Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369942 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11100 on: March 02, 2014, 04:40:21 am »

Built up a nice fleet consisting of an ISD and two Victory class ISD's with numerous frigates and missile gunships as support.

Moved to take a planet with a sizable neutral force, ended up with the AI player joining in and destroying my fleet with their selection of Mon Calamari Star cruisers. I thought my force was enough, apparently not.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Sins of a Galactic Empire mod.

Uh, if someone could either give me some tips or point me to a guide on fleet composition for this mod that'd be quite useful. Balance might not be really there in the mod but frigates and capital ships get blown up so quickly I don't know of any real counter beside mass starfighter spam, and that only really works as the CIS.

Really, I'm talking 10 tartan patrol ships getting blown up in the first 10 seconds of combat. Even Armada III or Sacrifice of Angels 2 doesn't have ships blown up that quickly.

Well, I can't give you any tips there, but I'm going to note that the entire point of the Empire fleet was psychological warfare as a main, afaik. So mass fighter squadrons make sense for main offense. The Empire relied on strength in numbers and that no one in their right mind would go up against them. (Quite a change for the worse/better after the Republic.)

So yeah, you could try spamming random ships, see how that goes, if at all possible. Unfortunately, I haven't played Sins of a Solar Empire in too long a time to remember anything for even the vanilla game... Sorry.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11101 on: March 02, 2014, 09:07:36 am »

Well, from what I remember of vanilla Sins, the best way to win is capships + bomber spam. Capships for their ability to soak and deal damage via special abilities, bombers because very few ships in the entire game can effectively deal with them, and those that can tend to be so fragile that your capships can deal wth them easily.

Again though, this is vanilla.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11102 on: March 02, 2014, 09:35:21 am »

Total Party Kill by a freaking tidal wave. I was chasing down summons on Bravely Default and didn't realise that you learned them as only a Blue Mage can!

Bravely Default, my current gaming crack.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11103 on: March 02, 2014, 12:09:49 pm »

THE FURY uses FLAMETHROWER!

It's super-effective!

NAKED SNAKE has died fainted!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Out on a patrol, the first navpoint has a group of four fighters. My and my wingmate take care of them, but my sensors and computer are shot up(why is it always those two?) Next navpoint, three groups of four fighters. I kill one, but the rest cripple me. Despite this, I start unloading missiles and guns like crazy, and kill 5 of them before they realized I was still a threat and kill me. I got the Order of the Wounded Lion for that.

The Devastator-class cruiser is aptly named. Four Graser(Gamma Ray Laser) cannons, plus Athena missiles. I one-shotted an enemy frigate with a Graser blast. One my first sortie with one, I took down eight capital ships. Would have been nine, but someone stole my kill.

My second sortie, I bonzai-charged their carrier. It wasn't ineffective, I took out the rest of the capships in its group. I noticed that it took far longer to jump out of the battle(carriers flee if a capital ship gets within gun range). The reason is because it was busy launching a squadron of bombers, which then destroyed me. Still, I got the Silver Star.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11104 on: March 02, 2014, 01:54:28 pm »

My opponent's down to a single hit, I've still got 20% life remaining. This fight's going in the bag, and I'll be getting ~4 extra achievements out of it. He just needs to drop his shield for a second...

Then, out of nowhere, I'm KO'd by a Great Spin Attack. Totally did not see him charging it. Dealt exactly enough damage to finish me off.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11105 on: March 02, 2014, 03:07:27 pm »

THE FURY uses FLAMETHROWER!

It's super-effective!

NAKED SNAKE has died fainted!

Oh! What difficulty?!

If you're patient and also want the Flame Camo a safe strategy is to use the Mosin-Nagant if you got it before you fought the End and fire at his head from the ends of the halls, but run away as soon you do so, whether you hit or miss, as he'll jetpack over to you and kick you as well as set you on fire. He can hear insanely well but the helmet makes him nearly blind, combine this with his short-range flamethrower and you just don't want to be close to him. He can hear you from the other sides of walls obviously so make good use of your D. Mic and other detection kit (other than sonar as he'll hear that) to be a sneaky bastard and get the drop on him.

