Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377050 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3390 on: August 14, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »

About 2 miles from base, returning after downing some Bf109s. Im flying rather steady, because as far as I know the area is clear, when all of a sudden, I hear bullets smashing into my plane. Next thing I know, my engine is smoking and carbon scorching is obstructing my vision. I eject over friendly airspace, just to have the bastard come around for another pass and shoot my parachute.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: August 14, 2011, 12:46:46 pm »

Shadow President again. Invaded Mexico. Everything was going well until China decided to invade India, and I tried to dissuade them by threatening to use nukes. China responded by nuking me. I responded by nuking them. Mexico responded by killing my whole army.

Then Congress locked me out of Shadownet for being a lunatic.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: August 14, 2011, 12:56:00 pm »

Got killed mid-dialogue when my trance ended.

Ten Desires :V

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: August 14, 2011, 03:48:00 pm »

Fell down my defense pit again, I didn't survive this time.

Cataclysm.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3394 on: August 14, 2011, 11:14:45 pm »

The OP mandated that you specify the game, people.

Anyway, those 3 Bandits in front of the bridge in Shrouded Hills. I shoot the leader to death with my gun, but his two Ogre butt-buddies proceed to pound me and my two companions into the ground.

You don't lead off with stun grenades or harm spells?

*Cough* good idea *cough*.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: August 14, 2011, 11:21:00 pm »

Apparently your ship can randomly sink into molten lava if you chill on an unstable planet.

Prospector, the roguelike one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: August 15, 2011, 12:42:25 am »

Wow! I never knew that unstable meant UNSTABLE. And that when we're talking about unstable planets we're talking about earthquakes, cracks in the earth, and volcanoes!

/NotInsultingYouI'mJustHavingFun.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:57 am »

i think his biggest problem is "Why the fuck did the crew let themselves be cooked to a crisp?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: August 15, 2011, 12:46:48 am »

I really don't think they did. His crew was very likely away from the ship. He died because WITHOUT A SHIP HE'S TRAPPED ON A PLANET WITH LIKELY LITTLE TO NO BREATHABLE ATMOSPHERE.

Even if the atmosphere is breathable, he's still trapped.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: August 15, 2011, 12:47:59 am »

I really don't think they did. His crew was very likely away from the ship. He died because WITHOUT A SHIP HE'S TRAPPED ON A PLANET WITH LIKELY LITTLE TO NO BREATHABLE ATMOSPHERE.
FUCK THE ATMOSPHERE, WE'LL DO IT LIVE*

*See: Bring portable oxygen scrubbers and distress beacons.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: August 15, 2011, 12:58:56 am »

Rundown:

Out looking for minerals, they constantly get fired onto the surface from erupting lava.
Ship is on the other side of the planet.
Randomly walking around, suddenly the ship sinks into the lava-laden earth after cracks formed.
'Game Over'

The planet, surprisingly, had breathable air. I only stuck around because I learned you could shoot rubble with lasers to destroy it.

Apollo struck me down with a lightning bolt after killing the other 4 crew in 2 turns.

Prospector, again.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:01:13 am by Jacob/Lee »

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: August 15, 2011, 01:40:07 am »

I got turned into a couch.  Then punched myself in my couchy gut and my fist came out the other side.

HateMOO
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3402 on: August 15, 2011, 01:47:58 am »

Anyway, those 3 Bandits in front of the bridge in Shrouded Hills. I shoot the leader to death with my gun, but his two Ogre butt-buddies proceed to pound me and my two companions into the ground.

Scratch that, just convince them you're from that underground thieves group or whatever and get him to leave.

Also, now i'm getting killed by those damn Zombies under the P. Schuyler building in Tarant. I think imma hold off on those fighting those things until i get some half-decent gear...

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: August 15, 2011, 01:50:50 am »

CtD errors count, right?
I was playing the Lord of the Rings mod for M:TW2, and while loading the map it crashed.
It was going to be an awesome battle though!
5 groups of Nazguls paired with 5 groups of Armored Trolls, with 5 groups of Uruk-Hais, with 3 groups of Uruk-Hai Archers and 2 catapults verses some dwarves in a fortress. But noooooo, CtD.
Before that, three groups of Nazguls and two of ATrolls fucked up an entire Gondorian army on their own, while only taking maybe 4 or 5 losses.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36:51 am »

Scratch that, just convince them you're from that underground thieves group or whatever and get him to leave.

Also, now i'm getting killed by those damn Zombies under the P. Schuyler building in Tarant. I think imma hold off on those fighting those things until i get some half-decent gear...

I do this bit by having my allies wait behind me, and then I pull just like old Everquest.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1575