and sure enough, their town center is a pile of rubble. So I reload and act a little more aggressively. Same thing happens. I look away for a moment and blam, my ally dies. After a couple of times, I was ordering my units around when I noticed that my ally's town center collapses for no obvious reason. So I reload, and this time I wait and watch it without any distractions. Apparently your ally town center explodes after a set time limit and knocks them out of the game. And it only took me half an hour to realize this. Wonderful.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just don't trust anything the computer says anymore. The Computer is not your Friend. Especially when they tell you you might lose an ally.

Joined a 1v1 Arabia, game starts as normal, my opponent randomed Celts. A couple of minutes in, they resigned. What? Did they lose 'net or something? Just, what? And finding a game at this time of day is pretty difficult, so.

AoE II.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: January 22, 2016, 04:55:25 am »

Rob Bobob died as he lived, screaming and peeing himself.

Seriously, good riddance. His two days of life consisted of making expensive meals, crying because I bought the wrong kind of sofa, and peeing himself in the living room (and not cleaning him up because his wife got to it first). Fuck that guy, he will NOT be missed.

The Sims.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: January 22, 2016, 07:19:58 am »

After massacring Diamond City with a rocket-powered sledgehammer and power fist, I started hucking infinite Nuka grenades at Piper, then detonating them with an explosive shotgun. It got boring eventually so I threw another grenade, turned off Godmode, and shot it again.

Fallout 4
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: January 22, 2016, 09:30:53 am »

I just don't trust anything the computer says anymore. The Computer is not your Friend. Especially when they tell you you might lose an ally.

Joined a 1v1 Arabia, game starts as normal, my opponent randomed Celts. A couple of minutes in, they resigned. What? Did they lose 'net or something? Just, what? And finding a game at this time of day is pretty difficult, so.

AoE II.

Yep. Though I did save time in the next mission because I saw a speedrun of it and knew that you could just blitz the wonder before it was built and thus not waste time running around the entire map. Especially if you're a complete noob like me and was playing on Standard difficulty. Unless they start with a ton of villagers/resources, those kinds of AI tend to putz around for most of mission and thus let me build up in relative peace. Or rush the fuck out of the objective if it's not defended properly. I... Would probably go up to a higher difficulty if I wasn't having so much fun.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #16267 on: January 22, 2016, 10:08:57 am »

Playing on standard can be great fun. Playing on hard can be too. Just different kinds.

Some of the speedruns of various AoE campaigns are hilarious. My personal favourite is out of the original Age of Empires: this masterpiece of mechanics abuse and loopholery.

Anyway, had to abandon a game because I needed to go out for a few minutes. I'm pretty sure I'd have won, too.

AoE II.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16268 on: January 22, 2016, 02:45:58 pm »

Okay I need serious help with Stronghold HD. I need to beat Mission 15 on Hard. I have lost to this damn mission at least 20 times. I tried everything. All the advice on the internet did not help. If there's somebody out there that has this game, please help me. Help help help.

I tried the kiting maneuver on the West wall that some videos have described. You have to be tile perfect and if one unit steps too far all the ranged units on the wall wake up and start murdering my guys. Even on Speed 10 it just takes too much micro and too much precision. One misclick and all progress is lost, but if I take too much time then the time runs out and the Pig's reinforcements arrive. I think it could work if I was faster/more persistent with loading but there must be an easier way. There is no fucking way the devs intended for me to march my ranged units in one pixel at a time on this level. It's just ridiculous.

Tried the East wall. That didn't go great. All my archers got shot to death wearing down the crossbows so my spearmen could get slaughtered filling the moat. Ram goes in and takes down the wall. Perfect. All my remaining melee is only enough to clear some of the wall and only one man makes it to the keep, where he is killed by a pikeman. >_>

The front is suicide and I haven't tried it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:18:08 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: January 22, 2016, 03:07:09 pm »

I didn't die, but hundreds fell unnecessarily...
Halflings are amazingly powerful in this game due to their food/growth bonus, "lucky" trait, and unique "slingers" unit.  Fortunately the AI wizards don't realize this, and waste their halfling towns on lackluster buildings.

But then I banished Tlaloc while he had a decently built-up halfling city on my border, in a choke point of sorts.  The town reverted to neutral, and I focused my attention elsewhere.  Until I noticed halfling raiders trying to loot my border towns.  Bands of fat greedy slingers were only driven back by combat summoning, and my only slingers sitting behind city walls.

I send my uberpowered heroes over to the city and promptly NOPE out of there - it's chock-full of slingers, and defenders shoot first.  If I had the Missile Immunity spell they *probably* could have survived, but I know from experience that massed slingers can crit *skeletons* to death.

So instead I sent a max-size stack of my own slingers, mostly veterans.  Despite being evenly matched armies, they slaughtered half of mine in the first round.  And thanks to the walls, my survivors didn't manage to finish off a single unit.

Mainly out of spite I continued to send massed stacks of slingers (instead of something smart like tower-shield swordsmen) with progressively greater buffs.  I sacrificed over 30 units of halflings before managing to storm the gate with Heroic, Giant Strength slingers with Stone *and* Iron for flesh, flaming eldritch daggers, and backed with flame elementals.

(Flame elementals are "immune" to mundane weapons, which is a laugh and a half.  "Immunity" in this case just means somewhat resistant, they were nothing more than summoned chaff to distract the enemy)

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: January 22, 2016, 03:18:52 pm »

There is this particularily hard and tricky mission where you face 7 German airplanes alone (compared to more gentlemantly engagements of equal or-just-slightly-unfair fights).

Somehow instead of being torn to shreds by the time I down 2 or 3 red guys, I managed to down 4 of them with only few bullets in my airplane's hull, but the sun was setting so I had to be fast, the fact that my submachine gun jammed not once but TWICE didn't help. However I managed to hunt down two more Germans.

Not seeing the last guy in front, above and under me, I turn left to check-

RATTATATATATAAATTATAATTAT!

I was shot dead at instant and my lovely yellow biplane plummeted down, crashing straight into equally lovely French farmland.

I was so close, waaaaugh ;n;

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:24:59 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:09 pm »

Beri Bobob met the same fate as her husband. I was literally going into Buy Mode to sell the oven when she caught fire to the house... for the third time that day. She burned up before she even had a chance to stop panicking, and now the Sorens are living on top of the paved-over ashes of the Bobob's epic failure.

The Sims.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: January 22, 2016, 05:59:00 pm »

Okay I need serious help with Stronghold HD. I need to beat Mission 15 on Hard.

Been so long since I've played that mission. Unless I'm mistaken or the HD version changes it, the difficulty should only apply to objectives and map triggers(and I'm not sure about that).

Is that the Wolf's castle, or the Pig's? Either way, I can't remember how I did it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16273 on: January 23, 2016, 02:16:40 am »

Okay I need serious help with Stronghold HD. I need to beat Mission 15 on Hard.

Been so long since I've played that mission. Unless I'm mistaken or the HD version changes it, the difficulty should only apply to objectives and map triggers(and I'm not sure about that).

Is that the Wolf's castle, or the Pig's? Either way, I can't remember how I did it.
Pig's castle. Difficulty changes how many enemies you and the enemy start with on Mission 15. On other missions it changes the number of enemies that arrive in invasions.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: January 23, 2016, 08:37:45 am »

FUCKING ELECTRIC ELITE IMP. I had found the third teleporter just before broaching hard too :(

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 1574