A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142547 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1650 on: November 17, 2010, 01:16:59 am »

GREAT-UNCLE URIST!

Really though, we'll probably need lots of cave seeds, not exciting but it keeps us fed.  We'll also need cave wheat for beer, which wasn't offered to us for this part of the expedition.  Probably could do with barrels of food and booze.  If nothing else we got a free barrel out of it.

On the less practical side of things, we could probably import valuable metals/rough gems, and export fine quality finished goods and make money off of it.  I mean, we only have a ton of artisans.  We should have wood covered(hopefully).  We might want to have a couple of Ballista brought here for protection.

Other than that I can't really think of anything, it'd help if we had a list of everything they could bring with them though.

Edit:  Just thought, soap would probably be good so we could clean ourselves up too.

Double Edit:  We'll actually probably need oil constantly in order to keep our kitchens running, might as well start importing glass vials of oil now.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:30:53 am by V-Norrec »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 17, 2010, 01:26:37 am »

Food and booze, with the priority on the booze.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 17, 2010, 01:33:43 am »

They won't get here for nearly a year, so we'll either have become largely self-sufficient or starved to death in the snow by then. Still in favor of some food and booze to boost the stocks, especially if it gives us some variety.

Agree completely on the metals and gems. I was thinking of starting with just copper or whatever, but I guess in theory we should be making the same profit ratio on whatever we make, so it's just a matter of what we could afford. Probably a fair amount, assuming Ochita focuses on stonecrafting most of the time. Which would be more likely if he wasn't also one of our two masons, the other being our only miner.

We've got siege engineers, so assuming we have wood I don't think we'd need to import ballistas. Soap is a good idea, since we can't make it on our own without an elaborate livestock setup. We might want them to bring us cloth or thread as well, since we'll probably be too busy growing food and booze to worry about clothing. I guess we could import whole clothes instead, but I'm sure someone could pick up clothesmaking in their spare time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 17, 2010, 01:39:24 am »

Just so you know, lantern oil can be made from both crops and animal fat.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 17, 2010, 01:47:24 am »

Well I guess if we start taming local animals >.>  that would work.  Adil has a new job.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 17, 2010, 01:53:31 am »

Anyone have any ideas for a poll?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 17, 2010, 02:05:53 am »

start an economy poll heh heh heh
or naming something.
Personally I want a poll on what offensive thing i should engrave on the side of the mountain to piss off passers by. How about a mooning dwarf? That'll enrage those goblins eh?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 17, 2010, 02:09:21 am »

not really, it's kind of boring getting started, because well, there's just not a whole lot to do interesting, it's all neccesity.

I guess the best poll we could have is

"When should we start the economy and get off the barter system?"

Option 1:  Immediately
Option 2:  With the coming of the fall caravan.
Option 3:  Next year
Option 4:  Never

Something like that. . . maybe.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 17, 2010, 02:10:39 am »

I was thinking more "Should we exile Norrec and Urist for their disgustingly cute romance?" but that other thing might work, too.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 17, 2010, 02:13:17 am »

Pffft, you're talking to a romantic fan fiction writer.  I could do so much worse to you.

Also, we needz dwarven babies.  FOR THE PROPAGATION OF OUR GREAT RACE!!!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 17, 2010, 02:15:13 am »

And I could do so much worse for you.

What would happen if your 'blessing' were reversed while pregnant? Let's ask the d20.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 17, 2010, 02:16:54 am »

... Fine, I'll try to limit the cuteness.  Nazi.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 17, 2010, 02:18:35 am »

Nah, do whatever you like. I'm a benevolent Armok.

I mean, you've had a rough time so far. Constant setbacks. Gender bending. Failing at murder. People releasing old gods around you. Being cold-blooded in a tundra.

You deserve whatever happiness you can get.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:23:36 am by Shade-o »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 17, 2010, 02:31:08 am »

You know, I have to ask something about that.  What was on that left path (the one where the panel was and was about Dwarf-sized).  I figure you can tell us now as it's not likely any of us are going back there any time soon, and even if we were, we probably couldn't get inside the Necropolis again.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 17, 2010, 02:34:41 am »

Well, I assure you that I wasn't making up the whole thing as we went along. The chute would have dropped them somewhere in the maze that Adil guided you though.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 249