Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2379364 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14655 on: May 26, 2015, 11:15:48 am »

A nano-machine enhanced senator threw a skyscraper-sized sword at me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: May 26, 2015, 11:36:27 am »

Total party wipe after being hit by an instant death spell that hits the entire party. I have yet to see a single piece of equipment that blocks insta-kill effects.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would never have thought that the Dwarven Halls were safer than the Animated Forest. They are, but not by much. Mainly, it's because the only offensive spells I have are Burning Hands and Frost Bolt, neither are very good against dealing with a single tree.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: May 26, 2015, 12:03:16 pm »

I would never have thought that the Dwarven Halls were safer than the Animated Forest. They are, but not by much. Mainly, it's because the only offensive spells I have are Burning Hands and Frost Bolt, neither are very good against dealing with a single tree.

Hey trees don't mess around man, they even kill tanks by nudging them. (yes it happened again)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:05:21 pm by shroobot3000 »
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: May 26, 2015, 01:52:18 pm »

Usually I just dig a path AROUND the Animated Forest and cap off either end with a wand of door creation. Then I can just open the door, kill any aggressive trees who wander in the way of it closing and close the door again. Then I walk to the other end of the tunnel and repeat process to get to the downstairs. Works especially well with Monks, who can dig through walls by kicking them past level ~14.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14659 on: May 26, 2015, 02:26:22 pm »

Usually I just dig a path AROUND the Animated Forest and cap off either end with a wand of door creation. Then I can just open the door, kill any aggressive trees who wander in the way of it closing and close the door again. Then I walk to the other end of the tunnel and repeat process to get to the downstairs. Works especially well with Monks, who can dig through walls by kicking them past level ~14.
What. I didn't know there was room on the level walls to dig through. This changes everything.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: May 26, 2015, 02:29:00 pm »

What. I didn't know there was room on the level walls to dig through. This changes everything.

There's JUST BARELY enough room for a one-tile wide hallway. I only found this out after I accidentally zapped a wand of digging at a tree instead of a wand of fire.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14661 on: May 26, 2015, 02:52:50 pm »

Apparently my modpack add blood moons. I figured that if they were as easy as they are in terraria I wouldn't have any trouble. I was wrong. The peninsula on which my base is set is almost an island now, with all of these new craters.
(These craters are actually helpful, since we planned to dynamite the land portion that connect us to the continent anyways.)

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: May 26, 2015, 02:57:15 pm »

Hagravens in the Nettlebane quest? Easy peasy. Hagravens in some random cave? Each one is a miniboss in its own right. And there's a secret door that apparently doesn't count for projectiles or line of sight, so I got hit with a fireball through the wall.

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: May 27, 2015, 06:18:07 am »

Was the only Tier V medium tank in a match of Tier VII heavies.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: May 27, 2015, 12:16:26 pm »

A nano-machine enhanced senator threw a skyscraper-sized sword at me.
As far as I can tell, its that ninja-flipping two-ton cyborg-soldier double-decker of shenanigans final boss of Metal Gear Solid: REVENGENCE.

Yep that was game was incredible and then it had a writing heart attack and went full ham! lol, still great though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: May 27, 2015, 06:28:16 pm »

Aliens enveloped a taste for blowing up my SHIVs. I don't know why, but they seriously hate what I've taken to calling mobile ass-kicking platforms.

Maybe because my SHIVs can rack up more kills in one mission than my top guys...

So, yeah. TWO freaking cyberdiscs decide to stomp on my team for a bit, killing my SHIV and wasting one of my two rockets to whittle them from 20 HP to a mere 15. Each.

Six or so floaters decide to rock up then, filling the air with an unholy amount of plasma and making my rookies panic, my infantry critical and my medic dead.

Finally, four seekers (I swear, those fuckers are made out of bullshitium) join the party, flank me and murder me to death.

XCOM Enemy Within, Long War mod.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14666 on: May 27, 2015, 09:29:44 pm »

Tutorial level.  You know what would be lolzy and net me a small amount fi experience?  Stabbing my companion in the back!  Look, 1 damage, lolololol.  Now he'll counterattack!  63 damage! lolololol, that was all the hp I had.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: May 28, 2015, 03:03:56 am »

Aliens enveloped a taste for blowing up my SHIVs. I don't know why, but they seriously hate what I've taken to calling mobile ass-kicking platforms.

Maybe because my SHIVs can rack up more kills in one mission than my top guys...

So, yeah. TWO freaking cyberdiscs decide to stomp on my team for a bit, killing my SHIV and wasting one of my two rockets to whittle them from 20 HP to a mere 15. Each.

Six or so floaters decide to rock up then, filling the air with an unholy amount of plasma and making my rookies panic, my infantry critical and my medic dead.

Finally, four seekers (I swear, those fuckers are made out of bullshitium) join the party, flank me and murder me to death.

XCOM Enemy Within, Long War mod.

Ah x-com here's my experience.

Ooh new mission wonder what it is? Hm a town is now a ghost town? Not too bad I got a MEC and some super-troops, sounds easy... What's in that wha- OH GOD SO MANY CHRYSALIDS. And everyone died

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: May 28, 2015, 05:31:07 am »

Yeah. I still remember my first chrysalid map in XCOM Enemy Unknown.

Previously, on XCOM: Our troops have finally started steamrolling through the enemy. So far, it seems this alien attack can be held back. It seems in a few months we might even counterattack!

Today, on XCOM: The squad was sent to a town under attack. The sniper covered two entire streets from full cover. Two assaults went in to clear the first large building, while a rookie stayed somewhat behind to cover their backs, should anything come.
Well it came. At blinding speed and with a load of health, while the civilian counter just dropped.

And yeah, a cyberdisk alone is pretty devestating. Why the hell does it even gain half cover for flying in the open?

Then there's that ghost town mission. Luckily, I was way more careful and my sniper also had almost full map coverage. I got a bit scared when a chrysalid decided to somehow spawn not far from him, but it was fine in the end. I dunno if I lost someone or not.

Damn, now I need to play XCOM again... Did they fix the enemies spawning in your face bug, by the way? (Enemy squads had set places to "patrol", which meant they teleported to them sequentially. Even if you were standing there, so long as you didn't spot them previously. I had a group of elite mutons teleport into my squad and with their free move instantly wipe out half my team, that's when I said 'f**k that, I'm savescumming')
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: May 28, 2015, 05:32:35 am »

Damn, now I need to play XCOM again... Did they fix the enemies spawning in your face bug, by the way? (Enemy squads had set places to "patrol", which meant they teleported to them sequentially. Even if you were standing there, so long as you didn't spot them previously. I had a group of elite mutons teleport into my squad and with their free move instantly wipe out half my team, that's when I said 'f**k that, I'm savescumming')
They did, at least in the expansion. Don't know about it otherwise.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1575