Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10911 10912 [10913] 10914 10915 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14567424 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163680 on: September 27, 2023, 11:03:03 am »

So I've been getting some e-mail offers over the past few weeks. They're mostly hilariously obvious as scams, but I like the idea of them slowly learning and adapting over time, making it that much more believable with every iteration. What's weird is that they send them all to me, like, he ignored the last three obvious attempts, maybe if we bother putting in a name this time around they'll fall for it?

Spoiler: Large (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163681 on: September 27, 2023, 11:06:50 am »

You should do a James Veitch and share the results!
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #163682 on: September 27, 2023, 11:27:16 am »

[Your name] really endears you to them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #163683 on: September 28, 2023, 12:13:50 am »

E: Anyway, in actual wtf... that feeling when you open a container of dog treats and you're just, like "That... that smells really good..." and it's just. Avaunt ye, demon of the dog treats, your temptation holds insufficient no sway here.

Seriously, though, the pickup folks had to substitute something I've been getting and the swapped in stuff just. It smells like jerky. Dead on for human-consumption-safe beef jerky.

Extra WTF points, it smells like beef jerky but the thing says it's made from chicken so... frikkin' devil not!people food.
When I was little I ate the dog biscuits and they tasted pretty good, but when I tried ones that smelled like jerky they tasted terrible, I say give them a shot and see what they taste like.
Reminds me of the video of the woman who tried some hemp biscuits.

Turned out they were dog treats for the dog's arthritis.
Did they help her arthritis?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163684 on: September 28, 2023, 05:28:42 am »

E: Anyway, in actual wtf... that feeling when you open a container of dog treats and you're just, like "That... that smells really good..." and it's just. Avaunt ye, demon of the dog treats, your temptation holds insufficient no sway here.

Seriously, though, the pickup folks had to substitute something I've been getting and the swapped in stuff just. It smells like jerky. Dead on for human-consumption-safe beef jerky.

Extra WTF points, it smells like beef jerky but the thing says it's made from chicken so... frikkin' devil not!people food.
When I was little I ate the dog biscuits and they tasted pretty good, but when I tried ones that smelled like jerky they tasted terrible, I say give them a shot and see what they taste like.
There was a blessed pensioner couple who said they had the most banging pate ever, but it turned out to be cat food

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #163685 on: September 29, 2023, 10:18:25 am »

I told my partner I was mad at her because she always chooses antagonistic wording when she talks to me and how she talks down about my work and what I do and she blew up, blames me for her cold which I caught first, asks me why if she's my antagonist or enemy then why am I dating her and she doesn't understand why I get upset when her word choice isn't choosing to be mean and now she's angry crying that I'm upset

and she wonders when I say I don't feel like I have a right to be upset because she'll make it my fault I'm upset or she'll find something else about it to put me down for

I don't know, I've fucked this up again by being hurt and expressing that I'm hurt. She's had abusive exes blow up at her before about whatever so she has some traumas, and she's explained that her teasing and little putdowns are how she talks with her close friends and the guys because that's how you talk in male dominated spheres, but I really, really, really wish that wasn't her path of least resistance in our relationship and that she had a little more tact.

Yes, mornings aren't her strong suit, yes her head feels like it'll explode (and this is something she's vocally holding against me), but I'm still hurt.

I don't know, my head's spinning.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163686 on: September 29, 2023, 10:27:16 am »

You have every right to calmly explain that your feelings have been hurt. That is not "fucking up", that is communicating with your partner.

If she can't accept that without getting defensive and deflecting, that is not your fault. If teasing and put downs aren't something you appreciate and you've said that, then she either respects your feelings on that matter or she doesn't.

Never feel guilty about saying how you feel, as long as you've said it with calmly and with respect. You have every right to draw boundaries and being mocked for her own amusement is absolutely a reasonable one.

This is 2023. Don't let someone emotionally abuse you then use tears to turn it back around on you.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 10:33:09 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #163687 on: September 29, 2023, 10:46:04 am »

Yeah. I'm uneasy in general, but tensions are particularly high since we've been joined at the hip for the last month on account of living out of a van since the first of September.

She says she's all right, so hopefully it'll subside.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163688 on: September 29, 2023, 11:14:20 am »

Yeah, you’ve got every right to express how you feel, and every right to challenge her on you she treats you. This is not you messing up, it’s you asking to have your boundaries respected.

My wife doesn’t like it when I call her unpleasant things in jest, so… I don’t. My wife also doesn’t like it when I give her a fright, so… I don’t, and endeavour to avoid it even by accident. I’m a wee ninja though, so it is sometimes difficult.

My wife tends to get me sick as well, I don’t blame her for it. It’s not like she’s doing it on porpoise.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163689 on: September 29, 2023, 11:35:24 am »

Please, no, you have invited another page of aquatic mammal puns.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163690 on: September 29, 2023, 11:38:13 am »

He didnt do it on porpoise friend
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163691 on: September 29, 2023, 11:51:25 am »

Please, no, you have invited another page of aquatic mammal puns.

What better way for people to octopi their time?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163692 on: September 29, 2023, 02:33:12 pm »

No responses?  Dont Kelp it to yourself now
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163693 on: September 29, 2023, 03:25:19 pm »

But don't try to Catfish responses either.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163694 on: September 29, 2023, 03:43:48 pm »

Whale whale whale, what do we have here?
Pages: 1 ... 10911 10912 [10913] 10914 10915 ... 11040