Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373832 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17790 on: August 03, 2016, 09:43:45 pm »

❓❓❓ 👯 ❓❓❓

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17791 on: August 03, 2016, 10:38:44 pm »

❓❓❓ 👯 ❓❓❓
Well, now.  Unicode truly does have a character for everything.  Not sure if all of yours rendered properly, though; I can only see the fourth one.
🐇

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17792 on: August 03, 2016, 10:48:05 pm »

Yeah, I only see dancing bunnypeople and six question marks here.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17793 on: August 03, 2016, 11:07:44 pm »

I can't see anything at all, just blank space. Phuck phones.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17794 on: August 03, 2016, 11:28:26 pm »

It's originally Chinese mythology, you scrubs.
Wow, I feel like a dick now. Sorry.

((To be fair, I don't dislike the idea of lunar rabbits. I just thought it was one of those creative silly things))
I, too, have been brung low by this fools' game of mythological oneupmanship. Anyone got another layer to add?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17795 on: August 04, 2016, 12:10:17 am »

I finally made it to the Dragun. I dealt with the first phase by emptying my entire disentigrator ray into him. By the time the second phase came along I only had half a heart left. I dodged through the first attack and shot his heart with my shade's revolver. The damage was disappointing. After dodging another bullet storm, I used ctrl to slow down time and browse though my massive inventory in order to figure out what was the best weapon to use against him...

After taking way too long to decide, I choose my Light fantastic (A high powered magical sniper rifle). This works much better and his health begins dropping a lot quicker. I'm shooting and shooting and his hp is rapidly shrinking to the point where one more shot will kill him. I line up my scope and shoot...

Just before the shot connects, the heart regains its i-frames denying me the killing blow. He conjures another bulletstorm, which normally isn't that hard to dodge, but I get caught in an awkward position because the keyboard controls only allow me to dodge in the eight principal directions (cardinal directions plus the north-west south-west stuff). I end up overshooting the safe-zone and getting killed.

What frustrated me is that if I either used the proper gun first or taken slightly less time to switch to it, I would have been able to kill it before it got a third attack. Also when I botched my roll, I was spamming my blank button but it didn't go off in time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17796 on: August 04, 2016, 01:00:44 pm »

I see the person my uncle usually throw money at.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17797 on: August 04, 2016, 02:10:47 pm »

While technically another decisive victory, many experienced troops were lost at Sevastopol, this is going to bite us at Stalingrad.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17798 on: August 04, 2016, 04:01:47 pm »

Yeah, most monsters have spots like that. It doesn't actually reduce the amount of damage you do IIRC, it just screws up your combos. It gets particularly annoying on really, really hard monsters like Gravios (who is literally made of rocks) or the 'Blos-es (which are more or less T-rexes with triceratops heads.)

Out of curiosity ,what weapon are you using? Also seconding IT's advice of trying everything if you haven't already. I, personally, sucked at the game until I chanced trying the Dual Blades.
I realise I'm pretty late on this, but I feel I need to correct you on something.

Spots where you bounce only TECHNICALLY don't reduce damage. You bounce on spots where your weapon deals 25% or less of its actual damage, so attacking those spots still reduces the damage you deal a fair bit.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17799 on: August 04, 2016, 07:32:08 pm »

Ah, I see. Thanks for correcting me on that.

So that's just how lower sharpness causes bouncing...
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17800 on: August 04, 2016, 09:03:01 pm »

Lost against a Kain manikin as Laguna. Dammit, you stupid traitor clone, stop using Jump!
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

This game is pretty fun, even with the usual Final Fantasy levels of complexity and depth.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17801 on: August 05, 2016, 05:08:43 am »

Tetsucabra attacked me until I died, that's all there is to it. He's fast.

MH4U.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17802 on: August 05, 2016, 07:10:10 am »

❓❓❓ 👯 ❓❓❓
Well, now.  Unicode truly does have a character for everything.  Not sure if all of yours rendered properly, though; I can only see the fourth one.
🐇
All I see is ? ? ? [rabbit ear'd person] ? ? ?
I'm unsure if things do render here, but if a symbol is unidentifiable, it usually loads as a box. (Like � or even an empty box, which I can't find the symbol of under alt-codes).
But I can't find the bunny headband either, so woah o_O I'm saving that into my list! (That was real smooth, putting up a size 1 bunny. :P That goes in the list too!)

It's out of early access(?) and yet fun galore with physics, and leaning more on the :I side.
I scored a rocket launcher early on in the first mission (Erchus Mines), and whenever I shoot people with it, despite the blast being forward of their hitbox (or on their face :v) it blasts them TOWARDS ME.
Add the annoying 'touch me and get hurt :3' idea plus that kind of projectile attack, and I die in 3 hits.
I am disappointed. :'(

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17803 on: August 05, 2016, 07:01:38 pm »

My race of slaver cthulu-crab people began to fufil their manifest destiny within the stars.
We explored planets, found space amoeba and ancient mining robots, space whales, and a pair of systems with habitable worlds.

Suddenly, in a system we were exploring, a survey ship from another race appeared...

...then the game crashed.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17804 on: August 05, 2016, 07:25:32 pm »

I think that was the AI characters going "hey, race we don't kn- HOLYSHITWHATISTHATMYEYESARGLBARGL"

Must've been a hive-mind to get that reaction so big.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1575