Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373532 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10035 on: October 25, 2013, 12:48:55 pm »

Well, not a death, but I am stranded in the orbit of the moon with only a RCS jetpack for propulsion.

Kerbal Space Program. I think I overestimated the capacity of my lander.

EVA jetpack should be enough to escape Munar orbit. Once he's back around Kerbin, send up another craft and rendevous with him. Use remaining jet pack fuel to board the craft, then fly it back home. I just did this yesterday, coincidentally. Rescued Jeb after he was stranded around the Mun for 4 years.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: October 25, 2013, 01:55:00 pm »

Not death per se, but I've failed several times to drive from one end of the city to another. There's a timer, which is not affected by difficulty. An accident of any type, not going max speed through all of the twists and turns, or just not having a fast enough car spawn next to you result in you not having enough time to finish.

Twice I've gotten to the mansion courtyard, only to have the timer expire. If you've got a map marker in this game, driving into the general area is usually enough for a success. This time, however, you have to get out of your car, run up the lengthy stairs, and ring the doorbell, in addition to the issues I mentioned previously.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: October 25, 2013, 04:10:13 pm »

Well, not a death, but I am stranded in the orbit of the moon with only a RCS jetpack for propulsion.

EVA jetpack should be enough to escape Munar orbit. Once he's back around Kerbin, send up another craft and rendevous with him. Use remaining jet pack fuel to board the craft, then fly it back home. I just did this yesterday, coincidentally. Rescued Jeb after he was stranded around the Mun for 4 years.
Nope, Jeb's EVAing the entire thing back home. It's only a couple of science pods and goo pods anyway. But it's got a decent amount of science in it. And it should be possible to get the whole thing into an aerocapture with Kerbin.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:44 pm »

Okay that's it, I'm redownloading this.  Last time I played the Mun had just been added and I couldn't reach it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: October 25, 2013, 04:35:44 pm »

Nope, Jeb's EVAing the entire thing back home. It's only a couple of science pods and goo pods anyway. But it's got a decent amount of science in it. And it should be possible to get the whole thing into an aerocapture with Kerbin.
Wait, you can fire the jetpack while on the ladder?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: October 25, 2013, 04:40:59 pm »

Wait, you can fire the jetpack while on the ladder?
Who said anything about a ladder? I'm literally making him push the thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: October 25, 2013, 04:42:07 pm »

How do you make sure he doesn't slide off or past it?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: October 25, 2013, 04:47:38 pm »

How do you make sure he doesn't slide off or past it?
By having him push against the flat surface at the back. When he goes into the command pod to recharge his RCS pack, I realign the craft to be pointing forwards again. It works pretty decently.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: October 25, 2013, 04:52:44 pm »

Well, seeing as you can push without sliding off, and can recharge by going into the pod, then I think it's safe to say that you have discovered a miracle. This consideration makes many missions I have been struggling with now feasible.

One could adjust their apses with "getting out and pushing", then save the fuel/RCS for adjusting inclination and landing.

Enjoy your Nobel Prize. Or the Kerbal equivalent thereof.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: October 25, 2013, 08:31:26 pm »

The mental image is fantastic. "I've got to get this lander back home, it's chock full of SCIENCE!"

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: October 26, 2013, 01:08:29 am »

Trying to do all the arena quests. Starting off with the solo-only ones. I decide to take the quest to kill everybody's favorite, Plesioth.
He boxes me into a corner underwater and just spins like a jerk. I think I've figured his game out though: you can't fight him on the same level. Either drop down from above or come up from below and you should be able to dodge most of the attacks.

...not that anybody cares because nobody has this game

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
e: Plesioth isn't like you and me. Plesioth has no code to live by.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 01:28:01 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: October 26, 2013, 02:14:14 am »

I spotted a cluster of roughly 6 well-armed guards, ripe for the punching. I scoped out a nearby rooftop from which to plan my assault, and started gliding towards it. Moments later, no fewer than three ruby-red laser beams locked onto me; the resulting sniper blasts easily tore though my maxed-out ballistic armour on the first round, then finished me off with a second round seconds later as I desperately tried to get out of their range.

Guess I should've checked the watch towers before assaulting the main guards.  :o

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: October 26, 2013, 02:34:50 am »

In hindsight, bringing Acheron and a Graviton Charge to an Undead Danger Room was a really stupid idea.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: October 26, 2013, 03:20:59 am »

Ha, that's funny. I took so long getting around to buying the DLC I don't even need to buy it anymore. :P

Hm, last time I died...

An army of the Free People of Eriador besieged my city of Northern Thorbad, sadly my armies were elsewhere preventing Rohan and High Elves from picking away at my borders so I ended up losing the city... again. Ugh, it's leave a city with a minimal guard and the A.I will travel through hell and high water to take it from you regardless of where they start from.

Third Age: Total War mod for Medieval 2: Total War. Playing as Isengard.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: October 26, 2013, 06:15:06 am »

Walking through a field.
Forgot to turn on the good ol' mine detector.
KERBLAM

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1575