A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142610 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1635 on: November 16, 2010, 08:41:45 pm »

Quote from: CoughDrop
Have my glow scarab spend all of her time in the mine helping to light the rock

0200-0900: Sleep
1000: Wake up; eat a hearty breakfast of lobster and rum
1100: Discuss with caravan before sending them off
1200-1600: Take a pick and do some mining
1700:Eat lunch of lobster and rum
1800: Inspect projects and make sure all hell isn't breaking loose between the dwarves.
1900: Update stockpile records
2000-0000: More mining!
0100: Eat dinner; lobster and rum
0200: Sleep

Quote from: Hastur
am:0-7, start fire. Setup Kitchen workshop outside entrance to fortress, around the fire. Prepare soup meals, one part water one part protein one part plant (to extend food supply). Golem hauls water n' foods just in time.
7-8 1 hour eat whatever is best, golem feeds me while i recline.
8-3pm stonecraft little individual bird houses for the hens, stock them with plantbedding, herd chickens over, on the other side of the fortress entrance. Stonecraft individualized mugs and bowls for each dwarf, make them quality even if i dont finish. Golem hauls rock for me n' installs houses to increase my efficiency
3-4pm 1 hour eat whatever is best while golem gives me backrub
4-11 7 hour; pee in a bucket and have golem throw it in the  river a little downstream, then sleep
12-0, start a fire and eat the best around. have golem start kitchen fire before i get out of bed. Call First Claimsiese on dug rooms.

(Im sleeping in a group tent with bedding right? PS I have darksight for operating in darkness.)

"I formally Request a good bed, a bedroom door, a 2x4 or 3x3 bedroom, and a dug 3x3 room or two connecting soley to my room. I will pay you back it'll be worth it."

Quote from: Lillipad
2200-0500: Sleep
0600: Wake up. Eat & drink uhhh... random.
0700-1200: Chop down trees near the tent, leaving the logs where they were felled
1300: Eat & drink random
1400-2000: Help with planting crops
2100: Eat & drink random
2200: Sleep

Quote from: V-Norrec
12-8:  Sleep in tent.
8-9:  Eat Breakfast of Mudworm Paste and Dwarven Rum to wash it down.
9-1:  Hitch up a mule to the plow and begin plowing fields close to the waterfall (How much can we get done in a set amount of time btw)
1-2:  Eat Plump Helmet and drink Brine Ale while watching to mule to make sure he doesn't run away.
2-4:  Continue Plowing fields, then unhitch the mule and put the plow in a safe place.
4-6:  Get the carpeter's workshop set up using carpeter's tools and a beam of wood.
6-8:  If any logs have been cut down, begin working on turning them into beds if not get any surface seeds that have been found and plant them.
8-9:  Dinner of Brine Ale and Sunscale Salmon
9-11:  Continue working with either surface seeds or turning logs into beds.
11-12:  Sleep

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Take shovel

0000-0600: Sleep in tent
0600-0700: Breakfast of Dwarven Beer and Plump Helmets
0700-1200: Help prepare ground for farming (I'll learn where Norrec wants the fields on the night of our arrival)
1200-1300: Lunch of Dwarven Beer and Plump Helmets
1300-1900: Help miners by hauling rocks to the area between the river and the cliff side, where the future wall will be.
1900-2000: Give my kitten attention
2000-2100: Dinner of Dwarven Wine and Plump Helmets
2100-2400: Sleep in tent

Drop shovel back where I found it

Quote from: Rolan7
0000-0700: Sleep in tent
0700-0800: Breakfast of Dwarven Rum and Plump Helmet
0800-1200: With axe and backpack, chop logs along the treeline.  Deliver them to camp as I fill my pack.
1200-1300: Lunch of Dwarven Wine and Plump Helmet
1300-1700: With crossbow, armor, and backpack - Examine and harvest plants near the treeline until my pack is full (going for variety) then explore the forest, returning at dusk.
1700-1800: Watch the sun set at camp, and bury a plant for Kun.
1800-2100: Dinner of Dwarven Wine and something I collected, or Mud Worm Paste if I failed.
2100-2300: Play with Denrhymed.
2300-2400: Sleep

