Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369429 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14070 on: March 07, 2015, 12:22:09 pm »

Only part of me died, in a way.

Jumped my fleet into a system. The enemy was waiting, plasma carronades at the ready. A 16.000t destroyer exploded as the rest of the fleet jumped back. They didn't follow us. There is a second route into their system, let's hope it is less well defended. Otherwise suicide fighters will be the order of the day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14071 on: March 07, 2015, 06:52:55 pm »

I almost made it to Spectacle Rock.

Almost.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14072 on: March 07, 2015, 10:01:07 pm »

I didn't think I had to keep running.

Abe's Oddysee
Flaming Baby Catapult

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14073 on: March 08, 2015, 07:04:05 am »

The Rebellion managed to take Bothawi from me using disturbingly large human wave charges. I think the pre-battle intel showed that they had at least 9 Trooper units(about 12 or so men each), and 17 Plex Trooper squads(6 men each), and it could have been more than that. While I except the Empire to throw wave after wave of people at enemy guns - which I, technically, did in the the defense of the base, though the KDR was probably more on my side - the fact that the Rebels would waste literally hundreds of people attacking a world that was immediately re-taken is quite frightening. Especially since, as far as I know, the Rebels canonically try to avoid that.

Eventually, bombing runs destroyed my barracks and my AT-ST factory, and my last crippled chicken-walker tried to stomp on one last Plex Trooper before the planet ended in Rebel hands.

Quick question, what version of this game do you have?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14074 on: March 08, 2015, 11:01:33 am »

The Rebellion managed to take Bothawi from me using disturbingly large human wave charges. I think the pre-battle intel showed that they had at least 9 Trooper units(about 12 or so men each), and 17 Plex Trooper squads(6 men each), and it could have been more than that. While I except the Empire to throw wave after wave of people at enemy guns - which I, technically, did in the the defense of the base, though the KDR was probably more on my side - the fact that the Rebels would waste literally hundreds of people attacking a world that was immediately re-taken is quite frightening. Especially since, as far as I know, the Rebels canonically try to avoid that.

Eventually, bombing runs destroyed my barracks and my AT-ST factory, and my last crippled chicken-walker tried to stomp on one last Plex Trooper before the planet ended in Rebel hands.

Quick question, what version of this game do you have?

Currently playing the original. I do have Forces of Corruption installed, but I don't enjoy it as much since you cannot turn off the Consortium in a GC campaign.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14075 on: March 08, 2015, 11:06:56 am »

Yeah, those guys could be a pain. And OP when played well. Campaign was fun though. Do you play multiplayer? Are there still servers? Might reinstall it sometime.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14076 on: March 08, 2015, 11:52:41 am »

Treants threw a boulder at our flaming land-boat.  Our wizard cast stone to flesh on it, I summoned a 3-inch wide blade of stone which sliced it in half.  The halves, only about a hundred pounds each, landed harmlessly and took care of our provisions issue for the near future.

Unfortunately the wall snapped, and sliced off the mast.  I was in the crow's nest.  I landed about 200ft away in the burning forest surrounded by furious treants.  They didn't buy "Thank you for saving me, brave forest friends!" (I did roll a 4... and was a goblin... and my drow companion tried to corroborate my story...).  I would have cast wind walk to escape as a gaseous form, but they grappled and smashed me.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14077 on: March 08, 2015, 01:12:03 pm »

How did a Stone-to-Flesh spell affect Treants? They aren't made of stone, right? They're giant walking trees ???
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14078 on: March 08, 2015, 01:30:33 pm »

How did a Stone-to-Flesh spell affect Treants? They aren't made of stone, right? They're giant walking trees ???
Think he was referring to the boulder thrown at them by Treants getting stone-to-fleshed, not the treants themselves.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: March 08, 2015, 01:33:57 pm »

...that makes a lot more sense.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

blazing glory

« Reply #14080 on: March 08, 2015, 05:36:35 pm »

Getting hit by a big ball of flesh sounds icky.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14081 on: March 08, 2015, 05:41:59 pm »

And also not very good for you. Sure getting hit by ten thousand kilos of rock isn't pretty, but neither is getting hit by two 5 thousand kilo slabs of meat.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: March 08, 2015, 05:52:06 pm »

We uh, actually did some googling and a little math along with the DM.  We took its density for granite and used the average density of the human body for the flesh, which brought it from 600lbs to a bit over 200.

The wizard had disintegrate prepared, but that would have been *boring*.  I regret nothing about that plan.

Oh and I typo'd a bit, the spell I used was Wall of Stone which I used to make a wall at the default thickness (3 inches) and... I think 5 feet long by 30 feet high?  That was the "blade of stone" which sliced and slowed the fleshball, before ruining the mast and me.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:54:42 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14083 on: March 08, 2015, 06:19:22 pm »

Oh, that's a smaller boulder than I was thinking then. I was imagining a couple of metres across.

And while I can't find anything specifying whether volume or mass in conserved, I think it's more likely to be volume since otherwise using it to un-petrify things would cause them to shrink to a comical degree.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14084 on: March 08, 2015, 09:05:28 pm »

I WAS RIGHT FREAKING THERE

THE HAMMER WAS ALMOST IN MY REACH

AND A FREAKING BLOB THING KILLED ME
Spoiler: Reaction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1574