Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370675 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13815 on: January 24, 2015, 12:00:57 pm »

I'm in the memphis metropolis, and holy shit this stage is hell.
First you come out of your pit and there's no cover anywhere and if you're not careful where you step two green fireball dudes will spawn on top of all the other stuff you already have to deal with. Not too hard this far, I managed to take out the fireball dudes before anything else spawned, but then I go a bit further after firing rockets around a corner at a red scorpion dude and one of those big rocket launcher dudes, AND FIVE GREEN FIREBALL DUDES SPAWN ALONGSIDE TONS OF SKELETON HORSE THINGS AND HEADLESS KAMIKAZES AAAAAAAAAA
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: January 24, 2015, 12:29:24 pm »

First you come out of your pit and there's no cover anywhere and if you're not careful where you step two green fireball dudes will spawn on top of all the other stuff you already have to deal with. Not too hard this far, I managed to take out the fireball dudes before anything else spawned, but then I go a bit further after firing rockets around a corner at a red scorpion dude and one of those big rocket launcher dudes, AND FIVE GREEN FIREBALL DUDES SPAWN ALONGSIDE TONS OF SKELETON HORSE THINGS AND HEADLESS KAMIKAZES AAAAAAAAAA
Welcome to Serious Sam. I hope you brought enough ammo!
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: January 24, 2015, 03:13:09 pm »

-snip-
Wait, any mortal race?  Couldn't you have picked something you can't normally start as, like a dragon or a giant or something?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13818 on: January 24, 2015, 03:24:03 pm »

I remember when Kikoskia tried to play that whole game only using the revolvers, that maniac.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: January 24, 2015, 03:26:23 pm »

Really not to do with games but it feels like I died inside.
Watched the whole QA released by moot.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #13820 on: January 24, 2015, 06:53:28 pm »

Terraria - I made a new character called Urist McNoGear and went on my friend's world. They had already gotten it on to hard mode. There were multiple instances of FUN, and in some cases, !!FUN!!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: January 24, 2015, 10:19:46 pm »

-snip-
Wait, any mortal race?  Couldn't you have picked something you can't normally start as, like a dragon or a giant or something?
The words are "Players Choice of Anything Mortal" but level adjustment would have applied against future levels, so...  Dunno.  I was considering troll just for regeneration (anything but fire, acid, or coup de grace is nonlethal and nonlethal damage heals in mere turns) but decided to go with the cruelest, most narratively appropriate choice.  Still came with 2 level adjustment but who cares. 

It became canon that Lolth tainted his soul just like the elves we captured for her, hijacking the reincarnation spell to twist this powerful rogue into a drow servant.  Since he was hellbound anyway for past sins, he doesn't seem to mind.

It's actually working out better than I expected, since I soon died and came back as an evil goblin.  My "light" spell became "no light", a crazily useful cantrip I can use to provide darkness for him to sneak attack from.  And since we both have darkvision (and thanks to shenanigans, our barbearian has tremorsense) the darkness doesn't hamper us.  Unlike the level 2 darkness spell, this level 0 spell (appropriately, from the Book of Vile Darkness) only blocks mundane light sources - darkvision is unhampered.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: January 24, 2015, 11:13:40 pm »

Got greased by some Warp Spiders in the middle of the Bloodied Colosseum. The other Chaos Sorcerer runs over and picks me back up right as the Warp Spiders teleport back. I had a precious couple seconds to get a doombolt off (as I had no teleport ability with which to escape), but they teleported behind me in that time and killed me again. Other Sorcerer kicks it not long after, but his doppelganger Wraithlord is still messing them up.

Meanwhile, the Space marine Captain jump-jets out of the fight and starts running while the Warp Spiders chase him down. He eventually stops for a few seconds to knock out a Shuriken and he dies from the overwhelming firepower of all the Eldar.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: January 25, 2015, 09:29:33 pm »

Nightmare Cacodemons are just straight-up unfair.
They spam these giant lightning balls the moment they see you.
They shadowstep to evade every other shot I fire at them.
Did I mention the lightning balls can instantly shut down my shield via EMP, irradiate me, and slow me?
Then there's this annoying tendency for them to show up in groups while I'm in narrow corridors or precariously balanced on a platform?
Seriously, those lightning balls. They take up a third of the screen and once I dodge the first one there are three more coming at me.

Then again, I probably could've avoided this if I didn't minmax my shotgunner, but still.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:36:59 pm by Blaze »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: January 25, 2015, 09:32:12 pm »

I didn't want to have to do this... but you leave me no choice.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: January 25, 2015, 10:15:52 pm »

It appears to be Doom but with mods. Lots of mods. Probably DoomRL Arsenal. I know DoomRL has nightmare versions of monsters, and DoomRL Arsenal adds a bunch of content from DoomRL into the actual Doom FPS. Didn't know Arsenal added nightmare monsters though. Must be new. Or I'm wrong.

It's almost certainly some kind of Doom game with mods though, Taw.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13826 on: January 25, 2015, 10:20:09 pm »

That does not change the fact that he didn't say what game it was.

Was almost to the exit when wizard's need of food (badly) got the best of him.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: January 26, 2015, 08:40:55 am »

Smashing tubines, my car starts burning, so I leave to knock one down with my hammer. It starts coming down, and I run.  I didn't run fast enough. That the whole thing toppled over in the direction I ran didn't help.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: January 26, 2015, 08:43:48 am »

I didn't want to have to do this... but you leave me no choice.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83528.msg5936123#msg5936123
  Squeeee~

Also: I made my flyer take a dip in the magma.

DF
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: January 26, 2015, 10:22:49 am »

Figuratively rather than literally (though that *one* part in particular was much closer than I'd have preferred), but I picked up a particular old game for a nostalgia runthrough after glancing through my old games.  Three words: Ocean. House. Hotel.  Holy devil, even remembering the trick, that place is still...

Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1575