Quote from: Ochita
Backpack with one serving of Plump Helmet ( I can take a gold bar if its too heavy) and a picaxe
12-8:  Sleep in tent.
8-9:  Eat Breakfast of Mudworm Paste and Dwarven Rum to wash it down.
9-1:  Help V-Norrec
1-2:  Eat Plump Helmet and drink Brine Ale.
2-8:  Mine where directed by other miners
8-9:  Dinner of Brine Ale and Sunscale Salmon
9-11:  Continue working with either surface seeds or turning logs into beds.
11-12:  Sleep

Quote from: Samthere
Take a backpack with a lunch of plump helmets and a waterskin of dwarven ale, as well as my pick. I'll take my puppy, Uth with me. He'll have his wooden puppy to gnaw.

00-08: Sleep in tent.
08-09: Eat breakfast of whatever's going around.
09-12: DIGGING PLAN GAR-ALPHA: Dig into the stone: a stockpile to fit all the metal (4x4, room to expand), then space for a forge next to it (4x4), then space for a bedroom/office (4x4) next to that. Avoid metals and gems. Do this as an offshoot of other digging projects so that the entrance isn't far from other things, but make sure there's room to expand later.
12-13: Lunch of plump helmets and ale.
13-18: Continue digging according to Digging Plan Gar-Alpha.
18-19: Dinner up on the surface of whatever's going.
19-24: Continue digging according to Digging Plan Gar-Alpha.

Additionally, I'll request a stone table and some paper to be available as soon as my room is done, if possible. I have a project that might make us rich, quickly.

Quote from: IronyOwl
Take two packs of Throwing Knives and a Backpack.

12-7 Sleep in tent
7-8 Breakfast of Plump Helmets and Dwarven Beer
8-12 Haul logs for Rolan; practice throwing knives against a tree while there's nothing to haul
12-1 Lunch of Sunscale Salmon and Dwarven Wine
1-6 Haul plants for Rolan; practice throwing knives against a tree while there's less than a full pack to haul
6-7 Dinner of Plump Helmets and Dwarven Rum
7-9 Practice singing
9-10 Play with puppies
10-12 Sleep in tent

Quote from: FuzzyZergling
Take: Barrel of plump helmets, Block of granite.
am:
24-7: Sleep.
7-8: Breakfast of worm meat and dwarven beer.
8-12: Set up still using any granite.
pm:
12-13: Lunch of salmon and brine ale.
13-18: Help Adil gather plants.
18-19: Supper of worm meat and dwarven wine.
19-21: Converse with anyone not asleep.
21-24: Sleep.

Quote from: dragonshardz
Take pick and Leather Armor, allow Bearbelly to tag along.

0000-0600: Sleep in tent
0600-0700: Breakfast of Dwarven Beer and Mud Worm Paste
0700-1200: Mine according to plans.
1200-1300: Lunch of Dwarven Rum and Plump Helmets
1300-1900: Mine according to plans OR do masonry work.
1900-2000: Give Bearbelly attention, do light-duty work such as caring for my tools, armor, etc.
2000-2100: Dinner of Dwarven Wine and Pit Worm Steak
2100-2400: Sleep in tent
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:27:17 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 16, 2010, 08:43:26 pm »

Why isn't my action in there?

You came up with a pretty good schedule for me Shade-o.

Bringing everything I have on me.
Wake at 6, eat meals at 6, 12, 6, cutting down trees/breaking surface rocks on the east side of the river all day, sleeping at 7.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 16, 2010, 08:44:43 pm »

Had to find more posts in a second go.

Still missing Hastur and CoughDrop.

In addition, somebody (preferably Litast) needs to talk to the caravan before they leave, and explain the current situation, what sort of goods it should bring in autumn, and anything else needed to be communicated to the Mountainhome. Anybody can append a message if it's non-expedition business.

