Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373819 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17820 on: August 09, 2016, 09:21:24 pm »

Finally unlocked Phantasm Stage

Phantasm Stage is just intensified Extra Stage. Most of the patterns I memorized are still valid, with some notable exceptions, and I make it to Yukari.

Yukari proceeds to assault my eardrums and my spirit at the same time and I get dunked on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17821 on: August 09, 2016, 10:39:18 pm »

Fawkes got stuck on a rock and I didn't notice until I was at the raider camp. Fawkes got stuck on a rock while I was fighting some Mirelurks. Fawkes got stuck on a rock when the Enclave was shooting rockets and plasma rifles at me.

I fought and killed a Yao Guai. Fawkes is nowhere in sight. I loot the Yao Guai. "Follower warning: Fawkes has died!"

The one time Fawkes didn't get stuck on a pile of rocks, he fell off a cliff and killed himself.

Fallout 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17822 on: August 10, 2016, 12:19:45 am »

Giant Rapid-Fire Demomen with Ubercharge Medics.

On the other hand, holy carp does the Cow Mangler 5000 get really powerful with upgrades.  explosionssssssss

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17823 on: August 10, 2016, 12:36:18 am »

I'm fine with dying to the Bellfry Gargoyles, since I had no idea that was the boss mist anyway, and I was more focused on preserving my souls then really fighting.
So I go back with a Homeward Bone at the ready and I feel prepared this time...

...except I got killed again by the Bell Keepers. The stupid midget phantom goddamn Bell Keepers.
40,000 souls down the drain. Fucking Bell Keepers.

Dark Souls 2
Black lives matter.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17824 on: August 10, 2016, 02:05:25 pm »

I apparently killed a friendly NPC by mistake.

Also, I died a fair few times learning the parry timing on Darkwraiths.

Oh, and bonewheels. Can't forget the bonewheels. They're half the reason I ditched the Tomb of the Giants (the other half being that I'm not sure if I want to keep trucking with the Lantern or dump the 4 points into intelligence I need to use Cast Light).

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17825 on: August 10, 2016, 08:45:44 pm »

Heavy losses once again, this time our air force has been decimated. We've still got Rudel, but we lost some of our best planes. Our ground units weren't much better off, either. Furthermore, our first use of a Tiger has been unimpressive, to say the least. Losing over half of its strength to an infantry unit on open ground. The '42 campaign is at an end, though. Kursk approaches.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17826 on: August 11, 2016, 12:23:44 am »

Fought a Lass with two Pidgeys. Of course, even one successful Sand Attack means that 99.9999% of your attacks miss, so all of my powerful (for this stage) mons were fainted or seriously hurt in short order. I beat the Lass, but still had to retreat to the Pokemon Center.

Pokemon Yellow. So far it's my favorite of Gen 1, much like Crystal is my favorite of Gen 2.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17827 on: August 11, 2016, 04:52:10 pm »

My Lv.49 Shelgon was fighting a Lv.50 Goldeen. Goldeen used Horn Drill. It hit.

That's a 31% chance to hit, unless Double Team(which Shelgon had used) reduces the chance.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17828 on: August 11, 2016, 11:54:38 pm »

That's a 31% chance to hit, unless Double Team(which Shelgon had used) reduces the chance.

31% chance to hit, plus Double Team = reduce chance from 103% base accuracy to 80% base accuracy. 31 * (0.8/1) = 24.8% chance to hit.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17829 on: August 12, 2016, 12:44:44 am »

31% chance to hit, plus Double Team = reduce chance from 103% base accuracy to 80% base accuracy. 31 * (0.8/1) = 24.8% chance to hit.

Mmm, except OKHO moves ignore percentage changes to accuracy. They are affected by effects that bypass accuracy altogether (like No Guard), but Double Team doesn't affect them. That said, 31% is still reasonably unlikely.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17830 on: August 12, 2016, 04:08:36 am »

You know, I understand that there are a lot of pokemon moves, and I can see that in the quest to think of so many different moves they might have been tempted to add OHKO moves.  But damn is that a stupid mechanic.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17831 on: August 12, 2016, 04:56:09 am »

They're not allowed in most formats cause they turn the game into competitive coin tossing, same with swagger.
Shoes...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17832 on: August 12, 2016, 05:41:33 am »

Right, because Arceus forbid that someone's min-max strategy fail due to random chance. It's not like critical hits or <100% accuracy moves are a thing. ::)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17833 on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:26 am »

I quit the game in frustration and decided to instead read a let's play. The clues the game was giving me had absolutely nothing to do with the actions and items I needed to progress, and half of it is just clicking every random option multiple times until the game trips a flag that lets you look at the next thing.

Jesus: Kyufuu no Biomonster.

Also, it never updates descriptions to match anything you've done. Such as saying that a shuttle is still in the airlock when you just watched it leave, or that the biosensor is still in the locker after you've already taken it, or any other time you pick up a thing. I have no idea how much of this relates to the translation hack and how much to the actual game, but either way it was not a good time.

The art was pretty good for a Famicom port of a PC game, and that's the only positive thing I can say.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:51:24 am by itisnotlogical »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17834 on: August 12, 2016, 07:40:24 am »

I hate that about point-and-click adventures.  It's like exchanging riddles with a friend, except you can't trust that the answers will make any logical sense even in retrospect.  Which just ruins all the puzzles that do have tough solutions, since I can't help but wonder "Is this hard or is it nonsense?  Should I really keep thinking about it?"

Yet they can be really neat mediums for telling a story, so I enjoyed playing them with hints (and nowadays watching LPs).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 1575