Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371456 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5355 on: April 01, 2012, 02:30:00 am »

A Dummy carrying some sort of single-shot rocket launcher managed an exceptionally good shot on my Heavy Browncoat. Despite being at nearly full health and flying through the air, the Browncoat was pulped instantly. I have to give that dummy mad props.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:03 am »

I got run over by a cop car, and the car just happened to stop moving, pinning me down and rapidly leeching my life.

GTA: San Andreas
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #5357 on: April 01, 2012, 08:23:55 am »

While I was lining up a rising pass on a Gotha, a Fokker D.VII dove on me and put a good long burst into my Sopwith Dolphin. A few seconds later I was 8,000 feet lower.

Rise of Flight (in multiplayer).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: April 01, 2012, 08:42:30 am »

I got run over by a cop car, and the car just happened to stop moving, pinning me down and rapidly leeching my life.

GTA: San Andreas
I had that happen so much XD
The best gta ever, imo.

Anyway, in hl2 episode 3 i died pretty spectaculary, look here for some exclusive beta previews!

Also, got shot by a goblin archer in the head, forgot to take a helmet.

EDIT:
Okay, who did i rickroll? :3
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:00:36 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: April 01, 2012, 08:45:29 am »

An enemy army managed a KDR of 0.4, in a fight where they were outnumbered 3-to-2 and were defending on a forest-covered hilltop. I won the battle and annihilated 85% of their army, but losing 600 men... I died a little inside.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: April 01, 2012, 10:25:28 am »

The usual: about the time I think "Hey, I should get a proper military force in order" I get ambushed by goblins and FUN ensues.

I had even constructed the site for maximum defensiveness by building in a series of small mountains, linking them with bridges, and then de-ramping the bases so there was only one ground-level entrance for the entire complex. Unfortunately, I still had a lot of civvies wandering the map, including some of my militia, who were then cut down before they could reach the barracks to arm themselves.

The trapped entryway killed at least one and maimed three others, but it wasn't enough.

I think the next fort is going to be a tundra/glacier/desert fort so there's absolutely no reason for anyone to be on the surface.

EDIT: Well. That was....interesting. Next attempt was in a haunted hills region with a volcano on a far northern island. Only gobbos as neighbors. The landscape was covered in evil grass, all the wildlife was zombies, and it more or less constantly rained repulsive fith. My party got ripped to pieces by zombie wild boars because they were too busy puking their guts out and trying to crawl to the nearest pool of stagnant water to clean themselves. I think the whole game went less than three days.

DOUBLE-EDIT:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:28:25 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: April 01, 2012, 01:30:55 pm »

GAME, RedKing. Even if we all know what it is, you must give us the title of the game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: April 01, 2012, 03:30:47 pm »

Stupid Wukong...

Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: April 02, 2012, 09:56:19 am »

A terrorist jumped from behind a corner and emptied a clip from his AK-47 into me at point-blank range.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: April 02, 2012, 10:01:41 am »

I found out that your generic soldiers can't handle bullets like Snake can.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: April 03, 2012, 11:57:19 am »

Mount&Blade: 1805 War of the Third Coalition mod.

Little off topic but is that mod any good?
[/quote]
I haven't played WF&S or 1755(or Warband at all for that matter), but 1805 is fun enough. Just don't try to download it from M&B Repository, since that will take forever. Get it from M&B Nexus instead.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: April 03, 2012, 02:33:41 pm »

>gathers a fleet of 40 ships to destroy Cardassians once and for all
>SUDDENLY gaseous lifeform visits!
>fleet is no more (my precious Mirandas! ;-;)

And then the Ferengi used the occasion and zerg rushed half of my planets >:C

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: April 03, 2012, 02:54:29 pm »

I got attacked by a dude in the Posting Station, fighting back resulted in me pissing off the shopkeeper's guard, who at my current level can kill me in one hit.

Way of The Samurai 3
*Hugs*

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: April 03, 2012, 03:02:13 pm »

Is WotS 3 better than 2, Merchant? I liked 2 all right but I thought it was pretty short. Also, is there character creation? Just asking because I always see a copy at the Gamestop and I always go through the 'should I get it or not' deal every time.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: April 03, 2012, 03:04:20 pm »

I had my ass handed to me what had to have been at least a dozen times by Shinobu during our sword duel. Mainly due to the speedy little bitch spamming special attacks(I never want to hear the phrase "Sonic Sword!" spoken again for the duration of my existence)each time she was sufficiently low on health.

It feels a tad pathetic that I was able to beat the two previous bosses on my first attempt, yet had all of my skill and patience tested by a jumpy little highschool girl...

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 1575