Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369978 times)

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10635 on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:11 am »

Saw two juicy schooners that I incapacitated, but I didn't saw the frigate that was right around a rock and it promptly send me to Davy Jones' Locker...

Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10636 on: January 05, 2014, 11:22:20 am »

One cube, one simple Assimilator Cube and my entire 40~ strong fleet of Bre'll, Raptors and whatever else I had was as much use as a swarm of flies. I didn't even pierce the damn things shields, oh and did I mention the cubes shields get stronger the longer it's in combat?

Sins of a Solar Empire: Star Trek: Armada 3 mod.

Compared to the "Sacrifice of Angels 2" mod it's got more polish, unique models and custom effects. The Borg ships are generally much tougher straight up rather then deactivating for vastly increased repair rate like in SoA2. Also they're big, like the size of moons big.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: January 05, 2014, 11:26:04 am »

Pounced on by a giant space squirrel. At least it looked like a squirrel, anyhow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: January 05, 2014, 04:32:56 pm »

Died of dehydration while clutching onto the cardboard box holding all my medical supplies.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: January 05, 2014, 04:41:01 pm »

Playing a Hill Orc Fighter of Nemelex Xobeh. I decided to enter the Ice Caves after stumbling onto a portal in the Lair, and got through it pretty easily at first. I found a deep water river blocking the way to the treasure horde, and so I put on my ring of flight to get over there. In the horde, there was a nice axe with good enchantments and a fire brand. There was also a slightly better axe with an ice brand. That was when I made my first mistake.
You see, I wanted to build some more experience up before I delved deeper, since some of the Lair creatures were able to get pretty close to finishing me off. So, I went backwards through the Caves to level up more. I ran headlong into a Frost Giant. That was when I made my second mistake.
I didn't realize that frost giants were as tough as they were, since I could take down a Hill Giant at my state. I wielded my fire axe, and went diving in. That was when I made my third and final mistake.
When the fight predictably started going in the giant's favor, I just kept hacking and hacking. I was out of teleport and blink scrolls, sure, but I had pretty much just gotten a Legendary Deck of Summoning from Nemelex, and I had used an identify scroll on it to find out that a card of Repulsiveness was next. YASD.

DCSS
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: January 05, 2014, 06:11:07 pm »

Was climbing to the roof of a hospital to get a vantage point, when all of a sudden I was displaced by a few feet, and found myself not in the hospital anymore. The resulting 10 foot fall was apparently enough to kill me on the spot.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Dishwater

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: January 05, 2014, 07:53:10 pm »

I was tasked with slaying mutated zombies, their arms had grown to their ankles. This new strain could cause a serious threat to the outpost.
The mission location was only a few zones away, just before reaching the designated area a giant mutated man with extra arms twisted into a walking spider form attacked me.
I managed to avoid it for a time until it got one hit off me, I just survived.
I lost it passing into the next zone. Only later did I receive warning the thing was hiding there.
I met up with five others up to the same task when suddenly they were attacking us from all sides.
slowly they began to pick us off one by one, slain by the horde the rest of us continued to fight until I ran out of ammunition.
I threw the weapon aside and removed a chainsaw from my bag, I ran towards the horde waving the bloodthirsty saw in all directions. My companions all fall while I continue to take down foe after foe.
I try to reach  the other group in the distance.
A mutated woman with sharp tentacles from her arms surprised me and with a lethal stab went through the armour and killed me. I had failed my task and my country.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: January 05, 2014, 08:13:55 pm »

Apparently these Raw Shock look-alike monsters can kill you just by standing near you, even if their attack animation isn't playing or anything.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: January 06, 2014, 07:58:45 pm »

Playing as a Gargoyle Conjuror, and I was doing great. I'd gotten a demon sword from a scroll of aquirment before I even went into the Lair, and I had high skill with it. As I descended into the dungeon, searching for the Lair entrance, I came upon Harold. I fought for a bit, and he knocked off quite a bit of my health. I didn't really mind, though, because he barely had any health left. I just need to recast Iskenderun's Battlesphere, and-

You miscast Iskenderun's Battlesphere!
*BOOM*
You die...

DCSS
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: January 06, 2014, 08:56:52 pm »

What the fuck is a goddamn Wyvern doing on like the third fucking floor of the dungeon?

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: January 06, 2014, 08:58:26 pm »

What the fuck is a goddamn Wyvern doing on like the third fucking floor of the dungeon?

Boss fight!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: January 06, 2014, 09:04:40 pm »

Completely screwed up a battle. First, the second opponent in a row leads with a Special Fire-type, which are Aegislash's worst enemies. Overheat apparently doesn't apply it's self-penalty if you block it via King's Shield, so I opted to sacrifice Aegislash and revenge-kill with Greninja. Water beats Fire, right? Except for three facts:

* The Arcanine had a White Herb, so the Overheat that OHKO'd Aegislash did not cause a Sp.Atk penalty. Figures.

* The Arcanine had superior speed. I was really surprised at this, given Greninja's huge base speed advantage (122 over 95). Not sure if he'd gotten off a speed boost somewhere, or if the IV/EV/Nature difference really had that big of an impact...

* In my failed attempts to allow Aegislash to get a few Sword's Dances up, I'd allowed Arcanine to activate Sunny Day. That alone would've crippled Greninja... except Arcanine also had Solar Beam.  :o

Needless to say, my would-be revenge killer was outsped and OHKO'd. My Alakazam was not enough to finish off the trainer alone. Apparently I've still got a lot to learn... both about team composition, and about how threatening certain enemies can be!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: January 06, 2014, 09:35:21 pm »

Colossal titan regularly destroys half of the entire party in the first five seconds after he spawns. I was one of those that got killed as soon as the round started.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:21 pm »

METEORS INCOMING WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: January 06, 2014, 10:33:44 pm »

Colossal titan regularly destroys half of the entire party in the first five seconds after he spawns. I was one of those that got killed as soon as the round started.

would this be the attack of the titans fan game?
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 1574