Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370440 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15120 on: July 18, 2015, 11:00:56 pm »

Imma reinstall PL2 now and go fail miserably! :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15121 on: July 19, 2015, 12:09:22 am »

Was shooting at rocket drones far overhead and didn't see the small Geth troops blowing me up from the side until it was too late.

Mass Effect. I just learned that Virmire is getting pretty close to the end, which is kinda shocking; I still feel like I'm in the early game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15122 on: July 19, 2015, 12:11:59 am »

Was shooting at rocket drones far overhead and didn't see the small Geth troops blowing me up from the side until it was too late.

Mass Effect. I just learned that Virmire is getting pretty close to the end, which is kinda shocking; I still feel like I'm in the early game.
It depends if you've gone straight for the main missions to messing around on the planets, I guess, I felt I was nearing End-Game level before the Ice planet mission.
I think, it was a long time ago.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15123 on: July 19, 2015, 12:21:51 am »

Mass Effect has an issue where a lot of the side content involves the Mako, which is quite different from the main game.  Players who don't like pretending they're a moon rover tend to finish the game decently fast.  Mass Effect 2 is a little better because at least the side missions are similar to the main ones, although THAT one has an issue where all the interesting side stuff got shoved into DLC along with half of the game's weapons.  Seriously, its got like 16 weapons in 6 categories, that's pretty fricken sparse for a game where all classes are locked out of at least one weapon type.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15124 on: July 19, 2015, 12:29:46 am »

It depends if you've gone straight for the main missions to messing around on the planets, I guess, I felt I was nearing End-Game level before the Ice planet mission.
I think, it was a long time ago.

I was doing nothing but side missions until I got to Virmire, since going anywhere or doing anything led me to two or three more sidequests. I suppose those were meant to be the supporting bulk of the game, but they were all pretty short and easy, even the relatively big ones. It feels like the plot took a huge jump from "gotta find Saren" to "Saren's big base is here, and also a reaper and the cure for the genophage".

(I know Mass Effect 1 is pretty old, but I'm not sure how much people care about spoilers for it)

Mass Effect has an issue where a lot of the side content involves the Mako, which is quite different from the main game.  Players who don't like pretending they're a moon rover tend to finish the game decently fast.

Yeah, the Mako parts are not that fun. I was about to sit down and finish the surveying quests until I realized that you actually had to drive the Mako to find some of the minerals/anomolies/emblems/pogs/Velvet Elvis portraits/action figures.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15125 on: July 19, 2015, 12:49:16 am »

* Sirus is one of those heretics who actually kinda liked the Mako bits
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15126 on: July 21, 2015, 12:48:56 am »

Mission going smoothly, then someone used a Shiva.  Half the team did not get out of range in time.  The 5 of us survivors moved on to the objective, there was just nothing we could do about it, the medic was one of them.
We quickly completed the objective, but we knew we couldn't stick around long.  Attrition would kill us and we only had so much medical supplies.  Evac was called in, but... the dropship was clear across the otherside of the map.  We made a mad dash for it.  We lost 1 very early on, he was moving way too slow.  We rest of us were doing pretty awesome.  The Hellfire taunted everything off of the rest of the team constantly.  The Demo laid down explosives while on the run, keeping the number of enemies behind us low-ish.  The other two, probably Assaults, kept up, gunning down the dogs that got close and using their medical supplies on the rest of the crew in a pinch.  It was close, despite the constant taunting, the rest of the crew still took damage.  We had almost lost the Demo, he was running on fumes, but managed to stay alive, but we lost one of the Assaults mid-way.  The Hellfire near the end was on his last legs, having less life then he had armor.  We had run out of medical supplies by then and were just almost there.  But, things quickly fell apart when the Hellfire finally kicked the bucket.  In that mess, the Demo blew up the remaining Assault.  None of us made it to the dropship as a Hellspawn and the dogs chased the Demo down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15127 on: July 21, 2015, 01:53:48 am »

Either way, the actual mating part is still kind of messy and overly long.
wut
thincake

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15128 on: July 21, 2015, 02:08:48 am »

Not sure if making joke, so...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15129 on: July 21, 2015, 02:44:03 am »

Entered the Bethesda Ruins Underground.
Feral ghoul! One shot, dead.
Two more ghouls! Two shots, dead dead.
...and a Roamers. Five shots, not dead. Waiting for you AP to charge is not, in fact, a good idea with Roamers, I've noticed.
Fallout 3
Black lives matter.

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15130 on: July 21, 2015, 02:54:48 am »

Watching NiP lose to Fnatic 14-16 and 14-16 in a bigger tournament in CSGO.
Otherwise League of Legends, Malphite. Ulti in, no go out.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15131 on: July 21, 2015, 03:45:10 am »

Oh, Plantera bulb just near the jungle surface. I will spam Discords to flee!

* New Guy pops a bulb, starts warping.

Plantera: Oh no you don't.

4bitekill

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15132 on: July 21, 2015, 06:46:00 am »

Entered the Bethesda Ruins Underground.
Feral ghoul! One shot, dead.
Two more ghouls! Two shots, dead dead.
...and a Roamers. Five shots, not dead. Waiting for you AP to charge is not, in fact, a good idea with Roamers, I've noticed.
Fallout 3

Yeah, enemies have a tendency to be either one shot or *omg, die already* in Fallout. I'm lucky because I had the Ghoulificated Heart perk, so they don't attack.
Just wait until the Reavers appear though (not sure if those are vanilla or modded). The first time I saw one, I tried sneak attacking it with a Gauss Rifle. Almost no damage.
Two more shots, it had enough and attacked. Instakill.

Still, having Ghoulificated Heart and sneak attacking ghouls to farm exp and karma is funny, as long as you're not detected... with increased spawns, that's 20 or so ghouls charging you.

I had a lot of deaths like that until I got to a level where I could more or less ignore most enemies, bar deathclaws and cazadores.

Latest death:
Splash damage perk backfires way too often.
Mini nuke damage is huge.
I wanted to see if I have a chance to survive firing the Experimental MIRV.

Guess the answer.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15133 on: July 21, 2015, 12:13:23 pm »

Not sure if making joke, so...
was joke
no worry
thincake

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15134 on: July 21, 2015, 10:55:54 pm »

Elite difficulty in Torchlight 2 is certainly the hardest difficulty. Lost my....8th hardcore character now since I tried playing again in the last few days.

This time, my fire based Embermage died to a stupid elite mob that's basically a panda bear spellcaster. Normally the panda bear spellcasters would spam a poison spell and summon packs of zombie panda bears while kiting you. Basically infuriating asshats, especially when there's several of them on screen at once. I loathe them. The elite is a variety that spams a shit ton of high-damage flame spells. Basically fire based dakka.

I was practically one shot when I misstepped and took a bundle of fireballs to the face.

I was level 12. I wasn't kidding when I said this difficulty is hard.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1575