Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Between two generic canidates, who would you vote for?

Democratic Canidate
- 55 (85.9%)
Republican Canidate
- 9 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: A Generic Poll  (Read 5894 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
A Generic Poll
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:20:01 pm »

Vote!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:08:20 am by Nikov »
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Generic Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:24:22 pm »

Democrat

Although I actually voted for someone in the green party for the senator. (which I'm also a suppourter of, but the platform matters.) The problem is that Barbara Boxer has been senator for 12 years (this election would be her third term) and Fiorina doesn't look like a good candidate, republican or not.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:26:18 pm »

Interesting question.

Why are you asking?

Also there is no "Wow because what party they are in is a big point and not their policies that vary wildly" option.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:27:51 pm »

Interesting question.

Why are you asking?

Also there is no "Wow because what party they are in is a big point and not their policies that vary wildly" option.

For the heck of it I guess, and this isn't even a serious poll.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 08:29:22 pm »

:/

I don't know, Nikov has been throwing lots of completely meaningless stuff recently. I wish to know why.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:52 pm »

Neither.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 08:59:25 pm »

I refuse. The offical stance of both parties contain views that I cannot support.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:02:00 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 09:01:34 pm »

Yeah. This almost feels like a trap so Nikov can jump out at me from behind the internet and say "Gotcha."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »

I refuse. The offical stance of both parties contain views that I cannot support.

And you aren't old enough to vote anyhow. Not holding it against you though.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 09:03:21 pm »

:/

I don't know, Nikov has been throwing lots of completely meaningless stuff recently. I wish to know why.

Many meaningless posts could indicate trying to get a better post count than someone else.
Eh?
Eh!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 09:04:02 pm »

Was it really needed that you bring up my lack of voting rights one day before elections? Yes, I'm just ever so slightly bitter about the lack of said rights, no need to ask.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 09:05:08 pm »

I'm old enough, but I lack transportation to get to the place that you sign up at to be able to do the thing you speak of.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 09:06:42 pm »

I vote based on the candidate themselves, thus neither option works. In a vacuum in which I had only two options, an Archetypal Republican and an Archetypal Democrat, and each held views precisely in line with the mean ideas their respective parties have come to be known for, I would vote Democratic.

You may want to reword the poll, though. Are you going for a particular point here?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 09:08:31 pm »

Was it really needed that you bring up my lack of voting rights one day before elections? Yes, I'm just ever so slightly bitter about the lack of said rights, no need to ask.

Okay, I apologize and I didn't mean it that way.

Still, I agree with you, its pretty hard these days to get a third party candidate in, unless they are running as independent, but thats different.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 09:11:03 pm »

There's no need to apologize, I just hate being unable to vote.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7