Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: What after-life would you prefer?  (Read 6443 times)

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
Re: What after-life would you prefer?
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2010, 09:19:02 pm »

My ideal afterlife is like Reincarnation. I'm reincarnated but there is a small box, or some object one must open or activate, that contains the memories of my past life. This box will only open when I'm in my final 5 years of life, allowing my new memories and old memories to combine and pass on to my next life. Seeing how, in my opinion, there will always be new things to learn and experience, I can enjoy life and use knowledge gained in all my lives to make my next one more enjoyable. This is assuming that I am capable of doing so in my final 5 years of life. It would also be kind of fun to examine how all my lives have panned out and why things were or weren't so different.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2010, 10:50:38 pm »

If my religion is wrong (Christianity) then I think my most preferred thing to happen after death would be endlessly dreaming. The bullet smashes into your brain, your last coherent thought is "now I dream", and then endlessly float from one dream to the next, each one feeling like some familiar segment of the life you're slowly forgetting..

And maybe that's what my personal slice of heaven could be like.

Posted in another thread, applies here better.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2010, 04:14:04 am »

Thinking about it, I guess I'm the classic naive youngster. I want to see it all! But I know that if I do see it all, there'll be nothing left. And nothing is terrifying. So I never want it to end. I never, ever want there to be less things to see.

This is like setting myself up for the grandest disappointment of all. But it shouldn't worry me. Not yet. Let me see more things, for there are plenty of things left.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2010, 04:20:53 am »

not all afterlives are infinite.
Valhalla for example only lasts till Ragnarök. At least, if I understand correctly you are supposed to die in that battle.

Yeah.
Only two humans (which have been hiding between the branches of Yggdrasil) and a small number of the gods are supposed to survive the battle.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:45:37 am by Mindmaker »

Kutta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2010, 04:34:28 am »

I plan to live forever. The heat death of the universe is a tough issue however.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2010, 04:37:37 am »

Just had a thought - humans and what we do, our constant evolution, things like that say to me that there will never be any lack of new things as long as there still exists things that can influence other things.

Entropy is still a bugger though.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2010, 09:04:47 am »

http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

Edit:  For what it's worth, the linked story is ALSO an excellent answer for an afterlife I'd like.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:25:52 am by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2010, 09:08:19 am »

Well, let's just say the the perfect afterlife for me would be a one where I can play Dwarf Fortress v2.0 Adamant Edition with Genesis Mod for eternity

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2010, 12:41:05 pm »

Edit:  For what it's worth, the linked story is ALSO an excellent answer for an afterlife I'd like.

Someone linked it a while back. I really liked it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2010, 01:28:30 pm »

My ideal afterlife is like Reincarnation. I'm reincarnated but there is a small box, or some object one must open or activate, that contains the memories of my past life. This box will only open when I'm in my final 5 years of life, allowing my new memories and old memories to combine and pass on to my next life. Seeing how, in my opinion, there will always be new things to learn and experience, I can enjoy life and use knowledge gained in all my lives to make my next one more enjoyable. This is assuming that I am capable of doing so in my final 5 years of life. It would also be kind of fun to examine how all my lives have panned out and why things were or weren't so different.
Some people would go off the deep end.  Perhaps some of your past lives... ended in anguish/rage.  Would it not have an adverse effect?  Would you consider laying down 'justice' on the ancestors of those who done you wrong in the past?  Perhaps your past selves have done so or been done to for that very reason.

Maybe your sense of who you are will be shaken to the core, when you find that you were... something so very different, maybe something you hate in one of those past lives.

I support this.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2010, 04:06:33 pm »

Just had a thought - humans and what we do, our constant evolution, things like that say to me that there will never be any lack of new things as long as there still exists things that can influence other things.

Yeah, you would eventually just end up floating in dust.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2010, 07:14:23 pm »

Well In a christian view I would be going to hell. I guess my after life would be a world that actually has magic.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2010, 12:48:30 am »

Someone linked it a while back. I really liked it.
If it already hasn't been said, learning and feeling good are physical actions. If you can bend everything for your ideal place, why not prevent saturation?
I believe the fun theory blogger said that, in regards to the person who carved 160,000 chair legs and enjoyed every one the same.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2010, 01:24:46 am »

I don't quite understand this:
If it already hasn't been said, learning and feeling good are physical actions. If you can bend everything for your ideal place, why not prevent saturation?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2010, 01:32:39 am »

I don't quite understand this:

I think he means make yourself so that each experience, no mater how many time you have had it, is new and exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6