Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372248 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11670 on: April 23, 2014, 03:03:05 am »

Masochist run of MGS2: Extreme difficulty, all tags, game over if discovered, no killing (except one guy on the tanker but that was an accident). Pick a room, any room; I have likely game over'd on it many times already.

Metal Gear Solid 2.
Not European Extreme? That one has no rations. How far are you?

Started Plant, got to Stillman and disabled two C4. I'm mostly worried about the button mashing bits on Arsenal Gear though, those are the only parts that have forced me to abandon a playthrough :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11671 on: April 23, 2014, 08:54:15 am »

Masochist run of MGS2: Extreme difficulty, all tags, game over if discovered, no killing (except one guy on the tanker but that was an accident). Pick a room, any room; I have likely game over'd on it many times already.

Metal Gear Solid 2.
Not European Extreme? That one has no rations. How far are you?

Started Plant, got to Stillman and disabled two C4. I'm mostly worried about the button mashing bits on Arsenal Gear though, those are the only parts that have forced me to abandon a playthrough :P
Yeah it's tough. Last time I got it on the first try and was extremely excited. :3 Dread the Vamp battle, the sniping, and the RAY fight though. Sniping was the hardest part for me last time, and Vamp fight I had to cheese him, which I've never done before but I don't regret it at all!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: April 23, 2014, 06:38:29 pm »

Strut D. I drag a guard back to what little cover there is near the entrance and try to hold him up. Raiden auto-aims somewhere across the room instead of at the guard right in front of him. God dammit raiden.

MGS2
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11673 on: April 24, 2014, 12:34:16 am »

Civ V: Brave New World (with a few mods)
what mods? how to find? are they multiplayer?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: April 24, 2014, 12:16:15 pm »

Did some region modding, and created a character to test it out.  Open the shelter doors and see some elderich horrors a few map tiles away.  I leave the shelter hoping they didn't see me, no such luck.  I seem unable to outrun them so I ready my pipe and hide behind a saw palmetto bush. 

Unfortunately the small amount of damage and slowdown from the bush was not enough assistance to melee an endgame critter to death with a piece of locker.

Cataclysm DDA modded
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #11675 on: April 24, 2014, 05:17:26 pm »

Did some region modding, and created a character to test it out.  Open the shelter doors and see some elderich horrors a few map tiles away.  I leave the shelter hoping they didn't see me, no such luck.  I seem unable to outrun them so I ready my pipe and hide behind a saw palmetto bush. 

Unfortunately the small amount of damage and slowdown from the bush was not enough assistance to melee an endgame critter to death with a piece of locker.

Cataclysm DDA modded
Just curious to what mods?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: April 24, 2014, 09:23:44 pm »

Managed to fight off multiple zombies, then found a fire-enchanted longsword.

Then I was killed by a giant, fireball-spitting frog. Then the game crashed.

I better still have that sword.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E: Damned turtles and their damned hammers.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:43:30 am by BlackFlyme »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: April 25, 2014, 02:26:58 am »

Strut E. I only had one M9 shot left, and forgot to get the SOCOM suppressor back in Strut F. There are five guards and three security cameras in the tiny room, and there's only a two-second window to get past all of them and exit the other side of the strut.

About twenty minutes of swearing and game over-ing later, I made it across the strut forgot to save before turning off the Xbox.

fffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

MGS2.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: April 25, 2014, 02:02:51 pm »

"Hey let's do a practice run of Irukul. How bad could it be?"
Dropping down into the hallway escape scene, I took over a thousand damage because I didn't land on the steps down. Then Irukul actually appeared and I was like "haha Irukul joke's on you I know the secret speed technique of sliding along walls". Turns out you have to keep yourself from just running straight into a wall and not going anywhere, which I failed to do. Irukul caught up, and beat me to death.

I used a free resurrection because it was practice mode, but by that time, Irukul was blocking the hall so I couldn't get past. He then proceeded to beat me to death a few more times until I was finally able to get around his fat butt.

When we got to the actual arena, I was like "okay we have to practice dropping stuff on him" and I climbed up to the ice ledges to drop boulders on him. Pushing boulders off cliffs is kinda hard, but accidentally slipping off to your death is easy.

So then we gave up dropping stuff because we kept falling off. We started to battle head-on. Turns out his way of turning around is to whip his whole body to the side, doing massive damage extremely quickly. Since there were just 2 of us, he kept doing that between us so we pretty quickly died from that. Large shields are able to block everything he can do, but not when the game decides "shift + W to use Heavy Stander and guard that deadly attack? nah, i'll make you go W + shift so that you roll right into it ha ha filthy human". Monster Hunter this ain't, so rolling into stuff basically equals death. This struggle went on for another 20 minutes or so.

By the end, my total deaths: 18. My friend's: 30. Bullshit levels: extreme.

Vindictus
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: April 25, 2014, 05:15:14 pm »

You guys should just spam Crossgun Kai.
Literally no way to lose.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: April 25, 2014, 05:34:00 pm »

-snip-
Just curious to what mods?
Spoiler: Off topic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:35:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: April 26, 2014, 03:07:11 am »

Finally reached the high-rank village quests, so I decide to make some new armor. Hunting a couple of Congalalas sounds simple enough.. right?

Nope, when I get hit by its farts (Seriously), I literally lose half my fucking health and it leaves me unable to use potions, thus allowing this pink ape to finish me off with just one attack. I didn't stand much of a chance, really.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: April 26, 2014, 11:55:05 am »

Deoderants man. Being a hunter means being crazy prepared. Anyway, my death, Narucaruga. Like a Tigrex on steroids. Gonna have to go beat the shit out of some Tigrex to get back into shape. Soon. Soon.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Secret Request: Narucaruga!, Rank Eight Urgent Quest.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: April 26, 2014, 12:00:59 pm »

Not quite killed, but damn near close to it.

Moose. Several of them. I kill one with my bow. Then another comes. Then another one. All this after taking down a pack of zombified wolves. And the zolves were easy. But these moose. It was like a goddamned violent orgy of sharp antlers. ...Which, if I read the moose's description right, was probably exactly what it was.

And after I dealt with the last moose, a goddamned raccoon comes after me.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: April 26, 2014, 12:49:44 pm »

Ambushed by a drow couple when playtesting my own game and checking out something else :)
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1575