Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369415 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14010 on: February 23, 2015, 12:51:17 pm »

Tyranids are hilarious when fighting other players. Hiding Lictors in the bushes to jump enemy artillery as they pass by and using the Hive Mind to drop units smack in the middle of their base never gets old. Doesn't quite match up to the Earthshaker spam you get as the Guard, though, especially considering some maps are small enough to fire corner-to-corner.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14011 on: February 23, 2015, 01:36:27 pm »

I don't know about the Earthshaker Spam. Didn't that get nerfed by only letting you have like, three Basilisks? Or was this changed in the mod?
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: February 23, 2015, 02:07:51 pm »

Yeah, it was. You can train Basilisks up to your vehicle cap, it seems. You can also build Earthshaker platforms, which rotate horrendously slowly but don't take up your vehicle slots.

If you want a really fun time, you can avoid training any Priests, Commissars, Psykers, or Medics, and instead train five or six Vindicare Assassins when you reach the tech level. Assassinate all the things. Stilted armies like these are fun, if impractical in many situations.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14013 on: February 23, 2015, 03:38:14 pm »

Tyranids are hilarious when fighting other players. Hiding Lictors in the bushes to jump enemy artillery as they pass by and using the Hive Mind to drop units smack in the middle of their base never gets old. Doesn't quite match up to the Earthshaker spam you get as the Guard, though, especially considering some maps are small enough to fire corner-to-corner.

I dunno, I feel like nids have such overwhelming map dominance in early game, that by the time mid tier rolls around you can replace your everything faster than the enemy can kill it. Though I've never played really competitively, so that might not hold up with someone who knows what he's doing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: February 23, 2015, 07:21:13 pm »

I have thought about that, but there are a few problems.
A: I am too poor. I literally can't even buy some McDonalds. All money goes towards keeping the flat.
2: I'm in a rented flat. Therefore I don't have the luxury of running "cables through holes in the floor, air vents, and walls".
III: I'm going to be moving out to work and live at a job. I still won't have the luxury of doing the above. So I must stick with wifi and in my job's case, I'll have to get a USB dongle to stream or download anything large.

As for a death, when I'm not playing smash bros online I play 1v2 matches against lv9 cpus.  Smash Bros is one of the only games I play that is actually played at tournaments that I'm actually good at.  And I like to practice in case of the very unlikely chance a local smash bros tourney pops up.  After beating the cpu team more than half the time a in a few matches I decide to try 1v3.  I'm doing well, breaking even looking like I'll force sudden death, really putting the stall tactics to work. 5 seconds, I see an opening and flare blitz with char hoping to snipe out a weakened CPU and score a win.

I miss and fly off the side of the screen.   Blue team wins, I lose.  If I would have stayed defensive I would have tied, at least going to sudden death.  But nope, I suicide instead.  To add insult to injury one of the cpus somehow got credit for the kill.

Super smash bros 2DS
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: February 23, 2015, 07:24:27 pm »

I prefer "Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle", personally.

---

I figured out how to do an uppercut. Then the Japanese minor league circuit guy killed me with his ONE MILLION DRAGON PUNCH THING technique.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: February 23, 2015, 07:39:25 pm »

Amazing advice here
Thank you so much for this. While I still won't manage until November, which is when my seasonal job finishes, it'll definitely be something I'll try out.
I'll probably pm you around autumn so I can get some step by step stuff, if that'll be alright.

Now onto the death...

There is a siege going on in Warmart. Near the dining area are a small group of relatively docile Deathclaws. My team and I were at some columns to the west, positioned so we cover all the exits. Outside are a squad of V-tech players. Neither of us know the size of each other's group, and it devolved to us hanging at the walls, taunting them and just provoking them.