Assuming 3 meals a day, you have 44 days of food.
26 days of drink, not including the pure alcohol and plain water.
30 days of drink if you mix the alcohol and water, leaving 1 day of water.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:56:09 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 16, 2010, 09:53:00 pm »

Take Unclaimed gold bar, Flawless Jet, steel dagger+1 if unclaimed, leather armour unless inconvenient, claim those extra clothes as a change of clothes.

am:0-7, start fire. Setup Kitchen workshop outside entrance to fortress, around the fire. Prepare soup meals, one part water one part protein one part plant (to extend food supply). Golem hauls water n' foods just in time.
7-8 1 hour eat whatever is best, golem feeds me while i recline.
8-3pm stonecraft little individual bird houses for the hens, stock them with plantbedding, herd chickens over, on the other side of the fortress entrance. Stonecraft individualized mugs and bowls for each dwarf, make them quality even if i dont finish. Golem hauls rock for me n' installs houses to increase my efficiency
3-4pm 1 hour eat whatever is best while golem gives me backrub
4-11 7 hour; pee in a bucket and have golem throw it in the  river a little downstream, then sleep
12-0, start a fire and eat the best around. have golem start kitchen fire before i get out of bed. Call First Claimsiese on dug rooms.

(Im sleeping in a group tent with bedding right? PS I have darksight for operating in darkness.)

"I formally Request a good bed, a bedroom door, a 2x4 or 3x3 bedroom, and a dug 3x3 room or two connecting soley to my room. I will pay you back it'll be worth it."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 16, 2010, 09:56:12 pm »

Those are Norrec's gold bars, Coughdrop's jet, Samthere's dagger, Rolan's clothes and the armour could belong to a few people. I should note down if its personally owned.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 16, 2010, 10:07:48 pm »

I'll keep a hold of that dagger. It's a nice reminder of my mountainhome adventure, and it has a pretty nice inlay.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 16, 2010, 10:10:30 pm »

( no problem, it was all for safekeeping. Also I am pampered and workaholic and perfectionist if that helps my actions or hinders. Also. Can i write flavor text about what i do for a bonus? like i make people flavor text their montages in my fortress game? its good roleplaying.)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 16, 2010, 10:37:00 pm »

You can flavour as much as you like, but i can't guarantee that it will help. Being specific with your goals would be good, too.

Prayers to deities and basically anything else you don't want to be publicly known should be done by PM.

If everybody's ok with it, I'll be using Gar's plan. You can always change its use later, or block up the entrance. The important thing is to get some sort of shelter dug out.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:11:08 pm by Shade-o »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 16, 2010, 11:11:32 pm »

"Oi, if ye want rooms like tha', ye dig 'em yerself like Gar is doin'."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 16, 2010, 11:27:40 pm »

Aw, I got knocked down to Dabbling Thrower.

Could you clarify how caste penalties interact with experience levels? Is it a constant penalty or the equivalent of starting at a lower skill level?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 16, 2010, 11:28:20 pm »

"Oi, if ye want rooms like tha', ye dig 'em yerself like Gar is doin'."

"Lord Statenskivsky is a noble.  He's as high above you as you are above me."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 17, 2010, 12:00:59 am »

With caste penalties, it automatically starts you at -2 in that area. So as an artisan you've got -2 Terrible everything in Military, but 0 Dabbling in Thrower.

So instead of 0 Dabbling being the lowest possible skill level, it goes -2 Terrible, -1 Poor, then 0 Dabbling, +1 Novice, +2 Adequate...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:04:44 am by Shade-o »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 17, 2010, 12:26:31 am »

"Lord Statenskivsky is a noble.  He's as high above you as you are above me."

"Does't look like I care? We're out 'ere on our own now - 's'not like 'e 'as a bloody legion of guards tae beat us doon if'n ye dinnae do as 'e wants, and tha' golem doesn't look too sturdy either."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 17, 2010, 12:58:04 am »

*sigh*  I hate the waiting.  >.>  Also have the caravan send a message to my now alive Great-Uncle Urist.  "I was part of an expedition to found a colony, we just made it here.  Feel free to come visit anytime.  -Norrec"

Also this is why I'm carrying my Gold Bars, people tryin' to steal them already.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 17, 2010, 01:05:40 am »

*sigh*  I hate the waiting.  >.>  Also have the caravan send a message to my now alive Great-Uncle Urist.  "I was part of an expedition to found a colony, we just made it here.  Feel free to come visit anytime.  -Norrec"

Also this is why I'm carrying my Gold Bars, people tryin' to steal them already.
Until it happened, I thought you were just being paranoid. Who the hell is going to steal your gold bars? What would they even do with them?

As always, the noble.

Also, you just invited a zombie to our fortress.

As long as we've got nothing better to do, maybe we should discuss the situation? What do we want the next caravan to bring?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 249