Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10910 10911 [10912] 10913 10914 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14569444 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163665 on: September 24, 2023, 01:17:05 am »

And for them, consider the cultural logistics. For how many years in a hot climate with no refrigeration. What other option would they have than to just brew it and drink it until that becomes normal? As opposed to letting it just cool naturally and get bitter and stale.
Peoples in the middle east have had chilled drinks for all of history. Sherbet is attested a thousand years ago. Mesopotamia had icehouses in the bronze age. The Persians used evaporative cooling to make ice in the desert during the time of the Roman Republic. There's simply no time when people lacked some form of refrigeration.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163666 on: September 24, 2023, 08:48:25 am »

Computer hung on startup, windows 10

Eventually just told it to do a clean install

its stuck on '1%' and the little spinning pictograph is not moving

tempted to manually shut the computer off

what do? 🤷‍♂️
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163667 on: September 24, 2023, 09:07:31 am »

Throw it out of the window. It won't fix the problem, but you'll feel so much better.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163668 on: September 24, 2023, 09:48:11 am »

yeah I just gotta figure it's lost lol

I think I have a mint OSUSB laid around somewhere
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163669 on: September 24, 2023, 01:25:35 pm »

she gone,  Lord  she gone
PKs DF Mod!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163670 on: September 24, 2023, 10:50:21 pm »

F
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163671 on: September 25, 2023, 01:05:44 am »

I took my old laptop out as a stopgap

1300x800 resolution - my eyes are on fire!

I must have been blind in 2019
PKs DF Mod!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163672 on: September 25, 2023, 03:13:36 am »

I still don't get why people make a big fuss about high resolution, I mean I watched some shows on a ultra HD TV and it made everything look like complete shit so I don't really see the appeal.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163673 on: September 25, 2023, 07:26:24 am »

Eh... past 720 or so there's not much difference in video, at least in my experience, and 480's plenty watchable.

Screen resolution, though. You lose a shitton of screen real estate going back to 1280 or whatev'. Once you've adjusted to a larger resolution going back just feels... constrained. You can live with it, but it's pretty unpleasant.

E: Anyway, in actual wtf... that feeling when you open a container of dog treats and you're just, like "That... that smells really good..." and it's just. Avaunt ye, demon of the dog treats, your temptation holds insufficient no sway here.

Seriously, though, the pickup folks had to substitute something I've been getting and the swapped in stuff just. It smells like jerky. Dead on for human-consumption-safe beef jerky.

Extra WTF points, it smells like beef jerky but the thing says it's made from chicken so... frikkin' devil not!people food.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 12:45:37 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163674 on: September 26, 2023, 04:06:42 pm »

Had a major issue with a streaming platform earlier today, it wouldn’t let me sign in via apps on two different devices, like… it wouldn’t even acknowledge it sometimes, and other times it was like “nah, error”, and it did the same thing on two different browsers via one of those devices and my desktop. Wouldn’t let me reset my password, either, and restarting devices and apps and routers had no effect either.

Got offered a sweetener when trying to cancel it, which I would have been taken in if the only thing I was interested in on the app wasn’t offered elsewhere, or if I wasn’t worried the issues would arise again when the free period ended so that I couldn’t just cancel my account in 2 months instead of now.

Too bad the billing period was yesterday, could’ve saved six bucks.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163675 on: September 26, 2023, 09:12:06 pm »

Eh... past 720 or so there's not much difference in video, at least in my experience, and 480's plenty watchable.

Screen resolution, though. You lose a shitton of screen real estate going back to 1280 or whatev'. Once you've adjusted to a larger resolution going back just feels... constrained. You can live with it, but it's pretty unpleasant.
I find it mostly depends on the size of your screen. On mobile 480 is totally watchable and sufficient and 720 is crystal clear. On my desktop monitor (24 inches) 480 is pretty awful, 720 is kinda blurry, and 1080 is ideal.
I imagine if I had a giant 4k monitor (and was sitting close to it like a computer instead of far away like a TV) that even 1080 would have issues if you tried to spread one across the whole screen.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163676 on: September 27, 2023, 03:37:09 am »

E: Anyway, in actual wtf... that feeling when you open a container of dog treats and you're just, like "That... that smells really good..." and it's just. Avaunt ye, demon of the dog treats, your temptation holds insufficient no sway here.

Seriously, though, the pickup folks had to substitute something I've been getting and the swapped in stuff just. It smells like jerky. Dead on for human-consumption-safe beef jerky.

Extra WTF points, it smells like beef jerky but the thing says it's made from chicken so... frikkin' devil not!people food.
When I was little I ate the dog biscuits and they tasted pretty good, but when I tried ones that smelled like jerky they tasted terrible, I say give them a shot and see what they taste like.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163677 on: September 27, 2023, 08:04:35 am »

Dog food is perfectly edible for humans. The other direction is the problem.

BTW, I had a similar experience with cans of cat food. The sauce did smell good.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163678 on: September 27, 2023, 08:08:52 am »

Arent their legal requirements for dog/cat food to be fit for human consumption

appetizing is another story
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163679 on: September 27, 2023, 10:24:27 am »

When I was little I ate the dog biscuits and they tasted pretty good, but when I tried ones that smelled like jerky they tasted terrible, I say give them a shot and see what they taste like.
Reminds me of the video of the woman who tried some hemp biscuits.

Turned out they were dog treats for the dog's arthritis.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 10910 10911 [10912] 10913 10914 ... 11040