Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)  (Read 149662 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v2.3
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2010, 04:14:23 am »

oh wait about that death thing.
if you die retiring ends up removing your character from the game... or was that retiring in a nonexistent place (dark fort)lead to the adventurer removal.
this makes me wonder about the hostilities tag?
is it there for the sake of converting wild animals and friendlies to savage beasts and tame pets.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2010, 05:04:24 am »

if you die retiring ends up removing your character from the game... or was that retiring in a nonexistent place (dark fort)lead to the adventurer removal.
is it there for the sake of converting wild animals and friendlies to savage beasts and tame pets.
Df removes units only if: you abandon fort or you move out of non-important location. If you move out of important location (i think dark fort included) it saves all creatures (prob non-dead though...) into that site.
Hostilities toggle (which i forgot i added) makes creature either friendly to you civ or invader so its more usefull in fort mode to make gladiator fights between your units.
Oh and there is creature flags from older version of DFHACK:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2010, 07:18:00 am »

Df removes units only if: you abandon fort or you move out of non-important location. If you move out of important location (i think dark fort included) it saves all creatures (prob non-dead though...) into that site.
Hostilities toggle (which i forgot i added) makes creature either friendly to you civ or invader so its more usefull in fort mode to make gladiator fights between your units.
Oh and there is creature flags from older version of DFHACK:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
found out that if you didn't strike your demons or your demons didn't strike you.
you can calm them down by swapping to them and apply hostilities on your character.
it made the "Don't talk to me types more understanding" though I also some how traveled as my companion recruiting my adventurer also.

*tested with Atu and JohnnyGhost* sadly this means poking every one in the group to accept the new character and swapping to them and making sure that accept it too.
so having over say 5 bow men and having them accept that Atu summon a Demon form hell for assisting them would be some tedious work, that could fall apart if you accidentally exit out.
Also I found out that JohnnyGhost Snake berry will recruit Atu "Insticktick" and she will lovely agree.
I bet it's from the high base stats from being a boegyman and the few kills Johnny has that cause this. oh well at least now he won't run away any more.
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v2.4
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2010, 07:40:40 am »

Good news: found a way to make creatures stick (i.e. travel with you) bad news: needs function calling and thats always a pain...

you can calm them down by swapping to them and apply hostilities on your character.
how do you do this? It supposed to work only in fort mode.
Edit2: ok made following stick even without function calling. Drawback- target needs to be a historical important figure.
Edit3: also found how to change bodies (permanently) with historically important target
Edit4: updated program
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:55:29 am by darius »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2010, 03:45:57 pm »

Good news: found a way to make creatures stick (i.e. travel with you) bad news: needs function calling and thats always a pain...

how do you do this? It supposed to work only in fort mode.
Edit2: ok made following stick even without function calling. Drawback- target needs to be a historical important figure.
Edit3: also found how to change bodies (permanently) with historically important target
Edit4: updated program
well it's the same look at creature function as in the adv_tools stuff and I guess this is close to changing the civ of the creature to yours so if I just swap to the creature and have it's civ copied over to the adventurer then the adventurer would be apart of that (civ while keeping ties to other places)?
I guess so if one has a wild dog which are apart of the -1 wild group you can swap to the said dog and use that civ (-1) and copy it over to yours and seeing how you are apart of the same civ they won't hurt you. Though I couldn't recreate this when I revived a dead creature I killed so best not too attack the creature or have companions do so.

edit: wow this works great... weird thing is about the wild class is that the entire forest is their home... so they will drop info on capitals and surroundings to many sites... though due to playing Deon's mod with this I can't seem to find a Ent anywhere.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:44:58 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »

found how to change bodies (permanently) with historically important target
Sweet, gonna' try this later and make a certain Emperor be more "proactive" in his kingdoms troubles...THROUGH VIOLENCE!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2010, 06:56:43 am »

I tried that with the "lady". Her combat skills sucked and she died very quickly. Now the castle stands without any lord or lady :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2010, 07:23:44 am »

well at least now folks can play a monster trainer adventurer.
if they place a Pfort and name it Personalcomputer or something close to it change it to a Hamlet/fort also good and use it for dumping companions then yeah.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2010, 07:26:36 pm »

I tried that with the "lady". Her combat skills sucked and she died very quickly. Now the castle stands without any lord or lady :D
Oh I know...better check Legends 1st to see a Leader that actually lasted throughout World-Gen's harshness. I know of a certain Empress who kept on losing her newly born children to monsters attacking their fort, as if her child is monster magnet/trigger and the youngest only surviving because gen already stopped...she's itching for vengeance.

Extra info: You can actually employ people of power who are willing without Dfusion if you remove the [DUTYBOUND] tag in their raws.

Oh, just for confirmation: With the current Dfusion, can I use World leaders AND Historically recognized children, save then and play as them without any "after effects"?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »

Is there an way I could get this in a zip file

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2010, 08:56:53 am »

well it work for some characters but when you swap to a random NPC with no history then it's back to jumping and you can't escape from this by finding a warlord and swapping to them either.
I take it I have to slap a history recorded flag on the person first before swapping or just swap to companions and travel.
edit: well if you die in game you can never come back by retiring. Just found this out from losing Em un-retiring. Unless there a way to remove the Dead/killed flag in legends then there still perma death.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 02:06:14 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2010, 05:20:54 pm »

Changed the file to zip. But i would suggest getting 7zip (homesite) clearly whatever program you are using for archives is not powerfull enough (plus 7zip is free).

well it work for some characters but when you swap to a random NPC with no history then it's back to jumping and you can't escape from this by finding a warlord and swapping to them either.
I take it I have to slap a history recorded flag on the person first before swapping or just swap to companions and travel.
edit: well if you die in game you can never come back by retiring. Just found this out from losing Em un-retiring. Unless there a way to remove the Dead/killed flag in legends then there still perma death.

Just slapping a flag could be not enough. The reason is that when `DF` recruits a person it checks if it is historically important person, if not makes him important (creates an entry in legends list) and only then flips that flag.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2010, 07:42:04 pm »

Changed the file to zip. But i would suggest getting 7zip (homesite) clearly whatever program you are using for archives is not powerfull enough (plus 7zip is free).

Just slapping a flag could be not enough. The reason is that when `DF` recruits a person it checks if it is historically important person, if not makes him important (creates an entry in legends list) and only then flips that flag.
darn should have quick recruit then perma recruit then unperma then perma swap then.
also another way to piss off your companions is to friendly a creature then attack it.
some how this piss every one in your group off and they will turn on you one by one.
I guess this also goes when you have a companion attacking a friendly creature and thus makes said companion a enemy of your civ.

I wonder if we be able to punch Gods and forces in the face.
if they are in the legend and that people can talk to them I wonder if one could Summon one and punch them in the face and maybe finally slap a death year.
from non coding planning means we need to know how to spawn creatures or put said god on the list of creatures that will spawn in a fort/hamlet/area which means we need to know where toady places these gods at...
well better place this under wishful thinking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:38:05 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2011, 04:55:23 pm »

This is pretty well awesome. Gonna play around with this a bit and see what I can do with it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2011, 11:10:19 am »

do not I mean DO NOT make a fort(not Pfort a fort) over an ocean then take an adventurer and retire him there and try to place another fort on top of the original one.
you will not only crash dwarf fortress but Blue screen your PC as well.

"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38