Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370625 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12165 on: June 09, 2014, 01:44:03 am »

Of all the zones I've been to, Tanaris has got to be the most depressingly empty one of them all. I have seen absolutely nobody since I got there. Also I'm slightly under leveled for the area, so I occasionally get mobbed by the fauna. hooray for ice barrier not being that effective anymore!

World of Warcraft.

Edit: Also, wiped many times on Stratholme before the instance group just gave up.

Be lucky.  :o

Every time I'm their; I get constantly mobbed by hordes of Horde PC's...

The horror... ._.

Huh, I actually liked tanaris.  I would hang out there a lot, even back before cata, not really doing anything meaningful, just taking in the scenery.  My cow-cat would attack people from time to time, but I wouldn't attack anybody significantly lower level or gear than me.  (menacing was a different story, I would sometimes follow some poor alliance sap around and do the cat dance, but I wouldn't attack them unless they attacked me first.)

Ah memories, but I promised myself I was done with WoW after the 12th or so run of dragon soul with no loot left to obtain.

--------

Back on topic, I mixed up antibiotics and disinfectant, I had horrible infecting bite wounds on almost every body part and 2 full bottles of disinfectant, like an idiot I corrected myself only after the point where one of the wounds couldn't be treated with disinfectant anymore.  Started a search for some antibiotics which turned up bupkis, and ended up desperately trying to survive off of berries while trying to make my way to a river for water and vomiting every few minutes. 

Fended off some wolves with a few shotgun blasts, but attracted a giant worm which probably did some kind of drive by swallowing considering I didn't even see the thing pop out of the ground before I saw the death screen.

Fortunately the next char is already doing much better.

Cataclysm DDA
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12166 on: June 09, 2014, 02:58:58 am »

Of all the zones I've been to, Tanaris has got to be the most depressingly empty one of them all. I have seen absolutely nobody since I got there. Also I'm slightly under leveled for the area, so I occasionally get mobbed by the fauna. hooray for ice barrier not being that effective anymore!

World of Warcraft.

Edit: Also, wiped many times on Stratholme before the instance group just gave up.

Be lucky.  :o

Every time I'm their; I get constantly mobbed by hordes of Horde PC's...

The horror... ._.

Huh, I actually liked tanaris.  I would hang out there a lot, even back before cata, not really doing anything meaningful, just taking in the scenery.  My cow-cat would attack people from time to time, but I wouldn't attack anybody significantly lower level or gear than me.  (menacing was a different story, I would sometimes follow some poor alliance sap around and do the cat dance, but I wouldn't attack them unless they attacked me first.)

Ah memories, but I promised myself I was done with WoW after the 12th or so run of dragon soul with no loot left to obtain.

I'm definitely already sick of the three dungeons in my level range. They're huge, had barely any quests and no loot with +crit (important for a fire mage). They're still the most efficient way to level grind though, and I'm only two levels away from having a death knight.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12167 on: June 09, 2014, 04:07:25 am »

I personally find Cookie Clicker more interesting than World of Warcraft.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12168 on: June 09, 2014, 04:09:23 am »

I've never played, but I have no desire to immerse myself in MMO, mostly because of that culture.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: June 09, 2014, 04:29:10 am »

Most of the players I've met have either been friendly enough or completely silent as they went about their business. People only tend to get irritable in PvP, and even then it's no worse than any other game with strangers on the Internet. I've never been on any forums or discussion boards though, and my guild isn't super-competitive.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12170 on: June 09, 2014, 09:08:59 am »

I used to be hooked on Runescape, so it's a good thing I never tried a real MMO. 

Excepting Ingress, the team-based MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Outside RPG) which got me sunburned this weekend as our 10-person raid team ran from portal to portal all across town.  We were one team of roughly 20... on our side... in this particular town (It was a periodic global event).  So much achievement progress and AP (XP).  To level up at this point I need to interact with new portals, which means going to other cities or towns.  Google have created something insidiously healthy here.

It's not a death, but I did break about a hundred bones.  It wasn't jumping off the sky-skyscraper that did it, it was landing on one.

AAaaAAaaaaAAAaAAaAAAAaAAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaAaAaaaaAAAaAAAAaaAAaA: For The Awesome (Level pack for A Reckless Disregard For Gravity)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: June 09, 2014, 11:20:20 am »

Accidentally burned my only Cure card blocking one of Cloud's attacks. Couldn't reload my deck quick enough, although I'm not sure how I broke his Cross-Slash since I don't recall tossing a 0-value card during my frantic attempts to swich to the reload option.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12172 on: June 09, 2014, 12:00:16 pm »

I still miss City of Heroes, it was one of the only MMO's I'd ever seen where actual roleplaying was welcome, and where I actually felt like doing it.

I think the closest I'll ever come again to playing and MMO and enjoying it are the NWN1 servers that still exist. I recently played a zombie-apocalypse themed one (but still all medieval), and was zombified but no one's managed or bothered to re-kill me so I could respawn yet, so I've actually leveled up as a zombie.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: June 09, 2014, 01:04:31 pm »

God I miss City of Heroes ;_;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12174 on: June 09, 2014, 01:43:36 pm »

I'm sad that I never had the chance to play City of Heroes.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: June 09, 2014, 08:43:27 pm »

I never played City of Heroes, but DC Universe Online might be up your alley, if you're interested.
The F2P model is questionable, but the game is still fun for a while.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12176 on: June 09, 2014, 08:45:49 pm »

Tried DC Universe and Champions Online. To me, neither stack up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12177 on: June 09, 2014, 09:28:56 pm »

Accidentally burned my only Cure card blocking one of Cloud's attacks. Couldn't reload my deck quick enough, although I'm not sure how I broke his Cross-Slash since I don't recall tossing a 0-value card during my frantic attempts to swich to the reload option.

It's been a while, but isn't there a button you can press to quick-skip to the reload action? Either way, keep your Cures at the end of a deck to avoid accidental healing and make it easier to heal + reload during those annoying boss fights.  :)

On-topic: Not really a personal death, but I'd been conquering the known galaxy with first-tier long-range missile boats, classed 'Javelins'. I destroyed one major empire with them, and had wiped out the initial fleets of a second... when they deployed their SIMICs. SIMICs come armed with countless beam weapons, which is unfortunate since my Javelins predate the invention of deflectors. They also have enough health to survive my initial attack volley, which was my primary strategy in previous fights. Worst of all, the AI started using an anti-missile card, which simultaneously cripples my offense and negates my favoured Tactics card for pure offense.

Long story short, my previously-unstoppable fleet found itself outmatched and forced into a series of offensive retreats, even with my overleveled Pilot hero leading them.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: June 09, 2014, 10:59:58 pm »

Sucked to death by a bunch of women who were not wearing any pants. This "Tournament" seems suspect.

(ok only the snake one actually used blood suck, the other just used HP absorb)

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12179 on: June 09, 2014, 11:42:54 pm »

Star made update. Pirate turrets managed to kill my sorely underpowered fighter. I need to figure out how to use this new system effectively.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1575