Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372196 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11850 on: May 06, 2014, 09:10:47 pm »

Huh. Gaping dragon. Alright, seems easy. I've honed my dragon hunting skills over years of playing the Monster Hunter series. Alright, fire some arrows, lob a few fire orbs in, slashy slashy, alright shield up, WHAM. HOLY SHIT THAT HURT. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. From full health to a sliver through my shield. Yikes. And yeah, I chugged a flask in the wrong spot. Whoops. Now I gotta slog through all those damn slimes again.

Dark Souls. Okay, next time, don't count on tanking the giant dragon's attacks.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11851 on: May 06, 2014, 09:17:53 pm »

Tip: Circle strafe and try to bait him into slamming his teeth into the ground, then run up to his side and hit him ONCE. This will usually cause him to walk forward slowly with his mouth still to the concrete - stay out of his way, cause it hurts when he hits you during this. After a few paces he'll stop and stay still for a few seconds. At this point run to his tail and beat the hell out of it; getting rid of his tail nets you an OK weapon if you're a STR build and also limits his attack options. But yeah, this is all you really need to do during this battle. If you're Human, you can summon Solaire and Lautrec (if you freed him and he's still alive, that is) near the stairs down to Gaping Dragon, but I really would not count on them, and you can beat him without them. I've never kept Solaire alive during that fight, and Lautrec is a 30/70 split on living/dying.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11852 on: May 06, 2014, 09:21:48 pm »

-snipsnap-
Also, you do quite a bit more damage smacking his head. If you don't care for the weapon, running to the head to hit it is a better option, though cutting the tail makes the fight safer.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11853 on: May 06, 2014, 09:24:23 pm »

Well. 'Twas the tail-swipe that got me, because if I've learned anything from fighting huge monsters in various locations, it's to stay away from the end with all the pointy teeth. Admittedly, this is hard when half of it's body is a mouth, but still, principle counts. I'll get the bastard sooner or later, and I'll give your strategy a shot.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11854 on: May 06, 2014, 09:26:40 pm »

I struggled with the Gaping Dragon initially, but found it quite easy when I got Solaire and another player to come help - they cut off ol' Gapey's tail, and then left it to me - which was easy, now that i'd learnt its patterns.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11855 on: May 06, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

Divine Aethlings... Man, those guys were a lot harder than I expected. ._. They took down like 6 guys per one of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11856 on: May 07, 2014, 02:09:26 am »

Had a few minutes to kill, and decided to track down the intended victim of the Crushed Eye Orb. After it reacted in the vicinity of <REDACTED>, I used the orb to start an invasion.

Turns out, there is a particular point-blank AoE spell that really hurts. Especially when you're trapped in a small arena with an angry ex-NPC. My dodge wasn't long enough to evade the nuke, and it took off over half my health with a single cast. I tried hiding behind a pillar to heal.

I promptly discovered that this particular AoE attack goes through pillars when it was cast a second time.
YOU DIED

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11857 on: May 07, 2014, 03:47:15 am »

Rule of thumb: Pillars in Dark Souls are only there to comfort your mind. Until something smashes through them... and you.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11858 on: May 07, 2014, 05:51:23 am »

Various and sundry ways, mostly falling off things. And in one memorable case being fallen upon by a thing.
Dark Souls II
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11859 on: May 07, 2014, 11:49:04 am »

(Last night)
Dark souls, Dark souls, Dark souls. I thought we were over the whole "clip through the map on the way to your bloodstain" thing.

DSII
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11860 on: May 07, 2014, 02:04:25 pm »

Peter DoWed me at Friendly after trading me construction for . . . calander? Que my wtfing out of the game.

CIV.
The AI in C-EVO does that as well. They'll be perfectly friendly, offering you non-aggression pacts, friendship treaties, then start badgering you with tech-swap proposals. Once they have all you've got, WAR.

Assuming they don't follow a Fundamentalist government, then they'll war right off the bat unless you are Fundie too, but Fundamentalism is a crappy government.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11861 on: May 07, 2014, 03:26:12 pm »

Thats just it.  My military was ranked 2nd for most of the game, 4th after the 'Wang Kon pileup' started.  It was I think because I demilitarized my border with him.  When I switched to monarchy I piled my remaining warriors into the border cities because he was on the ocean.  And I wasnt done expanding peaceably.

Crafty Peter.  Bad.  Stop acting out of character. :|  DoW at friendly is Catherine's gimmick.

---

Anywho he shared my religion, a few techs, and I was one of only two borders he had (compared to my 5).  He was in the tundra/cold, so I guess the urge to expand trumps friendship?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:28:45 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11862 on: May 07, 2014, 05:11:00 pm »

Fightan tha Gaping Dragon. Slice off his tail, get him down to quarter health, "You have been disconnected from LIVE". Wait, what? *Game restarts. No. No no no. Load game, start outside the barrier.

Fuck.

Dark Souls.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11863 on: May 07, 2014, 05:12:12 pm »

Fuck Hammerball.

Hammerfight

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11864 on: May 07, 2014, 05:13:26 pm »

Got damn it, JUST GET TO SECTOR 8, no not you over-powered ship on sector 7...
AHHHHHHH

Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 1575