Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370586 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12135 on: June 04, 2014, 10:28:22 pm »

That theme music though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: June 05, 2014, 07:46:10 am »

Died due to starvation. Maybe I should have put aside the mining side quest until later. Finding food requires a ton of luck in this game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: June 05, 2014, 09:06:11 am »

I've got a strong squad wandering around in the wilderness, doing a "harvest a wolf asshole" type of quest when I spot a medium-strength group of bear-like creatures.

My squad is made up of three heroes and two custom knights. The opposition is two of the aforementioned whatevers. They have a third of my attack and 0 defense to my ~35. This should be easy. But then they get the initiative and one makes a beeline for the most important hero, me.

Attack.
Maul.
Maul.
Maul.
Maul.
Dead.

Fallen Enchantress. Maul is an ability used by certain creatures and weapons. If your last attack hits, you immediately attack again with the same chance to hit. Repeat until you miss. Since I'm fairly early in the game, I'm pretty sure my chance to dodge is in the low teens. I've improved my init since then. My plan is to kill everything with maul before they get close enough to do it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:08:21 am by Mephisto »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: June 05, 2014, 09:32:48 am »

Yeah, there are games with enemies like that. Real pain. A single enemy with maul and high chance to hit can easily take out a far stronger enemy. I.E.: In theory, a bear with maul could beat a tank because tanks are hard to miss. Even more so if flanking in the first attack, I think.
(Been a time since I played FE)

My own death:
Replaying the game from the second one (I dunno, first just doesn't feel good enough for me). I'm at Recruit Archangel mission, when you have to go and close shutters. I'm playing on Hardcore difficulty. I close the first shutter, then head into the narrower passageway with all the obstacles. I easily pick off the vorcha until the corner. After the corner, there's a vorcha pyro which practically instakills me. I tried again and again with varying tactics, but couldn't really find a way to kill it with first shot (I later found shooting the gas tank instakilled while headshot didn't). Eventually, I sent Jacob in alone to divert its attention while I let off a short-range barrage of heavy pistol fire.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: June 05, 2014, 03:23:56 pm »

Yuppers.  I liked it best of all the gba ones too.

Beat the dragons with the power of timing and ill advised holy water and Thunderbird's str boost.  Then, on the way back to the save room, a specter pops up in front of the door!  Sigh.  They do 25 damage to my rather frail body, its not fair they are infinite in numbers and can pop up wherever they want.
 >:(

Castlevania

Circle of the Moon was one of the more interesting Metroidvanias on the GBA, but it lacked a little polish. I still prefer AoS due to polished game mechanics and controls, but it's too easy. HoD had an awesome entrance theme, but I believe that was it. Easily one of the most lacking Metroidvanias.

Vol Dragonfire to the face.

I would argue that the game stuck with what the series was known for while experimenting with a magic system in a way that was just too complex for 4 buttons and a D-pad.  But ehh.

---

Damn barbarian uprising.  Gandhi got the spawn, but that didn't stop them from going after my close by city that was making a  late grab for the Stonehenge.  Random events consistently try to screw you over in the first 200 turns.  I've been crippled and a few times outright killed by them :|

CIV
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: June 05, 2014, 04:11:33 pm »

Of all the zones I've been to, Tanaris has got to be the most depressingly empty one of them all. I have seen absolutely nobody since I got there. Also I'm slightly under leveled for the area, so I occasionally get mobbed by the fauna. hooray for ice barrier not being that effective anymore!

World of Warcraft.

Edit: Also, wiped many times on Stratholme before the instance group just gave up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:11:01 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: June 05, 2014, 06:35:51 pm »

Second part of the swamp + 7 throwing knives + no other ammo + no health items + ranger mode = pain

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: June 05, 2014, 08:17:41 pm »

After murdering all my enemies, Modo popped out from the fountain and dragged me to his mad science dungeon.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: June 05, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »

I had set out for the zombie hellhole that is in the north western part of Zaton. I mowed down maybe 8 zombies from long range, and closed some. My AK-74 had very few bullets left so I was rolling with my makarov. I got close and then heard the siren. Sigh. Of course an emission happens now. I flee the zombies, and head for some tunnels. As it turns out these tunnels are filled with chemical anomalies. But those barely got me. The real killer here is those flame fuckers that just fly around. They insta kill me. They insta killed me about 6 times in a row, due to my inability to notice the little shits. All of my rage ever.

Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: June 06, 2014, 05:14:48 pm »

AAAAA STUPID EIGHTIES ASCII A'SPLODING GAS SPORES

AAAAA

Spoiler: SPOILERSPOILER (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: June 06, 2014, 08:58:15 pm »

Stratholme: Main Gate has wrecked every single group that I've joined. It's harsh enough that all of my high-damage spells cause AoE damage and pull about 50 mobs from all directions, but most of the bosses absolutely crush tanks. It's the first dungeon where I've really had to be careful about what I cast and when, lest I get us all swarmed.

World of Warcraft.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: June 06, 2014, 09:03:29 pm »

Stratholme: Main Gate has wrecked every single group that I've joined. It's harsh enough that all of my high-damage spells cause AoE damage and pull about 50 mobs from all directions, but most of the bosses absolutely crush tanks. It's the first dungeon where I've really had to be careful about what I cast and when, lest I get us all swarmed.

World of Warcraft.

I think the zombies and stuff can be pulled in groups of about 8-12 or so. That place isn't too fun what with the running back and forth looking for keys to open gates. If I'm thinking of the right place that is.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: June 06, 2014, 09:05:41 pm »

There were zombies in the starting basement

C:DDA
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: June 07, 2014, 12:26:08 am »

World of Warcraft.

I think the zombies and stuff can be pulled in groups of about 8-12 or so. That place isn't too fun what with the running back and forth looking for keys to open gates. If I'm thinking of the right place that is.

There are keys, but apparently they haven't been required for a long time now. I never saw a use for them anyway.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: June 07, 2014, 03:36:33 pm »

Can't build up suitable defences fast enough. I can get a ground perimiter but then don't have time for anti-air so my infrastructure at the rear gets destroyed and I run out of energy and can't get it to the front and die.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1575