Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372262 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15390 on: September 11, 2015, 09:25:41 pm »

Ceiling Cat died again, this time to a Creeping Crud's poison on dungeon level two. Managed to get rezzed fine this time by Vissarion, so that's good. Still, poor dude is basically holding a neon sign that says "Bop me".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15391 on: September 12, 2015, 03:27:39 am »

The Missing Link has taken a turn for the worse, to say the least. I've heard it praised for offering more choice in situations than the base game allowed, but so far, that's... not really the case. I basically died because I was playing how I thought the game was wanting me to play. Spoiler'd in case somebody somehow hasn't played it but still wants it to be a surprise:

EDIT: I take back the stuff I said about the forced respec, they give you a ton of Praxis (and your old inventory) back at the end of the mission. It's still really, really, really annoying, though.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 03:54:17 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15392 on: September 12, 2015, 02:16:21 pm »

Dear Golbez,

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15393 on: September 12, 2015, 02:40:48 pm »

I accidentally clicked my guy out into the open because the game wants you to be playing with a controller so badly dear Jesus why aren't you using a controller just plug in a gamepad already FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE PLUG IN A 360 CONTROLLER

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Spoiler: Rant about NewCom (click to show/hide)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15394 on: September 12, 2015, 03:10:30 pm »

If you still want to play it, the tab button is your friend.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15395 on: September 12, 2015, 03:12:45 pm »

Vastly misunderestimated the ability of anti-tank rifles to take out my tank. Between the other tank and the rifle, Wilkens' tank was taken out in one turn. My engineer had gotten wiped out a few turns before, so I had already sustained too much damage. RIP.

Valkyria Chronicles
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15396 on: September 12, 2015, 06:45:43 pm »

My party is, by this point, pretty good. They're mostly level 7 or 8 and are pretty robust. Murphy's Ghost's and DL2 are both pretty easy, so I decide to go down to DL3. Big mistake. After getting hopelessly lost because spinners and pits and stuff, I run into 6 werebears and 7 rabbits. I have Basement Cat Daltos the werebears and Arcvasti Katino the rabbits while the front line fighters do violent stuff and Cabane a Lucre the Thief twiddles their fingers in completely safety and uselessness. Their idleness and safety don't last long, however. The Werebears take a Dalto to the face and don't even blink. The rabbits? Not only shrug off my Katino like it never hapened, but critically strike Ceiling Cat from 42 health to 0 in one turn. I try to run, but they're too fast. The rabbits, now revealed as vorpal bunnies, kill Cabane a Lucre and take big chunks off of Tomato and Omnicide, my Fighters, while the Werebears poison and paralyze them. I try to run again and everyone dies, except Tomato, who is paralyzed and poisoned. No one can hit him though[No idea why] and I have to wait for him to expire from poison. I send a recovery party of Vissarion and a similarly over-levelled Samurai down to get the bodies back for resurrection. I find them all relatively intact, thankfully, although there are a couple pieces of gear missing. I have the Samurai teleport everyone back to the castle and then make a second trip, via teleportation, to get the rest of the bodies. Of the six of them, Omnicide and Arcvasti didn't survive the resurrection procedure and I had to re-gen their characters. On the bright side, Omnicide started with an absurd amount of stat points and thus got to start out as a Samurai this time.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15397 on: September 12, 2015, 08:48:22 pm »

Your Child is born a genius :awesome:
Youre no longer patient :losefavoritetrait:
You declare holy war for tunis and win :yay:
Somehow Scotland Inherits your land halfway across the world :olry:
You win major wars against you despite being slated to lose :sup:
You become a cravan biotch :gdi:
You draw the Arabian Empire into a war, weakening them in preperation for your own war on them :planning:
You die of magicpony stress at the age of 35, leaving your 10 year old son with Uncle Regent 'the Shadow' who is heir and hates him :wtfmate:

CKII
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15398 on: September 13, 2015, 01:30:41 am »

So my brother and I found this graveyard, and we were having a grand old time smashing gravestones for loot and exploring the twisting hallways in the mausoleum we found in the middle. The whole structure extened way out past the borders of the graveyard, in fact we were half-way home (alibeit way underground), when we found a room with a lava floor and some throne like structure, as well as several netherack braziers (Hint hint for those not opening the spoiler, this should tell you what game we're playing). We hardly have time to lay out a small bridge across the lava to take a look inside the room when a health-bar appears at the top of the screen and blasts of energy knock my brother into the lava; I myself barely have the time to jump back out of the room, since the boss is too large to leave the room, but there's a WITHER in there. The three headed end-game monster that is supposed to be player-spawned in vanilla, ONLY WHEN the players are ready.

So I barely escape the Wither, with 1.5 health left, and run right into a cave spider, which poisons me and attacks a second time before I can turn around to see it. We both die, him from the lava, me from the spider, both as a direct result of our run-in with the Wither.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15399 on: September 13, 2015, 07:55:53 am »

You know, as someone who hasn't played minecraft since they added witches, I actually thought that these graveyard things and braziers were added in some sort of vanilla update.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15400 on: September 13, 2015, 08:49:55 am »

Bear fight.

Image Link
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15401 on: September 13, 2015, 12:07:38 pm »

You know, as someone who hasn't played minecraft since they added witches, I actually thought that these graveyard things and braziers were added in some sort of vanilla update.
Pretty sure gravestones that hold your loot when you die are a mod; and these graveyard stones came from the mod and held NPC loot.
"Lucy died in foul tortures" "Greg drowned while fighting a creeper" "George died in foul tortures" were the types of death messages I got when examining the gravestones by right click, and most of them held rotten meat and bones, while a few had extra loots like diamond tools (useless with the TiCon and IguanaTweaksforTiCon mods installed) or food in them.

I know there are graveyards in vanilla, but they're roughly 1/16th the size of the one we found and don't have gravestones like this.
The Cyan Menace

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15402 on: September 13, 2015, 12:10:13 pm »

I know there are graveyards in vanilla, but they're roughly 1/16th the size of the one we found and don't have gravestones like this.
Actually, as someone who plays only vanilla Minecraft because I don't know how to download mods, that's wrong. There aren't any graveyards in vanilla, unless they're made by a player.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15403 on: September 13, 2015, 03:18:43 pm »

Really? Huh, I guess those structures I keep finding no matter which modpacks I play are just from a very popular mod.
If you want to download and customize mods yourself, I'd recommend the tool MultiMC, but it's a bit confusing the first few times. To jump into modded minecraft, I'd say the Feed the Beast launcher is your best bet, availible here; do note you need an existing Mojang/Minecraft account to use this.
The Cyan Menace

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15404 on: September 13, 2015, 03:29:15 pm »

My team of squishy humans against my opponent's team of Slightly squishier rats. My opponent got an ealy score in due to Nuffle deciding to give be double red skulls on my first block of the game, which amounted to me handing the ball to the rats on turn 1 two spaces from the endzone.

But I had managed to come back 2 turns left on each side.  Score is 2-2, I have the ball.  I'm set up for a big play from my one eyed thrower 'Depth perception'.  The opponent does not seem to see it coming my catcher is not covered at all at kickoff.  I make my first move and....I was too hasty.  I did not see one of the skaven linemen behind my ogre and was too quick with the move to see the warning that a dodge attempt needs to be made.  My blitzer falls flat on his face, hurting himself and that's a turnover.

The rats use the new massive hole in my line to run a lineman to the ball and grab it right out from under my thrower.  My team fails to stop the rodent, and touchdown on the last turn of the game.  My opponent is a surprised as I am.  I lose 2-3.

Bloodbowl2 beta
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:31:26 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1575