Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373840 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17805 on: August 05, 2016, 11:34:09 pm »

❓❓❓ 👯 ❓❓❓
Well, now.  Unicode truly does have a character for everything.  Not sure if all of yours rendered properly, though; I can only see the fourth one.
🐇
All I see is ? ? ? [rabbit ear'd person] ? ? ?
I'm unsure if things do render here, but if a symbol is unidentifiable, it usually loads as a box. (Like � or even an empty box, which I can't find the symbol of under alt-codes).
But I can't find the bunny headband either, so woah o_O I'm saving that into my list! (That was real smooth, putting up a size 1 bunny. :P That goes in the list too!)
I found it on Wikipedia here. Once I noticed it, I just had to use it somewhere. :P Unfortunately my browser doesn't display the rabbit emoji, seems that it varies a lot what people see.

And if anyone is wondering, if you see three question marks and a girl with rabbit ears, then you saw the whole thing.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17806 on: August 06, 2016, 06:00:51 am »

Super Mutant Brutes and Masters. At least two-dozen of them in a great big conga line of death, starting from Murder Cave at Little Lamplight all the way to the end of my life where my bullet-riddled corpse sits.

I must be horrifically underleveled for this point in the main quest, because each group of these guys takes all my ammo to kill and there's two or three around every corner.

Fallout 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17807 on: August 06, 2016, 09:11:55 am »

❓❓❓ 👯 ❓❓❓
Well, now.  Unicode truly does have a character for everything.  Not sure if all of yours rendered properly, though; I can only see the fourth one.
🐇
All I see is ? ? ? [rabbit ear'd person] ? ? ?
I'm unsure if things do render here, but if a symbol is unidentifiable, it usually loads as a box. (Like � or even an empty box, which I can't find the symbol of under alt-codes).
But I can't find the bunny headband either, so woah o_O I'm saving that into my list! (That was real smooth, putting up a size 1 bunny. :P That goes in the list too!)
I found it on Wikipedia here. Once I noticed it, I just had to use it somewhere. :P Unfortunately my browser doesn't display the rabbit emoji, seems that it varies a lot what people see.

And if anyone is wondering, if you see three question marks and a girl with rabbit ears, then you saw the whole thing.
🗼

What's this? The Eiffel Tower? NOPE ITS THE TOKYO TOWER

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17808 on: August 06, 2016, 11:03:53 am »

👃🏼 out for 🐵
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17809 on: August 06, 2016, 02:10:47 pm »

noses out for chimp??????
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17810 on: August 07, 2016, 12:54:02 am »

dicks out for harambe I presume, but on the left all I see is a nose and a brown square
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17811 on: August 07, 2016, 10:20:49 pm »

Started a new party with random characters.  One was a short explorer with a nurturing personality, the other was a bandit with a beard like a shaolin monk (even tho he's white).  In the very first area, a rest stop with a few passive zombies, I manage to fuck up badly.  So badly that the short explorer gets eaten and the bandit takes over, and then the bandit is so wounded he's almost dead.

AFterwards he drives off in their (well, his now) sensible family car and a bee flies through the window!  Being a fearless and ruthless bandit, he thinks nothing of swatting it.  Unfortunately he misses and it stings him... the wound is lethal.

RIP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17812 on: August 08, 2016, 02:27:37 am »

Playing Gen 1 again in preparation for being able to transfer mons to Sun and Moon. I picked Pokemon Yellow because fuck trying to get Pikachu wild.

I forgot how much I hate Sand Attack.

Also, now that I think about it, your Pikachu in Yellow can't be traded or transferred by any means AFAIK. Which may include the future Pokemon Bank functionality. Shit.

Pokemon Yellow.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17813 on: August 08, 2016, 02:50:26 am »

I have vague recollections of being able to tranfer the pikachu from Pokemon Yellow onto the Pokemon Stadium game for the N64. It was a way to get a Pikachu with surf which also allowed you to play a minigame in yellow. There might've also been something to do with Pikachu and fly with balloons but it's not anything I had the equipment to attempt myself.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17814 on: August 08, 2016, 04:42:33 am »

Also, now that I think about it, your Pikachu in Yellow can't be traded or transferred by any means AFAIK. Which may include the future Pokemon Bank functionality. Shit.

You can. I'm not sure about using the Bank, but Yellow Pikachu can be traded. I think doing so does remove the flag that sets it as unique, though, since a traded one is possible to evolve when the untraded one will refuse to.

What's so hard about getting a wild Pikachu? They show up in Viridian Forest in Red and Blue(not Yellow).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17815 on: August 08, 2016, 04:43:45 am »

I never encountered a single one while I played Red or Blue, and I got all the way to Lavender Town before quitting.

Also, starting with one saves effort anyway. :P

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17816 on: August 08, 2016, 10:16:14 pm »

Tried to reach the edge of the Universe. Crashed.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17817 on: August 08, 2016, 11:35:17 pm »

Been playing on a localhost server with a friend and it was starting to feel too easy (especially after we got crossbows). He was not on tonight (and he's the host) so I joined some random server and decided to spawn on the north side... which is frozen. Did I mention you spawn completely naked and don't know how to make clothes from the start?

Obviously I died a few times, but I managed to die in an easy to locate spot so I just ran back every death with my stash of loot, and eventually managed to gather enough fiber and level up enough between deaths to learn to make clothes and a campfire. I made a ring of campfires, standing in the middle was enough to keep me warm even though I only had basic cloth clothes.

So I'm feeling pretty good about myself, I can take short breaks to run around chopping trees and picking berries before I have to run back to the campfires. I'm trying to see what I need to do to work on making a thatch hut when I hear a load roaring...

I peek around the rock I'm next to and see.... a goddamn tyrannosaurus rex barreling straight for me. I tried to run but I got stuck on some bit of scenery and it ate me.

WTF was a tyrannosaurus doing on a frozen tundra? Why didn't he freeze to death? I sure don't know, but it was still there when I respawned and started chasing me again so I just gave up and abandoned fort campfires.

ARK: Survival evolved.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17818 on: August 09, 2016, 05:07:31 pm »

Many, many deaths. Often in the same screen. The worst of it was several deaths trying to scale a vertical room with platforms that appear/disappear in a set pattern, with several enemies floating around. Repeatedly dying while trying to dodge them, finally just killed them one at a time, each time falling back to the entrance(only place to stand at the bottom), and slowly climbing back up. Then I find a room with a checkpoint on a platform in the middle with two death drops on either side, but didn't notice the spiky blocks coming from the ceiling. I get hit and am not able to climb onto the platform and reach Estylia before dropping to my death... sending me all the way back to the last checkpoint, requiring me to do that damn vertical platform room all over again.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17819 on: August 09, 2016, 05:49:57 pm »

Kill the first Mummy, go into the room after Lucatiel with the five swordsmen, pick up my bloodstain, die to five swordsmen swarming me at once. Rinse. Repeat.
Dark Souls 2
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1575