Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377106 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18930 on: April 01, 2017, 11:36:53 pm »

My save was from a few turns before I ragequit, so I have to kill a cyberdisk again. Bo Ek, standing on the ramp of the Skyranger, launches a rocket at the cyberdisk just like before.

Unlike before, the rocket hits the wall and explodes inside the Skyranger, with over half the squad still inside.

OpenXCom's "savescum" option doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a better result for reloading.

X-Com: UFO Defense.

It could be worse. The first time cyberdiscs showed up, I had no idea they exploded. I killed one on turn one right next to my skyranger and the explosion instantly killed 3/4 of my soldiers (followed by all but one soldier being killed before turn 2, then that soldier getting killed too).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18931 on: April 02, 2017, 05:29:42 am »

I had an openxcom terror mission early/midish game where my first scout walked out, saw a sectopod, got back in the skyranger, and flew away.

I suppose that's mainly a death for the people that lived in that city.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18932 on: April 02, 2017, 05:32:44 am »

According to UFOpaedia, it's actually better to land at a terror mission and immediately fly away than to ignore it. Has something to do with how the aliens score points and countries decide to defect. Ignoring a terror mission is a huge penalty, whereas flying there and then immediately flying away is just a regular failed mission.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18933 on: April 02, 2017, 05:56:30 am »

-30 per civilian killed (down to -480) versus -1000 at the end of the month for ignored terror.

My death: Falling 2 z-levels into water while trying to climb between icebergs, then falling 30ish more z-levels through water and drowning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18934 on: April 02, 2017, 10:18:03 am »

They also temporarily released L4D2 for free a few years back, like literally as long as you downloaded it you just owned it for nothing.  Kinda destroyed their servers.

So you know.  Lottaaaaa people have that game on their computer, and not all of them necessarily played it at that time.

That's how I own the game, and I don't entirely suck, I promise!

Anyway, my own death(s)...

My own car (The BAC something or other) doesn't seem fast enough to outrun the cops for one of the "escape cops" missions. Nitrous is no help even if I use the entire bar - the cops are still able to catch up with me.

I crashed a lot trying that mission before giving up.

EA, I know you released Mass Effect 2 for free a few weeks back, but I'm still gonna say this: Fuck you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18935 on: April 02, 2017, 11:51:26 am »

Black lives matter.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18936 on: April 02, 2017, 11:56:34 am »

Yeah, shitty rubberband AI is a staple of the NFS franchise, especially in the newer games from what I hear. The only really reliable way to get a significant distance away from people is sometimes to just push them into things and make them crash.

EDIT: I just realized that advice is already given in that link. I probably should have read it first.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:12:22 pm by IronTomato »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18937 on: April 02, 2017, 12:42:41 pm »

Lemme know when you get good enough that you have a terror mission with sneks and rapeverlords in week two, and the first UFO of February has 'therials.  (Dear hells that was so very bullshit.)

In what game?
In original x-com, after all, Etherials literally can't appear until June, and Snakemen can't appear on terror missions until April.
Pretty sure they didn't change that for OpenXcom, either, unless you're running some kind of mod to change that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18938 on: April 02, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »

-30 per civilian killed (down to -480) versus -1000 at the end of the month for ignored terror.
[...]
Google Reviews
X-Com: 3 out of 5 stars
Failed to prevent my eyeball being penetrated by alien insect genitalia and an egg being laid in my brain.  I got to see a skyranger land and take off out my other eye while it was happening though and that looked pretty cool.
(12 people found this review helpful)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:10:28 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18939 on: April 02, 2017, 02:19:21 pm »

Lemme know when you get good enough that you have a terror mission with sneks and rapeverlords in week two, and the first UFO of February has 'therials.  (Dear hells that was so very bullshit.)

In what game?
In original x-com, after all, Etherials literally can't appear until June, and Snakemen can't appear on terror missions until April.
Pretty sure they didn't change that for OpenXcom, either, unless you're running some kind of mod to change that.

Playstation version, I don't know what exactly is different, but when they ported it to console a bunch of things happened to the game that don't seem to make much sense.  I suspect that along with stripping down the randomized elements of the game they managed to mess up the timetable.  I still have the save, and in February of the first year, I have two ethereal corpses on ice from that mission.  I just loaded it last night to check.

The PS version is glitchy as hell, and doesn't run well at all, so it probably was a bug, but dear hells did it hurt.  That lone ethereal from that medium scout I shot down wasted all but one of my soldiers in the first two turns.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:21:54 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18940 on: April 02, 2017, 06:46:29 pm »

Got shot multiple times (including several reloads) trying to pick up a scroll with a poem on it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18941 on: April 02, 2017, 08:46:04 pm »

operation 'fudgepacked' went well.

it was not a game over, nor even a technical defeat, but it was as painful as they come.

the game plots you into getting a doppelgänger of yourself killed, escalating the amount of baddie spawn points until you get it killed.  well i figured that since the super agents were disabled until he died id go on a crime spree and hit the hardest missions.

this attracted 2 hordes of pissed off africans, a good horde of American soldiers and ninjas, and they all bunched up into my entrance hall.  without automated guns any kind of assault on such a mob is suicide.

they took my barracks, my mess hall, and sec room.  they eventually died to fire from their own explosives and the respawning henchmen.  thank heavens for theor special moves, they would never get more than one standard attack off otherwise.

anywho, with 85000 dollars and 200000 of damage to replace i passed the mission, lost all my minions except for a 'seed stock' of experts i sent out, and i even managed to keep my roman ship i stole.  damn thing cost me the lives of seven spin doctors, who are apt the only real defense against super agents.  and soldiers like to shoot them so they arent always around when i need them

so i was set back about 45 to sixty minutes of rebuilding and cautious wealth grinding
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18942 on: April 02, 2017, 08:54:32 pm »

meteor
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18943 on: April 02, 2017, 08:57:31 pm »

Got shot multiple times (including several reloads) trying to pick up a scroll with a poem on it.

It's worth it because they're cool ninja poems. :P

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18944 on: April 02, 2017, 09:04:11 pm »

I stabbed a tree in the nuts.  It didn't like it.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 1575