Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372232 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11685 on: April 26, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »

So, how exactly are you supposed to deal with Bed of Chaos? I've beaten Dark Souls twice now. The first time I beat her with no trouble. The second time she fucking goaltended the root leading up to the parasite and kept sweeping me out of the goddamn arena so I had to run all the fucking way back through Lost Izalith since I wasn't a Chaos Servant +2 on this character. I mean, I eventually beat her (and my last death that game was once to Gwyn, before I found out you can parry him and he becomes piss easy) but what the hell? How do you stop her from doing that 'imma sweep my hands in front of me' bullshit over and over long enough to get to that root normally? 'Cause I think I just lucked out both times I beat her.

Dark Souls. Yes I was mad. I doubt anyone's surprised. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11686 on: April 26, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »

Dear Tactics Ogre:

Stop holding my hand and let me control my own healers.  kthx.

---

4 casualties because the leader want to hide in the shrubbery and we don't have good ranged attack yet.  I was okay with 2, but wasting 2 on the boss is silly.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11687 on: April 27, 2014, 12:03:06 am »

Because of itsnotlogical, I decided I'd sit down at my PS2 and play Metal Gear Solid 2 on Extreme difficulty, rather than the usual Hard.

I have but one thing to say so far. Olga Gurlukovich... You are a douche.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11688 on: April 27, 2014, 12:43:31 am »

Entered a new area for the first time.

Invaded by not one, but two phantoms. Must be a covenant around here or something.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11689 on: April 27, 2014, 01:05:49 am »

Note to self: when rebooting your nanofield, remember to put points into heath.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11690 on: April 27, 2014, 02:24:22 am »

Invaded by not one, but two phantoms. Must be a covenant around here or something.

Was it hidden behind a contraption? If so, yeah, those are full of covenant-related invasions. Most of the invaders also seem to be dishonourable scum, though maybe that's my sub-par luck. And I did get punched out by Mike Tyson in there, which was kind of awkward.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11691 on: April 27, 2014, 02:32:26 am »

Was it hidden behind a contraption? If so, yeah, those are full of covenant-related invasions. Most of the invaders also seem to be dishonourable scum, though maybe that's my sub-par luck. And I did get punched out by Mike Tyson in there, which was kind of awkward.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11692 on: April 27, 2014, 02:47:51 am »

After near-effortlessly beating stages 1 and 2 of the flagship, my deathship armed with 3 Flak Is and a pike beam fell to the wrath of a mind controlled mantis and boarders. Fucking bullshit.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11693 on: April 27, 2014, 03:18:47 am »

Darn penguins, crampin' my style.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11694 on: April 27, 2014, 10:05:57 am »

Because of itsnotlogical, I decided I'd sit down at my PS2 and play Metal Gear Solid 2 on Extreme difficulty, rather than the usual Hard.

If she's shooting at your cover, don't try to attack. Only move when she does. Gotta go for headshots, but it's more important that you just hit her before she spots you aiming at her.

Don't try crawling or shooting her between the crates. It's too tough to be worth trying, but some people can pull off that strategy. Relying on baiting her grenade attack requires fast aim, and I can't aim that quick. I prefer relying on my moving skills to get behind her and give me time to take a shot.

You have no idea how hard it's going to get. Once she's nearly dead she'll use the searchlight, and you'll have tiny three second windows to shoot her while she's throwing grenades at you. While blindly guessing where she's standing with bullets.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11695 on: April 27, 2014, 10:27:38 am »

Apparently a potato machine gun capable of, and previously used for, destroying a 2-inch thick steel door is not enough to deter a horde of steroid-high jocks, no matter the casualties. And what the hell happened to my backup guys with bottle rocket launchers?

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11696 on: April 27, 2014, 11:11:55 am »

If she's shooting at your cover, don't try to attack. Only move when she does. Gotta go for headshots, but it's more important that you just hit her before she spots you aiming at her.

Don't try crawling or shooting her between the crates. It's too tough to be worth trying, but some people can pull off that strategy. Relying on baiting her grenade attack requires fast aim, and I can't aim that quick. I prefer relying on my moving skills to get behind her and give me time to take a shot.

You have no idea how hard it's going to get. Once she's nearly dead she'll use the searchlight, and you'll have tiny three second windows to shoot her while she's throwing grenades at you. While blindly guessing where she's standing with bullets.
...Oh. That's good to know. You see, normally I'm the Fastest Gun In The West™ and am able to face her head on, moving behind cover to dodge her shots if she saw me, but on this difficulty she's so fast and can kill me in a couple shots.

And the searchlight hasn't caused trouble for me in a long time, because I just shoot it out either before or after she points it at me. :P

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11697 on: April 27, 2014, 11:18:11 am »

You can't break it on Extreme. *laughs maniacally*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11698 on: April 27, 2014, 11:30:01 am »

You also cannot shoot away the tarp, if I recall, but it eventually flies away on its own.

I remember beating it on Extreme. During the button mashing part I had to plug in a PS1 controller that had turbofire, and I still nearly died. Apparently it was a slow turbofire, since I used the same controller on MGS1(note: Ocelot determines if you're cheating by how fast the button presses, so it's actually possible for him to call you out even if you're not simply because you're pressing the button too fast).

I don't remember how I beat Vamp. I think I used Stingers a lot, but I think in the end, knife beat anti-aircraft missile.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11699 on: April 27, 2014, 11:36:33 am »

You also cannot shoot away the tarp, if I recall, but it eventually flies away on its own.

I remember beating it on Extreme. During the button mashing part I had to plug in a PS1 controller that had turbofire, and I still nearly died. Apparently it was a slow turbofire, since I used the same controller on MGS1(note: Ocelot determines if you're cheating by how fast the button presses, so it's actually possible for him to call you out even if you're not simply because you're pressing the button too fast).

I don't remember how I beat Vamp. I think I used Stingers a lot, but I think in the end, knife beat anti-aircraft missile.
When you damage Olga enough she shoots it away herself.

Ocelot only claims that. I've never used a turbo, but everyone in the online community says that they've used turbos on him without consequence.

You can cheese Vamp with stingers as he's performing his bow/taunt at the start of the fight, making it the easiest fight in the entire game. Only works on PS2, not the HD versions, though they're still a good weapon during the fight. You also need to have some left over after the harrier battle. Which you're lucky as shit if you somehow have the foresight to grab the ammo pickup once he's almost dead.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:40:07 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 1575