Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10778 10779 [10780] 10781 10782 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570839 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161685 on: January 12, 2023, 07:59:55 am »

Yo this is my new corporate seminar tickets start at £40,000 per head, champagne will be served for breakfast and we'll start off with today's new dynamic ethos of:

F-ire everyone
U-nemployment surprise
C-ontracts are zero hour
K-ey performance indicators optional
E-vil is just a word
D-on't pay taxes

This way you'll streamline your company and deliver efficiency, motivation, flexibility and vigorous ebullience!!!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161686 on: January 12, 2023, 05:39:56 pm »

Background: Some months ago, someone was brought into the store as a manager trainee, for a period that should be hopefully over in the next month or two. This man is a complete ass, acts extremely inappropriately in everything he does. How anyone thought this guy was good for a management position I cannot comprehend; I wouldn't have given him an entry-level job. Unfortunately, he's somehow popular with most every one of the lazy idiots I have to work with. As I said, he's should be gone hopefully soon, but if I find out he's staying permanently I will quit. I cannot stand this guy that much.

Anyways. Apparently, someone told him my birthday, which apparently also falls on the same day as his. He will not shut up about that fact, constantly referring to me as his "birthday buddy", and generally being an ass about it.

See if you can score a free cake out of your "birthday buddy".

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161687 on: January 13, 2023, 03:46:45 pm »

There's something wrong with society.

Got a popup on a website today:

Quote from: seriously
By using the <redacted> sites and/or maintaining your account, you agree to our updated Terms of Use, including an updated arbitration clause.

I don't have nor maintain an account on that site, but I like that it even includes "by using the site" as "you're now subject to arbitration".  /eyeroll

EDIT:

Why would you even pay for the site in question!? It's a news site, but look at this LITERAL quote from it... do they even have an editor/reviewer? Or do they just let anyone press the "publish" button!?

Quote from: Must be an intense question!
Chief among those are the lingering effects of the pandemic, occupational segregation that crowds people of color in low-paying jobs, and women’s caregiving responsibilities within families???

???

???

???
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:59:44 pm by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #161688 on: January 13, 2023, 07:12:11 pm »

Why would you even pay for the site in question!? It's a news site, but look at this LITERAL quote from it... do they even have an editor/reviewer? Or do they just let anyone press the "publish" button!?

Quote from: Must be an intense question!
Chief among those are the lingering effects of the pandemic, occupational segregation that crowds people of color in low-paying jobs, and women’s caregiving responsibilities within families???
It was probably written by a bot. Its possible they had a human do a once over, but some of the "news" articles out there don't even get that.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161689 on: January 13, 2023, 09:34:18 pm »

I pretty much assume every Term of Use says: "You have no rights"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161690 on: January 14, 2023, 09:22:16 pm »

My E and D keys were failing so I gave my laptop one quick hit of percussive maintenance.  It shut down.
It booted back up and:

The mouse didn't work (G HUB for my long-unconnected USB mouse was automatically installing an update, OBVIOUSLY disabling my actual mouse)

Flash asked me to uninstall it, as always, except this time it also asked Windows permission to change my computer.  FUCK NO, ASSHOLES

This one guy on Discord said hi because I guess me flashing to "offline" back to "away" means "I totally want to deal with you right now" despite me consistently asking him to back off lately as I've been sick

Most perplexingly:  The E and D keys work fine now
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161691 on: January 15, 2023, 02:09:03 am »

My E and D keys were failing so I gave my laptop one quick hit of percussive maintenance.
I did that once on a computer tower and it killed it, some times it better to leave it the way it is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161692 on: January 15, 2023, 04:48:43 pm »

I tend to feed my cats when I get back from my evening run/grocery run.  I wonder if they think I go out and hunt wild cans of cat food?  :o
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161693 on: January 16, 2023, 02:57:55 am »

Been seeing bits from the Velma show and... uh...

Who read the script and went "Yup, seems like it's good!"?

Conservatives hate it because it hates on their idols and is full of "Wokey nonsense", liberals hate it because they act like a conservative talk show host's idea of a liberal is and it criticises things like the Me Too movement. Racists don't like it because it swapped out white characters for non-white. People of those ethnicities don't like it because they (And nobody) acts like the characters do.

Who was the target audience? Did they pitch it to the most internally inconsistent individual, have them say "Seems great!" and assume that meant it was fine?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #161694 on: January 16, 2023, 07:20:24 am »

I just googled it and they made Velma black((Edit: Indian? I'm seeing a few takes online)). For... no reason other than social-justice points, I assume? You always know they'll use it as a way to improve plot or character depth /jk.  ::)

Ahahahahahaha, Daphne is a drug dealer. Gold.

It seems like they tried to do what Spiderman's Miles Morales did..... only bad.

Edit edit:  Oh, hey, I was right.

'This decision to change the character's background (she's been a white character since 1969) was partially inspired by Peter Ramsey, Bob Persichetti, and Rodney Rothman's animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which features a Black Spider-Man.'
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 07:25:00 am by TD1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161695 on: January 16, 2023, 07:41:55 am »

I seen like 5 video essays because I didn't have it in me to get up and switch my autoplay.

At this point I'm convinced they design shows to advertise themselves with controversy, that but also maybe they have a writing team with pretty secure jobs that 0 interest in writing for the IPs the corpos keep acquiring.
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161696 on: January 16, 2023, 09:33:24 am »

I'm wondering if I can sue these large companies for mental pain and suffering because of their egregious practices for online content.

Seriously, my kids just want to play games. But no, when I buy them something on my main parent account, it's locked to my account, not sharable across a family.  What is this shit?  I'm not buying a game twice just so both my kids can play it.

And if I tell my kids I'm no longer going to support these companies, I'm going to get no end of grief - hence the considering suing for anguish.

Idiotic.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161697 on: January 16, 2023, 09:58:43 am »

Meh, they get too anti-consumer they were asking to be pirated, splendid logic I know, but only a mark would pay for a lesser product than thieves get.
let

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161698 on: January 16, 2023, 10:26:30 am »

Steam has family sharing. Join the master race!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161699 on: January 16, 2023, 10:34:52 am »

'This decision to change the character's background (she's been a white character since 1969) was partially inspired by Peter Ramsey, Bob Persichetti, and Rodney Rothman's animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which features a Black Spider-Man.'

I watched Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. There were two spider-men, only one of which was black, and a spider-woman. And the whole point of that movie was that there were paralel universes, in each of which was a different spider-person.

However, this reminds me of the Merlin tv-show, in which Guinevere is not only a smith's daughter rather than a princess, but also black. She should be a celtic noble lady. Celtic!
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 10778 10779 [10780] 10781 10782 ... 11040