Alternatively use the AK and try to hit his fuel tanks, which is a lot harder since you need to get behind him. Also if you deal enough damage to his body with bullets or a knife he'll eventually start complaining: "My suit!" His suit is breached and now he's vulnerable to flames, at which point you can try using white phosphorous on him.

If there's a lot of fire in the corridors that's messing with your camo index or is preventing you from running, there's red pipes along the walls that you can shoot. They should spray water out when you hit them and you can take advantage of that to control the flames. Also you can use it to put yourself out if you get torched but its faster to just switch uniforms, because that will put you out as well.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:33:01 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11106 on: March 02, 2014, 03:25:10 pm »

I already got 100% on this game, but I played it again for posterity after I realized that you can only have so much fun with it after you've completely beaten it while never reading a guide (something I was extremely proud of, but I digress).

Just as I used Shrykull in the boardroom, the game slowed down a bit. 2 of the glukkons got zapped before my PS2 made a noise and the game froze.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11107 on: March 02, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »

88 humans survived the plague in fucking goddamned piece of shit Greenland. Fucking Greenland.

Plague Inc. Evolved
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11108 on: March 02, 2014, 03:40:29 pm »

88 humans survived the plague in fucking goddamned piece of shit Greenland. Fucking Greenland.

Plague Inc. Evolved

One time, using the zombie plague, the entire world was wiped out except for the 60,000 odd people living in Iraq's Anti-Zombie area, funny thing was they all became infected and started cannibalizing eachother. It took like 5 years for the last ones to kill eachother.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11109 on: March 03, 2014, 12:22:00 pm »

So here I am, a chain smoker at the beginning of the end of the world.

Fuck.

So I scavenge for a while, build up skills, acquire clothing yadda yadda, when I realize - I'm running out of cigs. So I head into town, my trusty backpack and pipe equipped, and search. For ten hours. Over 20 houses, and not a single goddamn cigarette. It's getting late, and I've ventured pretty deep without covering my escape, so I decide to hole up in an abandoned store for the night, and barricade the doors and windows. Middle of the night, crash! is heard. I wake up, and not wanting to risk turning on my flashlight, wander over to the windows.

And into a fucking zombear.

"Useless McMelee has died from a zombear. You survived 6 days."

Cataclysm DDA: My newest meth addiction.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #11110 on: March 03, 2014, 04:16:35 pm »

Pst...Golfclub...
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11111 on: March 03, 2014, 04:17:40 pm »

When your dodge/melee is mid-level you can potentially block/dodge them in your sleep.  You see spam indicating you are blocking . . . while resting.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11112 on: March 03, 2014, 04:19:29 pm »

I was picking some flowers in the swamps near Morthal when I ran into an interesting half insane argonian my breton battlemage immediately recuted when out of nowhere this dragon landed next to me and bitch tail slapped me and sent me flying to a tree where I got stuck while that flying maggot was slowly making Lydia and Swamp Knight into it's lunch. When I finally managed to shake myself down that dragon had made it's way to the tree and chomped down on me and threw me to the bottom of near by pond, and then the fucker coverd it with it's ice breath, trapping me underwater to slowly drown to death while it took off and flew to who knows where...

Fukken dragon, I didn't even  get single hit on it. I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD ON MY WALL!

Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11113 on: March 03, 2014, 04:22:26 pm »

and then the fucker coverd it with it's ice breath, trapping me underwater to slowly drown to death

What~  What mod actually freezes water with frost magicks?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11114 on: March 03, 2014, 04:26:07 pm »

What~  What mod actually freezes water with frost magicks?
Fire And Ice Overhaul. It causes frost magick to spawn ice on impact. And when you get hit with lots of it while underwater...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 1574