Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10720 10721 [10722] 10723 10724 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558225 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160815 on: September 09, 2022, 02:14:10 pm »

Apply directly to the forehead.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160816 on: September 09, 2022, 02:17:53 pm »

I don't want to get into the details of it, but damn, some anarcho-capitalists I got into an argument with are flipping delusional.

Suppose it sort of comes with the territory of combining anarchism with an inherently hierarchical structure.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160817 on: September 09, 2022, 06:04:42 pm »

There should be no law and also the law should protect my holdings.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160818 on: September 09, 2022, 09:44:44 pm »

... been around TV a lot more than usual the last few days, needing to keep more eye on grandparents than usual and they get antsy without the noise, but, just.

How the hell do people stand constant sound like this 24/7, or even just while awake? After a few days of this it's starting to literally make me dizzy by the end of the day. Music's at least not as bad as commercial active channels (best use of time machine: go back and brutally murder anyone that tries to develop the cursed things), but... still. It's too damn much, too damn long. It's not like it's genuinely quiet even with the bloody thing off -- there's constant low-key ambient noises from environment and machines -- but I just have trouble wrapping my head around someone actively seeking to avoid even that much slow down in terms of racket.

Just... can't understand folks that are more disturbed by relative peace than incessant relatively loud noise. They're somewhere adjacent to people that basically tailgate in the middle of a storm, it's a wildly alien way of interacting with the world to me :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160819 on: September 10, 2022, 01:40:37 am »

So, apparently there's some candy in Finland called "ananasanustappi" (translation: "pineapple butt-plug" in English) due to some error
Using a pineapple as a buttplug seems like a terrible idea, and a buttplug doesn't sound like something you'd want to eat no matter what flavor it is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160820 on: September 10, 2022, 09:51:22 am »

Definitely a bad idea, pineapple is quite caustic.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #160821 on: September 10, 2022, 09:53:11 am »

So, apparently there's some candy in Finland called "ananasanustappi" (translation: "pineapple butt-plug" in English) due to some error
Using a pineapple as a buttplug seems like a terrible idea, and a buttplug doesn't sound like something you'd want to eat no matter what flavor it is.

You'll never know before trying!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160822 on: September 10, 2022, 09:58:01 am »

from a quick check, the ones that actually exist (and they actually exist, 30 something bucks on etsy for the first hit, "sweet booty bling candy butt plug") basically have the candy part on the bit that stays on the outside

so

there you go
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160823 on: September 10, 2022, 01:57:19 pm »

where's the fun in that

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160824 on: September 10, 2022, 01:59:13 pm »

Probably in not sticking your insides together with wet sugar.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #160825 on: September 10, 2022, 02:07:03 pm »

Probably in not sticking your insides together with wet sugar.

I'll take "ways to get a yeast infection" for 800...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160826 on: September 11, 2022, 02:59:47 am »

That would make for a weird game of Jeopardy.

from a quick check, the ones that actually exist (and they actually exist, 30 something bucks on etsy for the first hit, "sweet booty bling candy butt plug") basically have the candy part on the bit that stays on the outside

so

there you go
For 30 dollars why not go the all the way and make the entire thing edible?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160827 on: September 11, 2022, 03:59:54 am »

Hell if I know. Maybe whoever made it just really liked ring pops and couldn't figure out a better way to stick one up someone's bum.
Ask not!
Ask!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160828 on: September 12, 2022, 09:59:29 pm »

I think my perception of time's been buggered by Paradox games.

See, ten years ago I was still a teenager. Me being a teenager feels like a lifetime ago. I'm really not the same person as I was back then, my dad was alive, I knew almost nobody I'm friends with now, none of them were at university because we were all still in school, it's not even been a decade since I last saw some of the people in my year.

And yet, ten years also feels like absolutely no time in the grand scheme of things. Despite how long a decade feels, if I was told I had a decade to live I'd think that's far, far, far too short. Nothing happens in a decade, people don't change much. And I think it's because Paradox games actually anchor stuff to a date and timespan that vanishes in front of your eyes that my brain's thinking like that. It's not some arbitrary turn system, or "X years" in some system that's too divorced from reality to make sense like the Civilization games.

Ultimately I'm hoping for some life-extension technology at least. I mean, I want to be able to do everything I want and leave this universe on my own terms, but more time will do me.

You know, I think my depression, recovery and trans-ness has done something to me. It's like I'm experiencing or have experienced a severe psychological shift in how I see the world and my own life. I don't know if this is good or bad, guess I'll just have to see.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160829 on: September 13, 2022, 12:36:29 am »

My housemate/landlady finally figured out that I'm not cis after a year of living together and, contrary to what I expected/what usually happens, started treating me like a shiny pokemon.

Interesting. I could get used to this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 10720 10721 [10722] 10723 10724 ... 11040