Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Will we defend the Toady?  (Read 38921 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Will we defend the Toady?
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2010, 02:10:26 pm »

I'm a better Elitist than you. :P
No you aren't.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2010, 02:19:06 pm »

No you aren't.

Well I think your debate lowes you to the level of children arguing about who has the best invisiable freind. Therefor I must be the best elitist.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2010, 02:21:36 pm »

No you aren't.

Well I think your debate lowes you to the level of children arguing about who has the best invisiable freind. Therefor I must be the best elitist.
I Object to that!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2010, 02:25:42 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2010, 02:30:27 pm »

But I have evidence!

Elves DO NOT count as a charicter witness.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2010, 02:32:12 pm »

But I have evidence!

Elves DO NOT count as a charicter witness.
Its not an elf.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2010, 02:34:31 pm »

Its not an elf.
Officer, inspect the witness for pointy ears and traces of poofiness.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2010, 02:36:54 pm »

Back on topic, no we have no right to do that.  Minecraft players who do things like that are fucking dicks, if I were notch I'd've just said fuck it and make the game free to play, stop maintaining servers or posting updates, and watch those players get griefed to death by the Something Awful forums

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2010, 02:38:07 pm »

How do you inspect a picture of him not winning "Best Elitist" ?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »

How do you inspect a picture of him not winning "Best Elitist" ?

Well in the picutre, does he have pointy ears?

Back on topic, no we have no right to do that.  Minecraft players who do things like that are fucking dicks, if I were notch I'd've just said fuck it and make the game free to play, stop maintaining servers or posting updates, and watch those players get griefed to death by the Something Awful forums

I thought the topic was flying dragon carp, hold on a second.
*Reads back a few pages*
Oh wow, those minecraft players were real jerks. Lets nobody tell them about lego blocks or they will try to DDoS the lego corperation for not putting enough effort into the multiplayer.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2010, 02:57:10 pm »

No, he does not.
TAKE THAT!

Man, what crazy jerks.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

David Holmes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2010, 02:57:54 pm »

I think some of the comments making generalizations about Minecraft players are a little bit excessively harsh.  Independent of comments on highly-read blogs and large Minecraft forums, my interactions with individual Minecraft players and smaller communities playing Minecraft suggests that the median Minecraft player is no worse than the median DF player - in fact they're quite similar.

In any group of hundreds of thousands of people, the critical mass of worthless human beings will drown out the rest.  Those obnoxious people exist in the DF community too; they just don't become a problem because the numbers are small enough for Toady to just ban them, or for the community to deal with them individually.  Back when we were waiting for DF2010, there were posts advocating that people stop sending Toady money since he wasn't making updates.  They just didn't represent a large enough group of people to drown out the community as a whole.

As for the DDOS, I highly doubt that more than a handful of people were behind that.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was actually only one guy with a botnet.  I don't think it's reasonable to make any generalizations about the broader Minecraft community based on that.

...if I were notch I'd've just said fuck it and make the game free to play, stop maintaining servers or posting updates, and watch those players get griefed to death by the Something Awful forums

Considering that he's making literally millions of dollars developing and selling Minecraft, and it's allowed him to live his dream and found a game studio, giving that up just to spite a small number of people doesn't seem particularly pragmatic.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2010, 03:00:06 pm »

No, he does not.
TAKE THAT!

Very good. Now bring the wittness to the stand.

Ok, this might not be easy for you, but I want you to show us all, on this doll, exactly where Aklyon touched you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2010, 03:02:02 pm »

OBJECTION!
that is irrelevant to this elitism case.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16