Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10912 10913 [10914] 10915 10916 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14565438 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163695 on: September 29, 2023, 05:20:24 pm »

Bleh, in so much pain today. In the week since my medicine ran out, my symptoms have swung back hard. High stress at work isn't helping. Turns out it was the doctor's fault that I ran out of my prescription and couldn't refill until today except I can't refill today because the pharmacy doesn't stock it and has to order it. When I called his office to find out what happened, they lied and said that he told me to take it as written on the prescription.

Originally, I was told to take it twice a day, but the prescription was written for once a day because my insurance doesn't cover this drug if prescribed for twice a day. I can prove he told me to do that, as the refill schedule wouldn't make sense otherwise. He wrote in for three refills(plus the initial fill) for 30 days each, that is, four months, but this is only supposed to be a two month course. And their proposed solution was to either cancel the prescription and write a new one, or write a quick one of four doses to tide me over until the refill. Both would require me to pay out of pocket(it's an expensive drug), the former likely in the thousands of dollars, the latter would be too little too late to matter and still be unnecessarily expensive.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163696 on: October 02, 2023, 02:37:35 pm »

So my employer ostensibly has an employer discount for cell phone service, up to $10 per line.

But the cell phone company says that if you're on the plans we're on, which cost us $70/month per line (yay US cell phone costs!), they are ineligible for the employer discount.  Instead, if I was on their bottom-tier plan, which is still like $55/month, I could get the discount.

So they'd be willing to give $10 off $55 (an 18% discount), but aren't willing to give $10 off $70 (14% discount).

I mean, I guess it makes sense because most of the lines are probably on the higher cost plans, so they pay $0 discount instead of even the 14%.  But if I switch to the bottom-rung plan out of spite, their revenue on that line will go down by even more.  They are likely banking on me not changing my account.

Although I did get a one-time $10 credit for my hassle of spending over an hour in the customer support chat.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163697 on: October 03, 2023, 01:31:25 pm »

Tried some out of date instant ramen.

It tastes alright, given I got it cheap I won't hold that against it, but holy fuck is it hot. My lips are tingle-burning.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163698 on: October 03, 2023, 05:32:45 pm »

Bit late, but one of the easiest and tastiest ways to help with that is just dump some cheese in it. Cheesy ramen is good and cheese helps mitigate spiciness. Win/win.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163699 on: October 03, 2023, 05:47:57 pm »

I've had some residents at the nursing homes that insist on eating it with cheese and ranch. Unhealthy amounts of it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163700 on: October 03, 2023, 05:57:47 pm »

If you put enough cheese on it you basically end up with long macaroni and cheese. They actually have cheese instant noodles out there, too (they're pretty damn good as instant noodles go!), too.

... less sure about the ranch. Haven't tried that on noodles. Generally not super fond of, like, salad dressing type stuff on anything, though. Been kinda' thinking of trying it a bit (I do like ranch chips, and ranch on pizza), but it.

Well, it's hard to find salad dressing stuff without kill-yourself amounts of salt in it. You can get that shit at 0 carbs with barely any effort, but low to zero salt? Lol. Low sodium salad dressing's idea of low sodium is still like 200+ mg per serving, and the regular stuff is like 2-4x that, or some crap like that. Crazy stuff.
Ask not!
Ask!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163701 on: October 03, 2023, 06:39:43 pm »

If youre going to binge, I recommend doing it in excess
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #163702 on: October 03, 2023, 06:50:08 pm »

Well, it's hard to find salad dressing stuff without kill-yourself amounts of salt in it. You can get that shit at 0 carbs with barely any effort, but low to zero salt? Lol. Low sodium salad dressing's idea of low sodium is still like 200+ mg per serving, and the regular stuff is like 2-4x that, or some crap like that. Crazy stuff.

Unless you have specific health problems, the dangers of salt are massively overhyped. The original research from the 70s that everything's based on was extremely flawed, but that was missed in the rush to start making good use of this new "nutrition" concept. The much hyped reduction in blood pressure correlating with lowered salt intake also correlated equally strongly with many other lifestyle changes. More recent studies, particularly in China, that have been able to track sodium intake as a variable more independently suggest that there IS a danger with excessive sodium intake, but it starts hitting at 5000-6000 milligrams rather than the 1500-2000 that has long been decreed as "ideal". Equally important, more and more research is showing that low intake is equally dangerous, because sodium is a vital mineral for proper function of the human body.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163703 on: October 03, 2023, 07:04:47 pm »

Eh... from what I've been able to pick up, we're good so far as functioning goes around 500 mg a day, so you have to go pretty damn low to get too low (also it is staggeringly difficult to even keep daily intake under 1k, nevermind lower, in most modern societies). That's what I was aiming at for a while, though I've relaxed some, if still trying to keep it under that 2k. It's been enough, with medication, to bring my blood pressure back down to less lethal levels, which is why I notice it so much.

Though it's remarkably easy to clock 5k+ in a day if you're not paying attention and doing stuff like piling on salad dressing or eating much fast food or whatever, heh. Our food is drenched as hell in sodium, and 5k as a new upper-ish limit wouldn't actually mitigate that as a problem.
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163704 on: October 04, 2023, 04:32:04 am »

Can any of you access Google or any Google service? It's out right now.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163705 on: October 04, 2023, 04:56:23 am »

Google works just fine.
Google services, no idea, I don't use those.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163706 on: October 04, 2023, 06:46:44 am »

google assistant got me my newscasts just fine
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163707 on: October 04, 2023, 07:05:01 am »

If youre going to binge, I recommend doing it in excess

Speaking of, you can still order that 28-pound bucket of mac and cheese online.

Interestingly though, its claim of "240 servings" means that they consider a serving of mac and cheese to be about 1.8 ounces.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163708 on: October 04, 2023, 07:53:16 am »

Actually isn't far from the standard for boxed mac, checking some I got in the pantry. It's a 6 oz box with 2.5 servings, which comes out to about 2.4 oz per. That 2.4 oz makes around a cup of mac, cooked.

... basically no one eats just one serving, though. I used to generally just eat the whole damn box in one go as a meal, but I've (usually, unless whatever I do to it that day ends up tasting really, really good) mostly cut back to about half or 2/3rds or so.

Whole box worth tends to make my reflux issues unhappy, these days, heh.

E: Also, quick check of the instant mac and cheese cups they got these days shows kraft's basic one weighs in at 2.05 oz, so the bucket thing's pretty close, serving wise, to those things. Bucket's about in line with normal serving allocation for mac n cheese, basically.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:56:34 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163709 on: October 05, 2023, 03:39:04 am »

I made a calender notification for an appointment tomorrow with a time but not with where or with whom. Now I get to call around asking and then get surprised by the one that I dont have regular contact with. I have no recollection of making this notification either.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 10912 10913 [10914] 10915 10916 ... 11040