Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372169 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15405 on: September 13, 2015, 05:12:46 pm »

After a solid 10 minutes of fending off a ~10 dildo swarm by divide and conquer tactics

How read as.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #15406 on: September 13, 2015, 05:42:19 pm »

Wow, me too.

That WTF discussion has burrowed into my mind and changed how I see things.

Please kill me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15407 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:49 am »

Trying to forage in a semi-dangerous area, the only mobs are a flock of these flying things called Javings about 50m away. Unfortunately, two of them break away from the main flock to scout out just where I was digging. They aggro before I notice them.

They also have the ability to unequip your equipment for you. The first one disarms my pick, the other disarms again me even before I finish equipping my axe. Then they started hitting me for about 20% of my HP at a time. And they fly, so running wasn't much of an option.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15408 on: September 14, 2015, 09:25:27 am »

Well, my first soldier died (outside of the guys who had to die because it was the tutorial and the game said so). Poor Malcah didn't even have a single kill to his name, all he ever managed was to stun a floater and waste a whole bunch of ammo on a sectoid that was only four tiles away.

XCom: Enemy Unknown.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15409 on: September 14, 2015, 10:19:26 pm »

Well, my first soldier died (outside of the guys who had to die because it was the tutorial and the game said so). Poor Malcah didn't even have a single kill to his name, all he ever managed was to stun a floater and waste a whole bunch of ammo on a sectoid that was only four tiles away.

XCom: Enemy Unknown.

Sounds to me like they deserved it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15410 on: September 15, 2015, 01:50:10 am »

...Gee, you're nice. ;3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15411 on: September 15, 2015, 02:01:21 am »

Somebody that I actually cared about died: Captain Wood, the more useful of my two snipers. I had two snipers: one I gave Squadsight (Ruiz), and one I gave Snap Shot (Wood). Wood was much more versatile than Ruiz, since he could move to get a shot rather than just hoping for somebody to stumble into his field of view.

Unfortunately, Wood was critically injured during a UFO assault. A gang of Floaters mortally wounded him, and I had already used my medikit to heal somebody else that was far less damaged. Since I had no medkits, I had to charge forward and hope I could finish the mission before he bled out. He didn't make it that long. :(

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15412 on: September 15, 2015, 02:06:24 am »

@hector13
They're the elite of the elite! Not some redshirts you can just throw away! How dare you? /sarcasm/

Was playing CSGO offline with my bro. FFA with bots. I saw him standing in one place, so I shot away with my USP (dust2, I was T spawn, he was at tunnel entrance from T).
After about a clip of shooting, he turns around, flies STRAIGHT (there was a difference in elevation) at me, and shoots a Zeus taser at my head.
Turns out he turned noclip on.

Doesn't help that he's MGE, but possibly around the level of DMG-Supreme and I'm unranked, plus my FPS is 20-40 if I turn the resolution down...
So I had no chance anyway.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15413 on: September 15, 2015, 02:34:07 am »

Somebody that I actually cared about died: Captain Wood, the more useful of my two snipers. I had two snipers: one I gave Squadsight (Ruiz), and one I gave Snap Shot (Wood). Wood was much more versatile than Ruiz, since he could move to get a shot rather than just hoping for somebody to stumble into his field of view.

Unfortunately, Wood was critically injured during a UFO assault. A gang of Floaters mortally wounded him, and I had already used my medikit to heal somebody else that was far less damaged. Since I had no medkits, I had to charge forward and hope I could finish the mission before he bled out. He didn't make it that long. :(

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
I lost my first colonel to the 'Site Recon'. He got stuck in the level. We had to leave him behind.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15414 on: September 15, 2015, 07:43:40 am »

...Gee, you're nice. ;3

Ain't got no time for useless soldiers when the world is about to be overrun!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15415 on: September 15, 2015, 01:41:43 pm »

then maybe the organization who should be stopping that should try harder
 8)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15416 on: September 15, 2015, 03:37:34 pm »

Got lost, sprained my ankle, lost all hope. Took off all my clothes and limped around in a blizzard until Death welcomed me into its warm bosom.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15417 on: September 15, 2015, 10:01:03 pm »

Mis-estimated distance to the surface of the moon, resulting in Valentina crashing at 100km.s, making a nice new crater.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15418 on: September 15, 2015, 10:03:47 pm »

then maybe the organization who should be stopping that should try harder
 8)

That's why they use the guys who can't shoot as cannon fodder, while the actually useful guys sneak round back to shank the aliens.

Spoiler: actual game spoiler (click to show/hide)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15419 on: September 15, 2015, 10:58:38 pm »

That... that's not even true?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 1575