Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 272737 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2012, 08:31:14 am »

The stream of Touchgirl.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2012, 11:51:24 am »

The Round Plank.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2012, 02:03:21 pm »

EDIT: 'Atģleecamo, "The Absolute Universe" has been created'. Am I god?
Mine's the universe of forever. Philosophically speaking, you could be a god, if not Armok itself. Remaking worlds at a whim, because THEY DO NOT ADHERE TO RECOMMENDED DAILY AMOUNTS OF BLOOD.

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2012, 03:22:19 pm »

Mine's the universe of forever. Philosophically speaking, you could be a god, if not Armok itself. Remaking worlds at a whim, because THEY DO NOT ADHERE TO RECOMMENDED DAILY AMOUNTS OF BLOOD.

well i think that is covered. at first glimpse i saw a lot of goblin towers, dark goblin fortresses and dark dwarven fortresses. in fact, the entire west part of the map is essentially "dark" save one small elven retreat (thehehe). and on the east there is "the fabulous island" :)
I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2012, 03:46:24 pm »

EDIT: 'Atģleecamo, "The Absolute Universe" has been created'. Am I god?
Further philosophically speaking, I think he's specifically not a god, at least in the sense of a divine creator. If the universe is absolute as in "eternal", it would have always existed and not necessitated a creator in the first place. Furthermore, if it's eternal, it cannot be ended/destroyed, thus voiding any chance this apsiring god had at omnipotence.

Cheer up, though, you can still be a demigod or something!
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2012, 08:48:12 pm »

I just got this artifact:

Tenshedeser, " Chancedglitter ", a silver short sword.

And on that subject, would a silver artifact short sword still be crap in combat?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:39 am »

Weirdest thing happened in my latest world... a line of giant dingos, who I like to think are related, each of which spent its entire life dueling humans. The humans never won. Here are their names:
Wispyfat
Ringoil
Crazymachines (my favorite)
and Twoholds.

On the same world I got:
Flimsyaligned
Lani Firstpants
Ironsaffron
Hal Championshark
Stumeb the Bewildering Cloak
Otir Charcoalwheats the Autumnof Climates
and Iwo Cosmossplash, the High Pot.
Oh, and Ciba Skulljudge (don't remember title), my adventurer. His skull was judged, after two straight days dueling a vampire lawgiver (Mr. Charcoalwheats).
Hastur ! Hastur ! Hastur !
There, no effect
YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!
Got Bitten by a werebeast, problem solved.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2012, 03:33:22 pm »

In my current world one of the dwarven civ's names was......The Strapping Trades.

You can guess which Civ I chose.

Even more so, a quick look through legends shows they have been around since the very beginning of this world (The year in this word is currently 1054, I think.) and have become enemies with seemingly every giant animal out there.I've also spiced up their history with two failed volcano forts. (One of these forts is the origin of Chancedglitter.)

On a side note there is also a Dwarf civ called The Town of Walls and also a hill called the Strangled Hill.

Also, I found the greatest Necro book to ever grace DF in Legends mode in the same world. It goes by the name of The Book of Glittery ; found it when I was looking for Chancedglitter in legends. Here's the description:" The Book of Glittery was a legendary panda leather-bound book. The written portion consists of a 1 page poem entitled The Book of Glittery, authored by Unib Knifeflights It concerns the turquoise-bound book The Dwarves Ever Onward. The writing is excessively ornate yet it is competely serious.

The book the poem concerns also is written by knifeflights, and it is a biography of the Dwarf Doren Truthboulder

A quick glace at Truthboulder shows that she was the first of her kind, was cursed into being a Were-Deer and went on a reign of terror, becoming an enemy of nearly everyone, before being struck down 177. Despite this she managed to marry and have children with Mr Knifeflights.

I love this game.

Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2012, 04:40:58 pm »

RNG seems to xhose according to the summer:
Igėr was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Fleshy Castle. Igėr was
most often depicted as a male mosquito and was associated with oceans, fish,
lakes, coasts, torture and misery.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2012, 02:26:19 pm »

Just made a new squad, the randomly genned name : Barricaded Elbows

Wut.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2012, 02:31:17 pm »

Just made a new squad, the randomly genned name : Barricaded Elbows

Wut.
Gotta play sports safely, elbow pads and all.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2012, 09:43:44 pm »

My current fort is named "Winelabor" (Otinerith), founded by The Tall Lantern (whose symbol is a panda) of the Boots of Lancing.

I'm not sure what the RNG is trying to tell me...

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2012, 10:19:39 pm »

My current fort is named "Winelabor" (Otinerith), founded by The Tall Lantern (whose symbol is a panda) of the Boots of Lancing.

I'm not sure what the RNG is trying to tell me...
FOR PANDARIA

OT: Current fort with a tower neighbour is called Boardtired. I can guess the reason for the fort's name..
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2012, 03:10:46 am »

Egultishis, "Controlledspiraled" The candy Thong.

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2012, 04:01:12 am »

Usāntishis Ulingothör, Murderspiral the Crazed Erasure. Sounds like the beginning of a tantrum spiral. It nearly caused a personal tantrum - it's based on adamantine, so I was hoping for an epic battle axe. It turned out to be an animal trap.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 93