Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370103 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15135 on: July 22, 2015, 04:08:37 am »

I rode my minecart straight into an explosion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15136 on: July 22, 2015, 05:59:19 am »

Bludgeoned to death by what appeared to be a giant sperm cell.

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #15137 on: July 22, 2015, 07:21:42 am »

Reset all progress. Decided starting ambition on normal was too boring and went straight to hard. Bad idea.

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15138 on: July 22, 2015, 08:24:47 am »

Escaped a captain-sarge pack with a bunch of imps thrown in with 12% health and nothing left but my thermie.

Running down the stairs, I find myself in a small cave dead-end, the only visible exit occupied by a cacodemon.
Getting over the shock, I run like hell, and somehow manage to get past the beast. The down stairs are in sight not too far away. I can do this !

Next level, the down stairs are straight in sight, as is a large medpack, and no visible monsters. Phew ! I might even be able to see this through.

Healing up, I head downwards into a maze of corridors. There are a few monsters around, but nothing I can't handle, courtesy of Dodgemaster.
Sprinting across a river under heavy fire, I turn a corner, only to face four Barons of Hell... They open fire. Simultaneously.

edit: captain, not commando...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:54:09 am by karhell »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15139 on: July 22, 2015, 02:17:44 pm »

I was exterminating the Van Graffs with my Two-Step Goodbye, which is basically a metal gauntlet with a big barrel on it, that probably shoves an explosive into the enemy. When the enemy is killed with a critical, it explodes a few seconds later. Quite cool, but for some reason (probably Splash Damage perk - before you say anything, I'm using Perks for Challenges, which means I didn't get it on purpose), it also damages the user. Wiki says it damages "friendly non-player characters" besides enemies, but that's wrong - it damages everything in the explosion range.

Now, Amber, my character, has become quite OP. Most attacks can't penetrate her power armour. Even if they do, her Pipboy Upgrade perk means an automatic stimpak injection will heal her right away. She's basically one of those insta-regen vampires.

So, this girl walks in and starts exploding energy weapon dealers. The last one starts beeping as he falls, then explodes. *kaboom* Death screen.

Yeah, yeah, she was too close to the kill and she had about half hp. The wiki said the explosion does 175 damage, so her 115 hp might be too little to survive.
Save loads back - *beep* *boom*
Automated saves have bad timing.
Save loads back - *beep* Amber manages to open her Pipboy. One stimpak with her maxed medicine skill takes her back to max hp. Added buffout for +60 hp and +3 End, though the stats are already maxed, but the extra HP is still added. Pipboy closed, time resumes. *boom*

I loaded back the autosave on entry into the shop. I still don't know what exploded, but I haven't used the Two-Step Goodbye since. I think my survival rate has increased (still a few close calls when stimpack injections stop or I'm attacked by sonic waves)

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #15140 on: July 22, 2015, 09:45:27 pm »

I was playing a game as Gangplank, I've played the new him before as well as the old him.

fuck matchmaking
fuck normals mmr
fuck my asshole friend saying that I'm just shit and Fiora is a pretty weak champion and that there's no excuse for me being this bad blah blah blah.
fuck it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: July 22, 2015, 09:51:42 pm »

Everything was going perfect, was inside the admin building. Disable the lights. As I was getting out of the area with the generators, a soldier sees me through a door and sounds the alarm automatically. Damn it.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: July 22, 2015, 09:52:08 pm »

Took a single province as Byzantines

Entire europe and middle east declare war on me only days into a massive coalition against me

That was quick game over :P Never lost so fast from just taking one province lol.

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Google400

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15143 on: July 23, 2015, 01:46:32 am »

Got surrounded by cops when i was trying to free an entire six man squad out of jail

When people call you a idiot, remember, no matter the importance of the person... they're fucking right.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15144 on: July 23, 2015, 02:49:55 am »

I NEED TO WORK ON MY LANDINGS.

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: July 23, 2015, 03:37:38 am »

My Magdalene's wimpy Technology 2 laser with the lowest damage managed to carry her quite far... all the way up to the Cathedral and to Isaac himself.  But not even a 1-UP was enough to make up for the super tear stream the boss retaliated with... both attempts ended in failure.

funnykoala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: July 23, 2015, 09:54:18 am »

cyborg ninja-ronin

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15147 on: July 23, 2015, 11:21:10 am »

Proceeding nicely, this chapter seems straightforward enough, O GOD WHY DOES THAT KNIGHT HAVE A HORSESLAYER?

Rip Alen *restarts chapter*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15148 on: July 23, 2015, 11:39:39 am »

Stuck a piece of C4 to another racer, tried to swerve away from him, but he stuck with me and so when it detonated, it sent us both flying. I was low on health, so I was out of the race.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15149 on: July 23, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »

" They will not accept anything we can offer right now"
Playing as Crimea, just finished a war to vassalize Gaizukumuch. This four province country declares war on me to take Kurm from me. I've got depleted armies, so I try to just give them Kurm. " They will not accept anything we can offer right now". Shit. They promptly roll over my 8 thousand man army with their personal 6 and their ally's 5 thousand, leaving me with no army to speak for.
Skip to almost eight years later, they've conquered 3/4 of my country, and the shitters still " They will not accept anything we can offer right now". I'm pissed, because I can't make an army to stop them, nor can I just roll over and give them what they want, even if I give them all the provinces they've occupied that they want. 0 manpower 6k men, and they've just hit 17.
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1574