Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10631 10632 [10633] 10634 10635 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14559854 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159480 on: March 10, 2022, 08:47:56 pm »

haha my father is married to some woman in one of the Carolinas and is miserable.  Last I heard he was being cheated on, she wouldnt let him get a car, they live in the boonies, and he asked to move in with me.

I told him that he was the one who had the power to change his life, not me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159481 on: March 10, 2022, 09:56:02 pm »

This is why Im striving hard to make a good connection with my son, be a caring, loving father he can count on, even if just to hear him. Enough of lousy parents, kids deserve way better. While can't say had a great dad, actually can say it because my grandfather took the role and was really awesome at it, may he rest in peace.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159482 on: March 10, 2022, 09:59:42 pm »

I never got to know my father. I've spoken to him over the phone exactly once that I can remember. The only news I've heard about him is that he once tried to commit suicide by drinking bleach.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159483 on: March 10, 2022, 11:18:18 pm »

My dad was ok. He's probably gonna be dead in a month, maybe sooner. Maybe longer. Hospice.

He's just not eating. He doesn't know what is going on, and he's now too dumb to eat.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159484 on: March 11, 2022, 02:50:07 am »

Jinx's. Father just died. Damnit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159485 on: March 11, 2022, 05:04:48 am »

I am sorry for your loss and wish you strenght
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #159486 on: March 11, 2022, 05:07:24 am »

I'm sorry... :'(
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159487 on: March 11, 2022, 05:24:26 am »

Sorry pal.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159488 on: March 12, 2022, 01:19:58 am »

Thanks for your condolences.
Funeral is scheduled Sunday, but we're not actually going to have the body there due to delays.  We're going with cremation, so it doesn't matter much anyways.
I'm mainly just not looking forward to explaining this multiple times to people.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159489 on: March 13, 2022, 04:43:30 pm »

Doing so hobby work again, found my hobby knife a couple of days ago after losing it in some clutter.

When I look at the blade sometimes my right eye hurts and the idea of the knife being in my eye flashes through my brain.

I hate those call of darkness moments, that bit that in the brain that goes 'hey, this could kill me.' Cliffs, blades, drills, medication.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159490 on: March 13, 2022, 07:31:13 pm »

hunh. I get that with traffic lines.  I could swerve into the oncoming traffic, those yellow lines arent actually stopping me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159491 on: March 13, 2022, 09:02:38 pm »

I think that kind of thing is normal. There’s probably a name for it but I can’t be bothered looking.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159492 on: March 13, 2022, 09:04:05 pm »

There is an official term, but I can't recall it offhand. Something along the lines of "intrusive thoughts"?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159493 on: March 13, 2022, 10:00:41 pm »

In this case, it's called "The Call of the void". It's a translation of a french saying.

An intrusive thought is a little different, but more serious. An intrusive thought is something like "You're a worthless human being, and all of your friends secretly hate you". While call of the void is thinking "there's nothing stopping me from pushing my wife off this balcony" while you're both looking at a sunset.

Call of the void is a simple acknowledgement of the fragility of life, while intrusive thoughts are your mind randomly attacking itself.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159494 on: March 16, 2022, 08:53:20 am »

Dad told me to look into cybersecurity like it isn't the most popular major since bread slicing.

Like cheers mate let me take on more thousands of debt and time just so I might get a job making shitty PowerPoint about not responding to phishing emails nobody listens to and update 20 windows machines.  Because that needs college education.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 10631 10632 [10633] 10634 10635 ... 11040