One brave soldier of ours takes a dash out, eats some plasma and dishes out some laser before running back inside. It turns out that while there's a good player less, they still have superior firepower.
Afterwards, we gather rround, and we come to a plan. We Sally forth, doing our best at knocking everyone down. Kala is the first to go, knocked down by a machine gun. In the meantime I knock the person down when jjango, a fellow player gets knocked out. I try to bring him back up but he's bleeding out too quickly to be revived. I see a player running back, and with my rifle I manage to knock his ass on the floor. I keep shooting at him, hoping each shot furthers his chances for bleeding out. This did not work, as some other V-tech kept healing him. I keep shooting at this other guy until I hear my magazine run dry. I don't remember what happened then, but I think that I was the last survivor against two Vtecs.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: February 24, 2015, 01:37:35 am »

I tried to carefully dig around a lava pit, hoping to uncover some diamonds that may have been hidden beneath it. Instead I uncovered a second lava pit, less than three blocks below the first one. I don't even remember how I fell in. All that matters is that I lost two sets of iron armor (one of which I had recovered from a previous death, in fact), a big pile of iron ingots, a map, and miscellaneous other goodies.

I am officially done with this base, with this biome, with this world, and with this version of Minecraft. At least this gives me an excuse to finally upgrade to 1.8.

Minecraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: February 24, 2015, 01:54:24 pm »

Low health.  revenants and sergeants.

Gotta hide.  Peek out to kill, soo Reverant attacking sergeant.  Awesome.  I finish killing all the extra doods, and the last reverant is executing a sergeant.  It smashes him on the ground as it were, and then throws the body at me. I die ._.

Brutal Doom.

And here I thought I had seen all the mod had to offer by now.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14019 on: February 24, 2015, 06:35:35 pm »

Reminds me of the time a baron of hell chucked the imp it had been executing at me and gibbed me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: February 25, 2015, 10:53:09 am »

Brutal Doom
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14021 on: February 25, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »

How can you see your own head? Just how badly did you get annihilated?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: February 25, 2015, 12:25:23 pm »

I was playing the Spirit walker, a man who has the power of the four primal spirits fused into him, and I was slaying mighty beasts in the jungle. My health was low, and I knew I was doing risky stuff, when I suddenly saw a spear being flung towards me. I knew I was unable to dodge it, so I unleashed the power of the turtle to grant me a small shield, which barely saved me. I saw the Bestial Huntress , a woman with a spear, jumping out of the bush behind me, transforming into a cougar while doing so. I used the power of the bear to become faster, and ran away, but she was able to jump over walls, so she quickly catched up to me. Knowing my fate, I hid in a bush and tried to hurt her as much as I could before dying. As she entered the bush I hid in I used the power of the bear to stun her for some time, and quickly used the power of the tiger to raise my damage and my attack speed. As soon as she stopped being stunned, I used the power of the gods to smite the red brambleback that was nearby to gain some more HP. I used the power of the phoenix to burn her, and barely succeeded to kill her. I was extremely lucky, and tried to go back to my base, where I would quickly regenerate my health and mana. But just before I was able to go back, I heard the song of the Deathsinger, a cruel lich who used the power of the souls he collected to compose the song of Death, which hurt all of my allies and myself, finally resulting in my death.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: February 25, 2015, 01:15:17 pm »

Managed to somehow tick off half of early Europe into getting a coalition against me. Proceeding this, I manage to barely hang on and get a peace deal. With an Alliance with the Western Roman Empire, I prepare my armies to take a chunk out of Gallia. (I think thats the spelling?) Managed to get a good bit of land and a ton of extra ducets. WRE then proceeds to get very angry at me for apparently possesing one of their cores. I sell it to them quickly, but the damage is done and they now are part of the coalition. I give myself about 5 in-game years before myself and Denmark get swarmed.

(Not technically dead yet, but its not looking pretty...)

Europa Universalis IV- Modded Run
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14024 on: February 25, 2015, 03:04:43 pm »

How can you see your own head? Just how badly did you get annihilated?
That's all my blood, if that helps.  BD really makes certain kinds of situations hella dangerous.  Like a '12 on a scale of 10' Caccodemons with a lunge attack on a ring-level that just plops you down into the thick of it.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1574